Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Walking (bouncy style) down the memory lane …

EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
Sul Sul Simmers,

The Sims is 18 - HAPPY ANNIVERSARY- and we have plenty of stuff going on, find out what here!

rbmf6q4xzpve.png

We thought we would get in on the celebration here on the forums as well and what better way to celebrate than to remind ourselves what has been or what can be?

To do so, here are two little challenges for you all - take part and you may find yourself receiving a little prize :smiley:

Challenge 1:
In any The Sims game head to one of the biggest lots and build a humongous birthday cake - in The Sims style (Plumbobs EVERYWHERE)!

OR

Challenge 2:
Take any pre-created character from The Sims franchise and remake them in your current game.
How about recreating Olive Specter in The Sims 4 or Catarina Lynx in The Sims 2?

For both challenges – please, no custom content, but any game and pack combo is welcome!

Upload your creation to the gallery with a tag - #TheSims18 or if you are not doing the challenges with The Sims 4, share them here on the forums with the same hashtag :smiley:

The details and ….wait did you say prize? What prize?
  • We will give out 1 The Sims 2 Ultimate code every day and a grand prize The Sims Threadless Store Bundle at the end of the week!
  • The challenges will run from 02/04/2018 – 02/09/2018 and only submissions in this timeframe are considered for the prize.
  • Winners are selected randomly from the pool of submissions.
  • Surprise prizes will be given/sent out by 02/23/2018.
  • Added Q&A here!

Happy Anniversary!

Daily winners:

Prize nr. 1: duhboy2u2 with the lovely Morgana Wolff
Prize nr. 2: Twinsmama for the lovely recreation of The Pleasant family!
Prize nr. 3: aussiekarima for the sinister looking Unsavory Charlatan
Prize nr. 4: SammyJay1124 for the wonderful recreation of The Valentino family!
Prize nr. 5: cmbaker16 with Castor Nova and Tiffany Sampson form Sim State University.

Grand Prize Winner!

bhtscu0gcvp5.png

@meerkattime for the great submission of a birthday cake!

<3<3<3<3<3<3

Congratulations to all the winners and thank you all for being amazing!
Post edited by EA_Mage on

Comments

• paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Oh boy, I might really get into this one! Happy 18th Sims anniversary everyone, and good luck in the challenges!
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited February 2018
    can you enter a new sim every day
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    I entered to I hope I get the sims 2 I really want it I made olive specter
    how will we know if we won
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    I made Agnes Crumplebottom from The Sims 2!
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • BabyAxhelBabyAxhel Posts: 18 Member
    I'm definitely taking part in this
  • CelesteDreamer21CelesteDreamer21 Posts: 41 Member
    Love this, I like the challenges
    who won the sims 2 code from yesterday ?
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Oh, oh, I just had an idea! Hope no one else already thought of it!
    image.png
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Oh, oh, I just had an idea! Hope no one else already thought of it!

Sorry. Way ahead of you >:)
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    Howdy all!

Sorry for the late reply...someone lost track of time in the celebrations :smiley:

Firstly, our first winner of The Sims 2 Ultimate is duhboy2u2 for the lovely re-creation of Morgana Wolff - CONGRATULATIONS!

As for the questions:
    • Winners will be announced here in the thread and codes will be sent via PM here on forums.
    • You can enter once for each challenge (so twice :wink:) - only the winning submissions are removed from the pool of potential winners for the daily giveaway (all submissions enter the final giveaway).

Happy Anniversary!
  • wavveswavves Posts: 10,730 Member
    edited February 2018
    oh i'm so excited for this!! i've been dying to get my hands on the sims 2 ultimate collection code! <3

edit: added my creation to the gallery. was a super nostalgic throwback to create!
    Post edited by wavves on
    3x1Bhmq.gif
    origin ID: wavvys
  • SweetAshGamerSweetAshGamer Posts: 67 Member
    I just submitted both of mine!! Super excited about it! ID is SweetAshGamer
  • LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    edited February 2018
    Jamie Jolina shes from the base game in sunset valley, tho i don't have a picture of each outfit i tried recreating every outfit she had
    screenshot_2_by_starsharmony-dc2aicr.jpg
    02_05_18_6_44_22pm_by_starsharmony-dc2aicf.png

i already have the sims 2 but if i won i would give a code to my friend ^^ she doesn't have the game
    Post edited by LadyTachunka on
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    Submited mine! The Pleasant Family!
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    edited February 2018
    Tom Wordy
    latest?cb=20131123131615
    8uAVBBQ.png
    This is Tom Wordy from The Sims 3 Late Night. I just submitted mine!
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    edited February 2018
    Submitted mine. Chocolate Mint Cake. I think the overhead view looks better as you can see the 18 on top in lights and hedges. Don't know why it didn't show up in the Gallery images.
    ID: TresaofPern

image.png
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I didn't use any CC, but for some reason the gallery still tagged it as CC used. :( But I did the Hatfields. They are one of my favorite families from the Sims! My Origin ID: GoldenBuffy22.

7GHRcVG.png

I also did a Sims 3 version back in 201: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5106019
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    0NxFRwJ.png
    I made an epic Rainbow Cake with colorful plumbobs. I just got the gnome on the white spot as a start spot with different levels with colors here's the list what I was remembering

(Green Plumbob) World 18-1 - Green Grass Town (A grassland/town-themed level that resembles Pleasentview and Riverview)
    (World Adventures Plumbob) World 18-2 - Golden Desert (A large-desert level that takes inspirations of Al Simhara, Egypt)
    (Island Paradise Plumbob) World 18-3 Wavy Isle (A water surrounded beach-covered island level that inspired by Twikkii Island and Isla Paradiso)
    (Supernatural Plumbob) World 18-4 Magic Forest (A forest-themed level with witches and fairies and resembled Magic Town and Moonlight Falls)
    (Seasons Plumbob) World 18-5 Shiny Snowland (An ice-themed level that takes place during the night resembling Veronaville and Aurora Skies)
    (Pets Plumbob) World 18-6 Coyote Canyon (A mountainous level with several coyotes and inspired by Three Lakes and Lucky Palms)
    (Generations Plumbob) World 18-7 Floating Toy Skyworld (A sky level with several toys with no inspirations and resembles to other worlds)
    (Late Night Plumbob) World 18-8 Fiery City (A city level that becomes a lava-themed with falling meteors and resembles Bridgeport)

These might look more than Mario games :D
  • DeandylanDeandylan Posts: 496 Member
    I did one. but I don't know how to post it here... :/:'(
    Is there anywhere else I can post it?