Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Burglars? Haven't seen any

I was wondering are there burglars in the Sims 4? So far my household hasn't been burgled yet. Even though the household has lots of expensive stuff.
sims_forum_sig01OxVtU_display.jpg
YouTube: Good Sweet Games | SoundCloud: GAMESuite Tunes | Pinterest: GAMESuite Pins | Twitter: GAMESweetG

Comments

• duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Not that I've ever seen. I think they got eaten by that dastardly creature who ate all the firemen too. No but seriously, I think they have never been added or if they have they are so rare I've never seen one in my 2000+hours playing since it came out.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    There are no burglars, npc police, firefighters or charlatans.
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I miss the charlatans... <cry>
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    While I always felt bad when the repo man showed up, or forgetting to install a burglar alarm and getting burgled, it just fueled my desire to stay on top of things. To build the perfect house, partitioned so it doesnt burn down, to eventually get alarms, getting it all just right to then start crank calling the firemen for lurve.
    The charlatan was just a mini challenge in itself, I am surprised that klepto's dont try to pick pocket in S4.
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • GAMESweetGGAMESweetG Posts: 1,214 Member
    However there's Spy Agent, Criminal and Detective careers. So I cant understand why burglars wasn't added as a feature.
    sims_forum_sig01OxVtU_display.jpg
    YouTube: Good Sweet Games | SoundCloud: GAMESuite Tunes | Pinterest: GAMESuite Pins | Twitter: GAMESweetG
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Only person that comes creepin' in your house are vampires, except they're here to steal your plasma and not your toilet. :p
    5vJrxmT.png
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Nectere wrote: »

Charlatans?
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,559 Member
    I don't think I ever suffered the humiliation of have the Repo-Man arrive. I did find it hysterically amusing when the maid stole the toilet as payment when my Sim's bank account ran too low. It's not like you could call your steady maid to skip a week, or come back after your Sim got paid, or anything. :open_mouth: I like the bills set up in Sims4. It's much more logical to have the power and then the water turned off. However, it used to be you had to have your Sims in bed by 10:00 pm in order to entice the burglar to strike. I laughed so hard when my Sim, Spock of Star Trek fame, broke into tears when his car was stolen. Now, see what you've done? You've made me nostalgic.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    I don’t miss them. It was fun beating up the burglars, but my most recent S3 game they showed way way too often. Like several times a week often. Only marginally less annoying than paparazzi.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member

Charlatans?

Charlatan was a character in The Sims 2 Bon Voyage who appeared on community lots from time to time. He is recognized by his top hat, but the outfit depends on where you are (at home neighborhoods, he wore a victorial age suit). He starts out looking for a victim in suspicious way, then pickpockets the victim. The victim can then either report the foul play, fight to get their money back or go on with their day.
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I miss all of them. Really wish they would add them back in with a patch.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I want Burglars for sims 4
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    I want Burglars for sims 4
    me too

• LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »

Charlatans?

Charlatan was a character in The Sims 2 Bon Voyage who appeared on community lots from time to time. He is recognized by his top hat, but the outfit depends on where you are (at home neighborhoods, he wore a victorial age suit). He starts out looking for a victim in suspicious way, then pickpockets the victim. The victim can then either report the foul play, fight to get their money back or go on with their day.

Oh man I remember him it was pretty hilarious with the music that played when he came onto the lot to theh music that played when you decided to 'fisticuff' with him. Never failed when I wasn't paying attention he would always hit up my sim and pickpocket them he was funny as he was annoying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vFYzjst1II
    5vJrxmT.png
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    Who needs burglars when you have maids who steal your tea maker?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    I miss the Burglars in the Sims 4 also didn't they say they didn't add them because they didn't want 'Sensitive people to have a panic' attack or something? I wish they did add the Burglars back to the Sims 4 it don't feel the same without them.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    edited February 2018
    Idk how I really feel about burglars. I get miffed enough when a klepto I invited thinks he can come in and take something of mine in the house, especially if it was a career object. I had half a mind to plum him out, kick him off my house, and either delete or cause an early death.

But then, when I'm playing the klepto, it's a different story...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    theFella wrote: »
    Being randomly burgled would contradict Sims 4's theme of "you have to try really, really hard to get bad things to happen", so they removed it.

Yet I've had three sims set themselves on fire trying to cook breakfast in the last 2 weeks
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I don't even remotely miss them.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I don't think I ever suffered the humiliation of have the Repo-Man arrive. I did find it hysterically amusing when the maid stole the toilet as payment when my Sim's bank account ran too low. It's not like you could call your steady maid to skip a week, or come back after your Sim got paid, or anything. :open_mouth: I like the bills set up in Sims4. It's much more logical to have the power and then the water turned off. However, it used to be you had to have your Sims in bed by 10:00 pm in order to entice the burglar to strike. I laughed so hard when my Sim, Spock of Star Trek fame, broke into tears when his car was stolen. Now, see what you've done? You've made me nostalgic.

Ah man, I totally forgot that was a thing in TS2. I used to love (and yet hate) stuff like that happening.

It kept you on your toes.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    theFella wrote: »
    Being randomly burgled would contradict Sims 4's theme of "you have to try really, really hard to get bad things to happen", so they removed it.

Yet I've had three sims set themselves on fire trying to cook breakfast in the last 2 weeks

Did they die?
  • krenee77krenee77 Posts: 41 Member
    I was wondering are there burglars in the Sims 4? So far my household hasn't been burgled yet. Even though the household has lots of expensive stuff.

I sure miss those burglars...they were stylin' in their striped shirts. And that Repo man...swankin'.
  • JeanBaby4JeanBaby4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    I miss the little things that made life a bit harder for my sims. It seems like my sims live in a utopia where nothing bad ever happens at random. Sometimes I like it when things don't go according to plan, it happens to us all in real life, and i want this type of realism in my sims life too!