Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Sims 4 Patch available

Comments

• Miss_LestrangeMiss_Lestrange Posts: 21 Member
    I'm kinda disappointed that there are no extra pale skin tones. I am not talking about mid tone or what you imagine when I say pale, but actually pale. Even the lightest colour in the Sims isn't as light as my skin, and I don't like the reddish undertone, and the yellow undertone looks a bit weird. I'm glad that there are more dark colours, though I would have been happy with an actual neutral pale skin colour. I do really like the new hair!
    Question: is this the only patch february will have?
  • Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    I was kind of hoping they would fix the CAS "change sim" and vampire "decorations now cost" bugs. Oh well.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited February 2018
    I do not really see myself using the new hair or the shirt. If it randomly appears on townies in-game is the only time those will ever be used. As for the skin tones, I tend to use the same 3 tones on all my created sims, so it just gives the game generated townies more variations. I am not all that impressed with the update, but then i never experienced the supposed bugs that were fixed either. Maybe the next update will be more appreciated.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I actually wish there was a way to stop them from adding tons of new stuff when we already have plenty. Ten new skin tones? I really don't need them. Reminds me on how we got tens of wooden textures with TS3, all looking more or less the same, all adding to a slower game.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    I too would have rather have seen bug fixes than this horrible hairstyle and more skin tones. Oh well.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Hi. First post here (can't start a new new thread?). I ran the Xbox One update last night (Feb 7th) and since then, whenever I launch the game and sign in, I can't progress beyond that screen by pressing A. It says welcome and there is literally nothing else I can do as it's just waiting for me to press A and play. No button works at all apart from the home button on the controller to exit the game. My daughter is going to be distraught when she goes to play tonite and can't get anywhere!

@spencerwhart1974, welcome to the forum. You may want to post your question in the console discussion section.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/console-discussion
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    I'm kinda disappointed that there are no extra pale skin tones. I am not talking about mid tone or what you imagine when I say pale, but actually pale. Even the lightest colour in the Sims isn't as light as my skin, and I don't like the reddish undertone, and the yellow undertone looks a bit weird. I'm glad that there are more dark colours, though I would have been happy with an actual neutral pale skin colour. I do really like the new hair!

Lighter skin tones would be quite nice, I agree. The lightest one currently is weirdly yellow. There's very pale skin from Vampires, but then again, it does give this vampire/gothic vibe anyway, at least for me.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member

Like how pale are we talking? I'm trying to wrap my mind around the color but I have no point of reference to defer from.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • nayruslove7nayruslove7 Posts: 108 Member
    Sihu wrote: »
    I'm also disappointed that they didn't add new really light skintones ;-; I feel like we are missing some and now I suppose we will never have more. It's still great for the new ones though! I wish we could see better which ones are new.

@Todiloo your Sim is really cool :) the hair is alright on him and with the hat it's even better.

Agreed! I need a pale skintone that is more on the cool side. The ones we have are really yellow toned.
  • ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    I'm glad we finally got more black skintones. The new hair reminds me of the curly store hair from TS2..

nouveaulicious_clothing_i_zpsxola6wv2.png~original
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited February 2018

Like how pale are we talking? I'm trying to wrap my mind around the color but I have no point of reference to defer from.

I know my pale skin has a more purple/blue look to it. The choices I see in the pale tones are too yellow or too red. The white vampire choice does is too light and does not show the blue/purple undertone well. Even the lightest make up foundations IRL are too yellow in tone. I know i am not the only one.
  • CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    edited February 2018
    Sounds like EA needs Rihanna on their team fenty-beauty1-1.jpg
    I’m glad they added some more skin tones tho. I have some CC skin but it’s trash when it comes to the genetics aspect (hasn’t been updated) Hopefully next patch they’ll add even more

Also, I’m glad that HappyDance was removed. I thought it was weird that Sims were excited to get their blood sucked :neutral:
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• nayruslove7nayruslove7 Posts: 108 Member

I know my pale skin has a more purple/blue look to it. The choices I see in the pale tones are too yellow or too red. The white vampire choice does is too light and does not show the blue/purple undertone well. Even the lightest make up foundations IRL are too yellow in tone. I know i am not the only one.

I’m a neutral/yellow undertone but very pale...most lightest foundations are either too dark or run very pink on my skin tone! Pale people have a hard time finding foundations too. I’m really glad they included more dark tones in this update. Hopefully they will add more very fair/pale shades in the future!
  • Miss_LestrangeMiss_Lestrange Posts: 21 Member

Incredibly pale, like, people wondering if you're albino, kind of pale. The lightest shade of fenty beauty still not being light enough. I really miss that shade for my Sims, my favourite sim is very pale like me so now I use downloaded skin colours for her, but I dislike how it looks slightly different from the ea skins. The vampire skin looks so weird and unrealistic and my skin has a more blueish underton than the normal sim ones. I mean I get there aren't that many people like me out there but I'd still like to see it included :)

And now we are talking about light skin tones any way, why the hell aren't there any nice blushes for any skin tones apart from the really dark ones? Whenever I put blush on my sims it looks like someone smacked them in the face! Maybe some peachy colours would be nice as they suit a lot of different colours
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Sihu wrote: »
    I'm also disappointed that they didn't add new really light skintones ;-; I feel like we are missing some and now I suppose we will never have more. It's still great for the new ones though! I wish we could see better which ones are new.

@Todiloo your Sim is really cool :) the hair is alright on him and with the hat it's even better.

Agreed! I need a pale skintone that is more on the cool side. The ones we have are really yellow toned.

I *love* the new skintones! But yes, we're short on cool pale skintones too. Still, I had felt these more needed. Now if I can just get one or two cool pale skintones but especially more cool tones in hair...
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    edited February 2018

Like Ed Sheeran kind of pale.
    1zbxuv6.jpg
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member

1zbxuv6.jpg

Ah, like the 'I never go outside at all' kind of Euro-pale found in countries that don't get much sunlight. I was wondering where that specific skintone was for my Celtic sim.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png

1zbxuv6.jpg

Ah, like the 'I never go outside at all' kind of Euro-pale found in countries that don't get much sunlight. I was wondering where that specific skintone was for my Celtic sim.

Yes, like, I never go outside and instead choose to stay in the basement and play sims kind of pale.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

1zbxuv6.jpg

Or like Irish kind of pale.

• ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I welcome free stuff so I'm all for this patch. It will be great to have more variety among my darker sims. As for the hair? There may need to a be a few eccentric, grumpy townies walking around now. I will also say that that hairstyle has some historic value, being classic pin curls.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member
    "And so it was that later
    As the miller told his tale
    That her face, at first just ghostly,
    Turned a whiter shade of pale"
    --Procol Harum

I wouldn't mind more on the lighter end either, I'm of the Ed Sheeran variety myself. ;D But these darker ones are lovely and create a lot more variation. Also seeing the hair put to use by simmers with more imagination than I have is making me want to try it out. And hey, free hair!
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Yep, I'm Irish heritage, a "winter", and in my avatar, although worsened by the lamplight in game, I look like my idea of an Asian with freckles. The tone does seem a little yellow for any race, really, but I would be interested to hear if Asians think it is accurate. The next tone is too dark, like a slightly sunburned version of me. :D

The salt and pepper dark brown hair is also too blondish to look like my hair. Oddly enough, I got my Yorkie looking a lot more like himself in game, than I got my Sim Self looking like me. I'd be over the moon if we ever got a color wheel for hair and skin, along with decals for hair like for the cats' and dogs' coats.
  • lukeahalukeaha Posts: 360 Member
    I just tried to update my Sims 4 game, but it couldn’t. This is the first time I experience this with my Sims 4. Am I the only one experiencing this with this update? :/
  • XwantonXwanton Posts: 85 Member
    The new dark skin tones are really nice, it's just a shame about them being blotchy. I'll definitely start using them once they're fixed.