Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How big is your CC folder?

Comments

• Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    edited February 2018
    Just 1,5 GB with roughly 500 files mostly MM Cas stuff: hair, make up and clothing and my default skin and eyes.
    Haha looked again
    Post edited by Madachan88 on
  • SummerStreakSummerStreak Posts: 119 Member
    5.15 GB, 2010 files :'D
  • TristySnowTristySnow Posts: 13 New Member
    Mine is 1.38 GB / 646 files. and I really need to do some clearing out and new cc shopping!
  • night_tidenight_tide Posts: 112 Member
    Oof. I didn't realize how much I had until now. 1,160. This is probably only a small amount compared to others, but to me, this is way more than I thought! :D
    The roof is not my son, but I will raise it.

original.gif

• SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited February 2018
    My Mods folder alone is 20 GB roughly. I have a gaming computer less than 2 years old, but all the custom content has really increased the loading time of the game (I know this because each time the game is started after a patch update that disables all cc/mods it takes only about 1 minute to load...with all the cc and mods it takes 15 minutes...however that is still not as bad as my Sims 1 game used to be....it used to take 30 minutes on my old Windows XP computer to load with 2 GB in my downloads or user objects folder.) I just do other stuff while it is loading...like post on forums :wink: or take out the trash, or get a snack.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • ShaeShae Posts: 303 Member
    8.94 Gigs currently, with 1889 mods (and still growing) in my folder.
    Just a visually impaired gamer who enjoys taking ordinary Sims and making them extraordinary.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=WbRQP-PXDpA
  • KingoKingo Posts: 30 Member
    41,2 MB, 26 files

I've had more but I can't handle all the bugs in CAS or my game breaking, so I use as little as possible so my game does not break after an update.
  • LunaSimmssLunaSimmss Posts: 34 Member
    I love CC so much, I can't play without it. I have just over 700 CC items and mods in my game.
  • TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
    I'm trying my hardest to keep it under 5 gbs. 4700 files
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

• KolikokolitkaKolikokolitka Posts: 178 Member
    3 GB
    570 files
    I use S4Studio to merge the files.
    EA ID: Simkiim (you can find all my Maxis-only builds on Gallery)
    My build previews on this site HERE.
  • MeteoraStormMeteoraStorm Posts: 243 Member
    10 GB exactly. I didn't realise I had that much..... :#
  • midnitetechmidnitetech Posts: 283 Member
    11GB exactly :o
  • simerizersimerizer Posts: 38 Member
    > @SimsILikeSims said:
    > My Mods folder alone is 20 GB roughly. I have a gaming computer less than 2 years old, but all the custom content has really increased the loading time of the game (I know this because each time the game is started after a patch update that disables all cc/mods it takes only about 1 minute to load...with all the cc and mods it takes 15 minutes...however that is still not as bad as my Sims 1 game used to be....it used to take 30 minutes on my old Windows XP computer to load with 2 GB in my downloads or user objects folder.) I just do other stuff while it is loading...like post on forums :wink: or take out the trash, or get a snack.
    @SimsILikeSims you remind me of my Sims 3 day, I could do laundry or cook dinner during while loading the game up. But with Sims 4, I feel that merging does reduce the loading time significantly (my computer is 5 years old but probably my SSD helps). Today I timed it and found out the first screen took only 2 minutes (2 more minutes to load the family.) with my 22.2 GB in Mods folder merged into 30 packages, still many, but considering that my gameplay mods alone are already 800 packages and counting...
  • simmerchick659simmerchick659 Posts: 4 New Member
    pretty big i just deleted a bunch though lol
  • I_Wanted_To_Be_EdgyI_Wanted_To_Be_Edgy Posts: 186 Member
    13 GB with 4,800 files. This is my main game, with my side sims (who I don't write about) I cut the cc in half and everything is much quicker and less of a hassle. This is the first time I've heard about merging packages and now i'm curious? Lol.
    giphy.gif

I only played with you, string between a kitten's mitts.

Origin ID: Azaylia
  • xosummerloverxoxosummerloverxo Posts: 245 Member
    I have 4.70GB (with merging) currently. I don't really have a "gaming" laptop so I have to be a bit careful with how much I download but I'm definitely a CC-aholic :D
    tumblr_opy59iHeFc1vnq1cro1_400.gif
    I do not own the above gif.

• asadlittlepotatoasadlittlepotato Posts: 23 Member
    edited March 2018
    Oh my god, you guys! I currently have 117mb, and that already feels like a bit much for me.

I do have to admit, my sims 3 folder was something like10GB back in the day. I've since learned to keep things lightweight...
    Post edited by asadlittlepotato on
  • monochromaticmonochromatic Posts: 25 Member
    354 MB
    355 MB on disc
    293 Files, 105 Folders

My mods folder is a baby compared to some others lol
    It will grow in the future, I already know... I guess I'm just slightly picky, but I'm basically like that with the unmodded CAS objects as well... I've probably used like 2 of the male hairstyles. Granted, I've only really played with one male Sim. Lol.
  • TeoBoyTeoBoy Posts: 23 Member
    I have 3.17 GB, mostly made up of historical CC (about 2,700 files). My game runs well enough I don't add a lot of clutter to my in-game houses.

I did an experiment and tried merging files and the game starting working great (seemingly) but there were things missing. I'm not sure how to avoid this so beware when you merge, or have a backup handy if things don't work out with that.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    edited March 2018
    540 MB
    832 files
    17 folders

I don't see how you simmers with more than 2-3 gigs of cc play the game without problems or lag. I'd love to be able to dl more than 1 gig but my computer, which is about 8 years old, will start to protest...longer loading screens and more of a lag that I noticed so I see all this lovely cc I would love to have and can't. My desktop could handle Sims 3 and cc totally more than 2-3 gigs so I'm stumped. Oh well, it teaches me control and organization, lol.

Edit for typos
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • sarah_mariesarah_marie Posts: 1 New Member
    22.4 GB
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    45.6 MB A total of 46 files. Only a few of the mods are made by myself the others are mostly script mods for extra game play content. I've been trying to keep it to a minimum until I can get more memory other wise it would at least be at 25 GB. Lol
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• neinahpetsneinahpets Posts: 3 New Member
    Saw this thread when I was looking for ways to reduce the lag in loading and wow, just checked... 24.4gb at 12,659 files and 117 folders. And it grows daily as I create CC now (and am a TSR junkie).
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    81MB. I have the UI cheats extension and some female clothing and shoes.
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    edited April 2018
    1,95 Gt (about 360 files) but I do have some mods and poses etc as well :''D