Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Sims 4 Patch available

Comments

• Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Last pic, I promise, but how is this hairstyle not just adorably retro (or hipster, which sounds less adorable). I really don't think this is only for elders.

8mQ9KxX.jpg

Would she be interested in hooking up with my own retro Sim? He's from the 70's ;)
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Last pic, I promise, but how is this hairstyle not just adorably retro (or hipster, which sounds less adorable). I really don't think this is only for elders.

8mQ9KxX.jpg

Love it! <3

I'm glad they're adding in more retro styles. I get really tired of the repetitive modern fashions that all start to look alike. I think the devs have been really great lately about mixing up the designs.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    @paradiseplanet She just might, if he's groovy enough. :D
    @LiELF Yes! Loved your waitress idea, this hairstyle definitely helps making more unique sims.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    The new hair is adorable!! As someone with curly hair in RL I love it :)
  • Options
    Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    edited February 2018
    Edited: The new skin and hair added to the game look good and I have no complaints :smile: They will be used on a few of my sims definitely. And the new skin tones mesh with the custom warm and cool skin tones I'm using by Siminspring.
    Post edited by Winifred_Willow on
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2018
    Rhianna wears that style all the time. She had it at the Grammys just a week ago. She wasn't the only one either. Several singers had styles just like that.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    Personally, I have had more skins on the top of my sims 4 "wants" (see what I did there) for a long time, plus had the vegetarian and ghost bugs, so I am posting a big "Thank you EA!"
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    This hair is perfect for a diner waitress. I can almost hear the gum popping...

oR5hxK4.png

"What'll it be, hun?"
    Agreed! I think that may have been the idea they were going for... a kind of winding back in time. Maybe not, I don't know, but that hair does kind of grow on you.

I agree, definately grows on you! When i saw the first pic posted in this thread I was going to just comment "ew" but after seeing other pictures posted here it is growing on me a bit, and looks kinda cute on the right sim i suppose.
  • Options
    poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    That new hair omg. And new skintones? Yessss so ready.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    Not even one pale skin-tone has been added:(
    All of the 10 new skintones are dark-medium to dark.
    Oh well... that's what CC is for I guess.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    edited February 2018
    I wish they had put some sort of badge on the new skintones, so that I could tell the new from the old . That way when I oooh and ahhh , I make sure I'm not actually looking at an old one. But a few are so bold that I can tell they are new :)
  • Options
    AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    Vampires Issue
    Sims will no longer perform a dance routine before a vampire attempts to drink from them.
    -- Actual issue. Yep.

Say WHAT?! To think that's a Special Feature of the game!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
  • Options
    SihuSihu Posts: 73 Member
    edited February 2018
    I'm also disappointed that they didn't add new really light skintones ;-; I feel like we are missing some and now I suppose we will never have more. It's still great for the new ones though! I wish we could see better which ones are new.

@Todiloo your Sim is really cool :) the hair is alright on him and with the hat it's even better.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member

8mQ9KxX.jpg

No! More please! :p
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    @Todiloo He looks so good! You really and truly made it work.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    Sihu wrote: »
    I'm also disappointed that they didn't add new really light skintones ;-; I feel like we are missing some and now I suppose we will never have more. It's still great for the new ones though! I wish we could see better which ones are new.

@Todiloo your Sim is really cool :) the hair is alright on him and with the hat it's even better.

I hope they continue to add more skintones! :)@sihu Its so nice to see that feedback has brought about the new skintone update and makes me optimistic for new feature releases...
  • Options
    SihuSihu Posts: 73 Member
    @kaywilliams yes I hope too :3 you're right to be optimistic. I also love how they try to add things people ask for like this.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I like the hair and skin tones
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    BooDaBoo5BooDaBoo5 Posts: 253 Member
    Madachan88 wrote: »
    So new Skintones, a Hairstyle and a shirt. Plus some Bugfixes. Not Bad but still not some Valentines content. :/

Hm are the new skintones working with default skin cc? Has anyone tested it out?

I'd like to know this as well. I really don't want to update until I'm sure it will work!
  • Options
    It would be nice to get some 3d eyelashes in a patch. I prefer not to use cc... :)
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Todiloo wrote: »
    Okay, so I played around some more.. and then I started wondering if I could put the new hairstyle on a guy and "make it work", this was my result:

39224999715_14fa5943d9.jpg
    So yeah, I kinda like it. I think it will look great in gameplay.

But then something magically happened when I started throwing hats at the dude, and now I'm shook. I löööve it! Am I totally in the blue, or do you guys agree that this new hairstyle look amazing on a dude with a hat? I rarely use hats in game, now I wanna throw hats at all the hairstyles!
    39412207134_1a485e35e6_z.jpg

yes it does
    more for sim kids and more drama please