Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Sims 4 Patch available

Comments

• PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    edited February 2018
    Yeah, I also got red patches on some of the skintones. I wouldn't mind if it was intended for the patches to be there, but it doesn't look like those patches were intentional, so. Also wyd ya'll I think the hair is cute lol, I might lower the hairline if I was the one that made it but other than that.. Yay, more curly hair. :P And base game curly hair too, which I don't think we have a lot of, well not super curly anyway unless I'm mistaken..?
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • Goofhead2Goofhead2 Posts: 69 Member
    Now that I've seen it the hairstyle seems to really only work for elders. I can't make a flattering sim with it
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Someone post pics of new hair and skintones.

0GnoCJW.png

Zhb1wRs.png

I will personally send any sims I find walking by with that monstrosity to my torture chamber! :disappointed:

nhaVWe7.png

I wasn't joking...

It actually looks not too bad in the black, so another good option for my Sims of color.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    Honestly I thought for a 18 birthday celebration - the patch was a bit lame.
    I am glad they did fix a few things but still 1 new hair and a few skin colours is not special.
    A new aspiration, career or event or festival would have been nice
    EA ID burnished_dragon
    The only thing in this patch that I'm glad to see is that I won't get nightclub invites at 2 in the morning.The rest doesn't really interest me.

Since my Sim doesn't have a job, I kind of enjoyed the late night parties at the Bluffs. (Currywurst for breakfast, yum....)
  • Sonata13SingerSonata13Singer Posts: 183 Member

0GnoCJW.png

Zhb1wRs.png

The hairstyle looks really cute <3 . I was looking for one like that :) .
    3ZWheQM.gif
    Origin ID: Sonata13Singer

I also create music and art (search up Sona13Singer on google... but I haven't been uploading a lot recently)
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    This hair is perfect for a diner waitress. I can almost hear the gum popping...

oR5hxK4.png

"What'll it be, hun?"
    Agreed! I think that may have been the idea they were going for... a kind of winding back in time. Maybe not, I don't know, but that hair does kind of grow on you.

• FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    edited February 2018
    SO happy that the ghost bug seems fixed - though I hope that no longer appearing alive in family trees = also no more undead Sims.

Eta: Unfortunately, the ghost bug wasn't actually fixed. :expressionless: Dead Sims do stay dead in family trees even when culled, but in Manage Households they still appear as traitless, nameless, aspirationless "alive" Sims. EA, please, please fix this.
    Post edited by Firande on
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
    Faboosh wrote: »
    This is interesting! I never have been this mad about a hairstyle since that great clips experience I had when I was 12. It's 2018, the hairstyle is from 1977. Could they actually hire a stylist to help with clothing & hair? I'm glad some people like it. I personally think it's the ugliest thing they have ever put out in the 18 year history of the game! I cannot believe they missed the skintone glitch,did anyone even look at the black sims to see if they were okay? My guess is they did not

Some people might want this style for if they're trying to do an old-fashioned Sim, someone maybe stuck in the 50s or 60s. As some have mentioned it would be a good hairstyle for an elder -- use the hairstyle and put your elder female in that cat sweater from base game or maybe some of the outfits from Cats & Dogs and you're all set. My mom had her hair in a similar style when she was older (she passed in 2005) so I could totally see some of my elders in that hairstyle.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2018
    BUT WHY DO WE NEVER GET ANY NEW MALE STYLED HAIRSTYLES? I'M ANNOYED BY THIS SEXISM. BUT HAPPY ABOUT THE SKINTONES. I'M TORN.

Also not alot of bugs were fixed :\

With the gender neutral content any Sim can wear any style that suits them. Haven't gone into game yet but the new skin tones sound promising. Maybe I'll play around with CAS a bit. The new hairstyle does look nice for Elders; there really aren't many of the female hairstyles that look really "grandma-ish". Some of the ones where they're pulled back in a bun, perhaps.

So what? This hair is female oriented. We never get any male oriented ones for free that females can also wear.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Does anyone have a before and after shot of the skintones? I'd like to know which ones were added. When I got into CAS, I had no idea.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I would probably call the hairstyle retro. Not every hairstyle will look good on every sim. And it is so much better than the BG 'fro, I definitely had a lot of fun with it in CAS and I also like how others in this thread have matched the style. You can't just slap it on any sim, make it work!
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    I love the new skin tones! Now we just need new hair colors and I’ll be set
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    This hair is perfect for a diner waitress. I can almost hear the gum popping...

oR5hxK4.png

"What'll it be, hun?"
    Agreed! I think that may have been the idea they were going for... a kind of winding back in time. Maybe not, I don't know, but that hair does kind of grow on you.

You mean like a hipster hairdo?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    This is the new shirt, by the way. Nothing fancy, but my gamer girl Joy likes it.

gPpDuJH.jpg

Great for the cultists of the Holy Plumbob to wear!
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Great for the cultists of the Holy Plumbob to wear!

Great name for a club of gamers!
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Kim5496Kim5496 Posts: 1,261 Member

0GnoCJW.png

Zhb1wRs.png

Oh.....Ok. That's a hairdo alright. :# The only way I can see myself using it is for elder Sims. I'm super excited about the skin tones though. I always find myself using the same ones because I don't like how a lot of them have such a redish undertone to them.

• TodilooTodiloo Posts: 110 Member
    This is so cool! Just the other day I wished for more skin tones and today there's a new patch with it <3 And wow @Netzspannung your modern looking woman in the new hair really inspired me, first I thought I would just use it for elders but looking at your gorgeous sim I want it on young women as well. I'm downloading the patch right now :D
    Gallery ID: cykelnHH -mostly making realistic horseys
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    :) Its so weird how differently people look at things. I loaded my game and I absolutely love the new skintones, they are beautiful <3 Very grateful for them. It wont matter to people who don't care about diversity of skin tone. But I love it.

The patchy redness was on like a single one, of the new dark skintones. I love them overall. That's why its good to check things out for ourselves, because negative comments can lead you to think something is wrong with a feature that you might personally love. There is a new dark reddish one that I just know I'm gonna use a LOT o:)<3
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I’m disappointed that more bugs were not fixed if I’m honest.