Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I love the art style....

I know its totally subjective, but the art style in sims 4 is my favorite of any of the games. And in my opinion the sims are absolutely beautiful, without cc. I agree with those who say 4 has the most attractive sims of the series :)<3

Comments

• Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I agree with you. I love the clean, cartoony style of this game and any time I download cc its maxis match where possible. There are alpha contents that I love the look of that just can't be found currently in maxis match that I download and use but to be honest that's rare these days because it doesn't fit the aesthetic I love that's already a part of this game.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    YouYou Posts: 123 Member
    imo I think they look better with cc
    I'm you.
  • Options
    TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    edited February 2018
    You wrote: »
    imo I think they look better with cc

In my opinion, these are the best looking sims yet. Havent like the way sims look in any other game before actually. I dont need cc at all, even though I will use it occassionally.

• Options
    sneezepleasesneezeplease Posts: 18 Member
    I like this style the best, too. Sims 2 and 3 have very distinctive styles, but it was still hard for me to make sims that didn't look exactly like each other. It's easier to customize these with the grab and pull CAS.
  • Options
    @You my big add with cc is eyelashes. Its the one thing about the game's normal aesthetic I don't care for. Kijiiko's 3d eyelashes are beautiful so I spend a huge amount of time going through my townies and giving them proper eyelashes :D But I think they go lovely with the game's aesthetic already. ...Sort of Maxis matchy.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited February 2018
    Same really. Probably my favorite art style out of the series along with the Sims 2.

I like games with a certain style to them that stands out from others. I feel like games with 'real graphics' are like a dime a dozen compared to a unique art styles. (Not hating on real graphics as I do like certain games with them Tomb Raider, Elder Scrolls) It definitely fits with the over all aesthetic of the game and there's no textures and different art styles that clashed with the over all game.

Any CC I have is always MM. I did play vanilla game for a long time, since the over all clothing and choices I had were actually appealing.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Agreed @LadyKyn it feels like the team tried really hard to give us items that were more timeless or at least more up-to-date than in previous games. Its a lot easier to play without feeling like you have to get cc.
  • Options
    I absolutely love the clothing in sims 4. Again, a first ! Lol. I really like the latest packs clothing/hair. Cant wait to get new pc in a few days.
  • Options
    Xavy_CatXavy_Cat Posts: 350 Member
    I really enjoy the art style of Sims 4, too. I do still use maxis match CC but I don't find the vanilla sims to look bad at all.
    ms-gif-sims%201_zps4784kijd.gif
  • Options
    nothing wrong with some cc @Nikoa cc allows us to personalize our sims more. but I feel really proud of my sims when they don't have cc too o:)<3
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    @duhboy2u2 Definitely. Actually got rid of a couple of things unless I found them to be rather unique for certain sims. Mostly just a few hairs, clothing and more so better makeup. I think for the first time in a long time I can easily create sims a lot easier than before and of different variety. When I see heavily CC related screen shots from some it doesn't even look like a sims game. I'm reminded of things like IMVU and Second Life places I never cared for. It just feels really out of place.

The clothing in game is definitely modern and up with the times, which I can see myself coming back to this game even five of ten years later because the clothing can definitely hold up. Furniture is decent and doesn't look like it belongs in my great grandmother's home.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    Tbh I think this the most asthetically pleasing game out of all the games. I dont have to use cc all the time to make good looking sims ;)
  • Options
    Tbh I think this the most asthetically pleasing game out of all the games. I dont have to use cc all the time to make good looking sims ;)

Agree <3o:)
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    I think in terms of sims and that it is more artsy is nice.
    I am not too pleased with terrain, as it all looks blurry and smooth.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I absolutely love the art style of this game too. It is super stunning and the best of all the iterations.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Yes personal tast is all up the individual but I love it, sometimes I like to have cc but usually I don't need it, especially since I fall into a habit of dressing sims and sometimes forget to use other clothes. Sometimes I'm good with free will so I can look around.
    25307735217_9b717d3315_b.jpg
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    The art style is miles ahead of what they've done previously, but it does need some touches, especially when it comes to the little details. In this day and age of technology they can refine it much better. For example if you ever took the time to examine the feet on your Sims, you'll notice they don't really have toes, and that those toes you can see are really just painted on a flat surface that is supposed to be their feet. It's those little things.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    The art style of TS4 is gorgeous but only thing that the sims are missing is body hair & piercings.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    I'm always going to be a fan of sims 4 simply because I enjoy it and I would choose it's aesthetic anyday <3o:)

Whether I'm in the smaller or larger crowd, that's alright by me.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,598 Member
    Yeah. I like the art style for the sims. I wish some things would look a bit more detailed such as the rocks.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    My newest sim Elissa :) Love her. I am able to create pixels that I truly find beautiful in this game o:)

mt4b3gN.png
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    DeKay wrote: »
    Yeah. I like the art style for the sims. I wish some things would look a bit more detailed such as the rocks.

I wish the grass had more detail. I disliked the grass in sims 3 also @DeKay
  • Options
    sassygray5sassygray5 Posts: 546 Member
    Agree! 4 is by far the best art style.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    @kaywilliams She's very pretty :smiley:
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    Thank you @RedDestiny92 I love creating sims o:)