Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

free download sims2

feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
Has sims2 ever been free to download?? and if so or not, is there any talk that it may do??

Comments

• NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited February 2018
    The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection was definitely downloadable for free on Origin a few years ago. I know because I downloaded it at the time. Not sure why its not available for free now though and if it will return.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Has sims2 ever been free to download?? and if so or not, is there any talk that it may do??

Yes, in 2015 EA notified all who had registered on EA.com the TS2 base game or an EP, their games were no longer supported (they were shutting down the EA help/support for TS2) and you could download the TS2UC from Origin for free inorder to continue to get support help.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • notmothergothelnotmothergothel Posts: 42 Member
    In July 2017, I contacted EA via online chat. The advisor asked for the code to my sims 2 double deluxe, along with my email address associated with my account and id, to verify he was putting the code into the correct account. If you had Sims 2 and still have the keycode, that is the fastest way to get The Sims 2 Ultimate download. I got the download the first time I tried, but have heard that some people get denied the first time or two. I have also heard of people getting the download without a Sims 2 keycode simply by EA reviewing the Sims games that are owned on the account, almost like a loyalty perk. Not sure if you have to be really lucky for that though.
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    Thank you everyone. I may get in touch with Origin and ask them. I don't have the sims2 game anymore, I sold them when I got sims3.
  • mamabear1mamabear1 Posts: 25 Member
    If anyone can help me it would be appreciated. I am currently playing the sims 3 but I have the sims 2 start up disc and was wondering if I downloaded it would it override sims 3 or will they merge like when you add expansion packs?
  • tmcox1242tmcox1242 Posts: 32 Member
    I just called them 2 days ago and got it no problem. I think she noticed that I and the sims 4 on my origin account and just gave me the game. I have heard of others having to have proof of ownership of a sims 2 game, but my guess is that's only if you don't have another sims game in origin. Look on you tube for how to get the sims 2 ultimate and it will show you how to get to the right page on ea help. I went to the wrong place the first time I asked. (You need to go to the help page for the sims 2, not origin).
  • tmcox1242tmcox1242 Posts: 32 Member
    mamabear1 wrote: »
    If anyone can help me it would be appreciated. I am currently playing the sims 3 but I have the sims 2 start up disc and was wondering if I downloaded it would it override sims 3 or will they merge like when you add expansion packs?

Two totally different games, they won't touch each other.
  • lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    tmcox1242 wrote: »
    I just called them 2 days ago and got it no problem. I think she noticed that I and the sims 4 on my origin account and just gave me the game. I have heard of others having to have proof of ownership of a sims 2 game, but my guess is that's only if you don't have another sims game in origin. Look on you tube for how to get the sims 2 ultimate and it will show you how to get to the right page on ea help. I went to the wrong place the first time I asked. (You need to go to the help page for the sims 2, not origin).

I don't think so, it just depend on the advisor i think ^^ I had sims 3 (all EP but not kit) and 4 (all EP and GP) in my origin account, but the advisor did ask for the serial key, and where i had bought the game ( country and name of the shop )
  • spoopyspoopy Posts: 21 New Member
    okay, so like
  • spoopyspoopy Posts: 21 New Member
    i own all the discs for the base game + expansions & when they stopped working, i was able to download the whole thing off origin

goodluck ig
  • zobotxxzobotxx Posts: 10 New Member
    You can definitly get the whole game and all expanasion packs for free with no disks. I asked about 20 times with diferent people, and one guy gave it to me. If they say 'they can't give the game away because there are no more codes' they are lying. He asked for my email then bam I had the sims 2. All I had to do was download the game!
  • exyurockexyurock Posts: 25 Member
    I got TS2 for free in 2016, just asked it on EA Live Chat and after a few tries it worked.