Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favourite Screenshot (or Tell Your Tales) - TSM Edition

Comments

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I think the Quest text was actually "flesh trade", but the way he said it heavily implied he was - how can I say this in T-rated terms? - in the profession of sharing his affections. :D The prompt that brought it up was, after training him with the practice dummy. Valeria asked where he had learned his peculiar fighting style. Incidentally, to earn the armor from the quest, one needs to a.) teach Steeled Defense stance and b.) actually challenge the guild leader to a duel to the death.

(And yes - I tried to type perfectly conventional phrases, and had words replaced with "plum". So I linked to my intended (innocent) usage on a dictionary website with asterisks *.)
  • AuzzPandaAuzzPanda Posts: 1,235 Member
    OOOOH see now it makes sense ;) mmhm hahahaha. TSM has a lot of hidden messages like that. I remember one that went like: ''Wow, look at the size of those-- jugs of fertility wine''

Ooh okay. Yeah darn these T rated things lol
    23rif7.gif
    Not a story - just an interior. In this case, because I suddenly realized that just because my throne room started with the scribe's desk and strategy table in the east room did not mean I had to keep them there. Now they are right out in the audience hall.

YNvDj4i.jpg

The chest by the desk is there so I can fix awful NPC outfits on the fly - but in my head, it's the money box for payments to or from the chancery. I waffle between red, purple or blue as my "royal" color. In this iteration of Kingland, it's blue. :)
  • AuzzPandaAuzzPanda Posts: 1,235 Member
    Agh absoLUTELY stunning. WOW
    23rif7.gif
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    edited July 2017
    I like all the beautiful screenshots. One of the funny characters in Sims Medieval is definately the doctor. This is how he/she diagnose sims. :blush:
    8Go4vHx.jpg

"We" married the genie, and he had a baby.
    nIQKAXY.jpg

This is his daughter.
    tP7Hf8b.jpg
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Love your audience hall, @Sindocat!

@Simsister2014 Loving that first screenshot with your doctor. ROFL Classic sims medieval hilarity. I'm really curious what the Genie's daughter will look like once she grows up.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
    edited July 2017
    Sweet thought, I know what you're saying. BUT - and this is a big BUT. Her mother is the magician who brought the genie back to normal life, and now he is living so happily with his tiny family. In the Sims Medieval you can only let the kids grow up if the hero parent dies. this would mean killing my magician. I don't think so. :wink:
    In what other game can you have a pregnant knight in shining armor? :smiley:
    PGALI7V.jpg
    My Wizard for "Best in Show", Master Barnabus, high in his tower sanctum, where he practices Jacoban High Magic.

Q1XMP1n.jpg

My best shot at an historically accurate Medieval wizard. ;)
    edited November 2017
    Are we already up to eleven? We are! Simrey X was the Kingland monarch who completed "Best in Show" for me. So, just to do something a bit different (because face it, once one has done a few Ambitions, the game can get very same-y over time) I decided to try a new look for my king for the current Ambition, "Fame". As this focuses on Reputation gain, I am also taking a stab at "A Handful of Heroes" Achievement, and doing as much as I can with just my Monarch, a Blacksmith for better gear, a Peteran Priest to be the cultural cornerstone of the Realm, and a Spy, to be my king's enforcer... and power behind the throne.

With so much riding on the Monarch, I took a gamble and invested in different traits than I usually do, with the concept of playing Simrey XI as "the Boy King" - still a bit naive, eager and impulsive. Traits are Excitable and Adventurous, Fatal Flaw is Compulsive Gambler. I created a new Sim, trying for youthful and a bit doe-eyed. I think Simrey X married late, and chose his bride for looks. Simrey XI takes after her. Also, the royal color for this Ambition is... *drumroll* ...Purple! :D

nILugBy.jpg

I usually go with blue or red, and this is definitely... different for me. But it has done a good job of giving play in Kingland a fresh feel. Also, purple goes really, really well with gold. The Lion of Kingland never looked so proud. Here's Simrey XI's throne room. Wowza!

ifMxByI.jpg

Adventurous is an excuse for extra jaunts in the Forest and on the seas, in hopes of racking up a little extra Renown from encounters. That hasn't really paid off yet, except in Focus. What has been surprisingly nice is Compulsive Gambler – Simrey X has been getting a lot more use out of the game table in the west alcove than I ever have before. (Yes, Peteran clergy can gamble. I am the Watcher, and I say so. Also, Abbot Jevon is a hoot!)

wXq19yD.jpg

But as playful and fun-loving as the young king may be, make no mistake – he is a Medieval king, that is to say entirely ready and able to fight to defend the people of Kingland, as the Smithmaster of Crafthole is about to find out!

OxbhDk0.jpg

Since I am keeping Kingland minimally staffed with Heroes, there is no Knight-Captain to command the guard. Instead, Simrey XI relies on contracting with the finest mercenary adventurers of Ardvorton, not merely to school him in swordsmanship, but to help maintain order. Simrey XI loves tales of foreign lands and high adventure, and the condottiere Rolando is dashing and dangerous, and knows just how to inspire the the young king.

fbSRNAk.jpg

I think Advisor Viola is about to get majorly side-lined, but kings will have their Favorite. Which is why king's favorites tended to meet with expertly arranged accidents. But where in happy Kingland would one find such a devious and ruthless assassin? Oh, wait. ;) Enter the plot-complication...

D32AkTw.jpg

My favourite screenshot from the last couple of days.
    XsIeVFH.jpg
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    Well, I just reinstalled - I got nostalgic browsing this part of the forums - so I guess I'll be sharing some screens/stories soon :)
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Nita90Nita90 Posts: 17 Member
    Hello everyone! :) I am so glad to have found this forum with active topics on the Sims Medieval, which is my favourite Sims game. I have always been fond of its atmosphere - kings, queens, knights, medieval fantasy world...
    It is great to see all these beautiful - and sometimes hilarious - screenshots you are posting, I can't wait to see more! :smiley:
    Actually I got so inspired by the game that I wrote a sims story/tale too, composed of 31 chapters altogether and containing 1000+ sims medieval images as illustration :blush: I would love to share it with you, but it's written in my native language, and it would take a lot of effort and time to translate into English, so I have to think it over. If I did make the translation, would anyone be interested in reading it? Anyway, I'd be glad to share at least a few images, some fragments and the synopsis of the story. (As for pictures, I am too fresh here to be able to post them directly and I am uncertain if it is against the rules to share images via external links. I've read the forum rules, probably I did not pay enough attention, but I could not find any specific restrictions, but I do believe it would be safer to wait until I become a full member, though.)
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    Please do share :) Even if we'll have to wait for a bit for you to become a full member.
    Just out of curiosity, what is your native language?

And then I have some pictures. I actually completed an entire kingdom aspiration without taking many screenshots. Like, I only have the princess playing with the bard's kid's toys:
    tumblr_p3p3q75JNe1v8k7elo1_1280.jpg
    And Grimmy taking care of that lying relative of my knight:
    tumblr_p3p3q75JNe1v8k7elo2_1280.jpg

But I started another kingdom, inspired on the Sims of Windenburg. Dominic Fyres is my monarch ;)
    tumblr_p3p3q75JNe1v8k7elo3_1280.jpg
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
    Thank you, MDianaSanders :) My native language is Hungarian. Hopefully I will be able to share things soon, thank you for your interest and patience.
    Oh, the little princess is so cute! :) She would grow up to be a beautiful queen.
    I love the idea of "medievalizing" characters from other Sims games. Do you already have other Windenburg-based heroes in this kingdom? Hopefully you'll have the chance to make more screenshots in this kingdom. Is it the second kingdom ambition you are completing now?
    I must admit that I grew so attached to my first kingdom crew that I cheated to gain some extra QPs in order to complete every possible ambition in the original kingdom - getting a fully built, famous kingdom with maximum well-being, security, knowledge and culture, all the nearby territories conquered, all the heroes reaching level 10 and each of them having lots of money and a legendary trait. I did make an attempt to start a new kingdom with new heroes, but I abandoned it after completing 2-3 quests because I missed my old heroes and kingdom too much.
    I want to add a couple of screenshots from the last days. The first one is my Peteran priest saying a little prayer to make his quest succeed.
    mKb28ly.jpg

And the second one is my doctor, talking through the teddybear to his stepson. (Always makes relationships progress positively) :wink:
    irNnas9.jpg
    Celebrating my full membership, I am bringing you the synopsis of the TSM story I wrote and some screenshots. I hope you will like it. :) (I apologize for the mistakes, I was trying my best, but English is not my mother tongue and I do not have a beta reader.)

---
    Silver Chronicles

Ancient chronicles: the pages have faded and turned yellow, but the stories they tell remain untouched by time, they are still as colourful as they used to be when they were lived. They tell the tales of an old kingdom, Merania*, the most remarkable of which is probably the reign of its first queen Isabella I, who opened a brand new chapter in the history of the kingdom when she ascended the throne. The young queen gets a rather ambigious reception as the people doubt her skills, and her stepmother, who wanted the crown for her own daughter, seeks to make Isabella’s life as miserable as possible.
    When a foreign king lays eyes on Merania in his ambition to build a great empire and reminds Isabella of an old agreement, it seems Merania will need to enter into a war again after a century of peace. The queen does her best to avoid it, knowing that her kingdom hardly has any chance of victory, but the situation is getting worse. Only a miracle could help, or everything is lost. Will a hero rise and bring the legendary invincible sword that can turn chances, or is Merania destined to fail? Is there anything that the noble-hearted but not noble-born knight, the clumsy blacksmith apprentice or the eccentric bard girl can do to save the day? Open and read the Silver Chronicles to learn!

TqAGLnF.jpg
    Oj0IqbA.jpg
    gbt50uC.jpg
    vIXSoNR.jpg
    8fp45GK.jpg
    pUg7Flk.jpg
    l4Y1LVu.jpg
    oB0tzBH.jpg
    LMNu0PQ.jpg
    mkeWENP.jpg
    Ybf5k0r.jpg
    tj5pPq9.jpg
    P0UsNwS.jpg
    XGTCdrv.jpg

* When I made up the story, I was unaware that Merania is in fact an existing territory... shame on me. :D

Wowww, nice pictures and a good story. Thanks. I just wonder about the pic where the yacobian priest is placing the crown on the woman. Is this a quest or how did you do that?
    Thank you, I am glad you like them :) Actually, the coronation picture is a bit "tricky", it was made with the help of two friends of mine. One of them discovered how Sims Medieval animation files can be replaced by Sims 3 poses (which are created for pose player). The trick worked like magic, except that long skirts got distorted because of an issue with the bone adjustment - my other friend found to how to delete that bone so now every pose is compatible with every dress. All I had to do is apply the knowledge in practice.
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    Not really making up a story, I guess, but thought I'd share my game photos. I've been playing...you guessed it...Sims Medieval. I've played it a little in the past but saw someone else playing it and it just seemed like so much fun. Plus it loads fast. lol

Beautiful morning in the village.

26076562267_1a802ba01a_c.jpg

Doesn't this doc seem like he's got something up his sleeve? lol

40907300062_bd55164805_c.jpg

Oi...this is a beast alright.

27078175178_4e6f80e232_c.jpg

Um...I think you may have slipped. Perhaps not getting close to the edge would be a good idea in the future.

26076564367_a0fb3e7fdf_c.jpg

Yep...saw this coming.

26076563287_e5115dca90_c.jpg

Please just eat her. This is painful to watch.

40907300362_fd2ba66f8c_c.jpg

He did have something up his sleeve...leeches. Excellent. ;)

26076561647_f82acf092a_c.jpg

Yikes! Gotta love the good olde days. ;)

27078172818_0a64eccd5e_c.jpg
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    Getting back into playing TSM right now. Here's my new Monarch!
    tumblr_p7rl93jNLx1vorh5do2_1280.jpg

tumblr_p7rl93jNLx1vorh5do3_1280.jpg

I've always really enjoyed this game. The older sim titles have a lot of 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and quirky craziness about them that is really fun. I wish I could play Castaway on pc, that would be a treat to revisit, too.
    Yes, definately. Castaway on PC, pretty please!
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    I just installed The Sims Medieval on my computer and decided to recreate Jared Frio from Sunset Valley (Sims 3) as my Knight.

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Jared_Frio
    For those unfamiliar with him, here he is in his Sims 3 incarnation, with different facial hair
    ydu0IsX.jpg

And my TSM recreation of him.
    GiMhuRO.jpg
    x4Eym8L.jpg

My favorite role in all of Sims Medieval... lol The Spy!
    tumblr_p7rn2kpmIO1vorh5do5_1280.jpg

tumblr_p7rn2kpmIO1vorh5do4_1280.jpg

tumblr_p7rn2kpmIO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg

She's such a savage! lol
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    edited January 2019
    A sim from Sims 3 inspired me to make a version of herself as a queen. It is a nice way to rediscover Sims medieval and give it a second shot. ;)

She's Catherine, the evil ruler of Grisby Lands.

DeXVrTH.jpg

7qsdJA2.jpg

gg5voJ9.jpg

Ovllw60.jpg
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top