Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♥ SANDRAELLE'S SHOWCASE ♥

Comments

• SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    @Sandraelle, Moroccan Riad is absolutely stunning! I Love everything about this awesomely exotic build. The colors, textures and decor are gorgeous, as is the beautiful landscaping. So Beautiful! :smile:

@WrathofCath , thanks so much Cath. I appreciate you stopping by and commenting. Always great to see you. :)
    edited February 2018
    SHEARWATER REMODEL, 2/04/18
    40 x 30 residential lot
    Remodeled 120 Wright Way in Sunset Valley

DOWNLOAD
    ~ NO STORE ITEMS USED IN THIS BUILD ~
    PICTURE ALBUM

Soooo......I was roaming around in Sunset Valley looking for a blank lot and happened to open the Shearwater lot and thought to myself....hmmm, this house needs a makeover with a different style. So that's what I did. It's now a sleek and modern house done in blacks and whites. (Oh, I also decided to not use any Store items, boy was that hard, lol.)

The footprint is the same, however I expanded the second floor side walls and reconfigured both upper and lower floor plan layouts. There's now a fireplace in LR and a half bath on the main floor and the kitchen was relocated (the former kitchen had a funky looking layout, ugh!). Upstairs has an extra bedroom and bath plus a bonus area with a desk and treadmill.

The original lot only had a parking space, so I added a 2-car garage on the other side of the lot and put in a pool down below underneath the decking with stairs accessing the lower lot. There's also some lounge chairs and a ping pong table near the pool so sims can now enjoy more of this lot.

FwO3R3P.jpg

BzerZyN.jpg

wos8Aus.jpg

53vmLMF.jpg
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    Lol how funny, I was just thinking of making over this house too! Love everything you did but especially that exterior stair <3
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Your makeover of Shearwater looks so very stylishly nice! :) The Modern style of the build looks great! Very nice black and white colour scheme of the build! It looks so very sleek and effective! It looks very nice how the outdoors stairs have been designed! The white colour and the texture used for the exterior walls looks very nice. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! It has a very nice light filled, stylish and modern furnished feel . The black wall tiling and marble countertops in the kitchen looks very nice!
    It is a very nice modern stylish makeover of the home! :)
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    WOW! Total transformation! <3 You've really improved the layout, there was so much wasted space in it before. Much cleaner look and I think it fits more with SV now. The other style reminded me more of RV.
    Lol how funny, I was just thinking of making over this house too! Love everything you did but especially that exterior stair <3

@creativemetaphor , Oh how funny! I would love to see what you come up with for that lot. :) yeah I figured I'd put the stairs going down the cliff and use some of that wasted lot space, lol
    rosemow wrote: »
    Your makeover of Shearwater looks so very stylishly nice! :) The Modern style of the build looks great! Very nice black and white colour scheme of the build! It looks so very sleek and effective! It looks very nice how the outdoors stairs have been designed! The white colour and the texture used for the exterior walls looks very nice. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! It has a very nice light filled, stylish and modern furnished feel . The black wall tiling and marble countertops in the kitchen looks very nice!
    It is a very nice modern stylish makeover of the home! :)

@rosemow, thanks so much, I'm glad you liked it. :)
    edited February 2018
    romagi1 wrote: »
    WOW! Total transformation! <3 You've really improved the layout, there was so much wasted space in it before. Much cleaner look and I think it fits more with SV now. The other style reminded me more of RV.

@romagi1 , thanks Rox! Yeah the exterior style just didn't seem to fit there with palm trees and the ocean view. And when I saw the layout and the decor, I thought eww yuck, this house needs a renovation! Lol
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member

Looks fantastic Sandy. What a wonderful makeover. You do such a great job with décor. Off to rec :smiley:
  • MorakaiMorakai Posts: 3,806 Member
    I have to admit that I actually love this transformation. Not the biggest fan of modern/contemporary, but can't deny that this is pure genius. The added light, the opening up of the space while having greater efficiency, and the new landscaping and architectural features of the house make it pop! I love the monochromatic color choices, making the textures pop, and the ability of the new owners to add their own pops of color. True designer touches! Thank you for sharing that with us!

And yes, I think that would be great to have in my game! Think it would work in Lucky Palms? ;)
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    Looks fantastic Sandy. What a wonderful makeover. You do such a great job with décor. Off to rec :smiley:

@soocoolsim , Thank you so much Paula! :)
    Morakai wrote: »
    I have to admit that I actually love this transformation. Not the biggest fan of modern/contemporary, but can't deny that this is pure genius. The added light, the opening up of the space while having greater efficiency, and the new landscaping and architectural features of the house make it pop! I love the monochromatic color choices, making the textures pop, and the ability of the new owners to add their own pops of color. True designer touches! Thank you for sharing that with us!

And yes, I think that would be great to have in my game! Think it would work in Lucky Palms? ;)

Thanks @Morakai ! And you're welcome. I think it would go well in LP but maybe with a different texture for the stone parts, however, the lot terrain would probably come out funky, lol.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    I have been away a little while and have come back to see all these wonderful creations by all of you Morroccan Riad is absolutely stunning I have spent ages perusing the pictures and of course first it is going straight into egypt :) and what you managed to do with Shearwater there are no words lol Not having been into my half remodelled Sunset Valley world for a while this beautiful remake will be a welcome replacement for the ugliness that is the original concept both downloaded and rec :)
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    I have been away a little while and have come back to see all these wonderful creations by all of you Morroccan Riad is absolutely stunning I have spent ages perusing the pictures and of course first it is going straight into egypt :) and what you managed to do with Shearwater there are no words lol Not having been into my half remodelled Sunset Valley world for a while this beautiful remake will be a welcome replacement for the ugliness that is the original concept both downloaded and rec :)

@SPARKY1922 , so glad to see you are back and I appreciate you visiting and for your nice comments. I'm glad you'll be able to use both of those recent builds of mine. Have fun! Thanks again!
    edited March 2018
    Happy Hideaway, 2/22/18
    30 x 20 residential lot
    Built in Hidden Springs

DOWNLOAD

PICTURES

Nestled in the mountains of Hidden Springs amongst the tall fir trees sits a small cozy (but spacious) two-story log cabin with 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, two fireplaces, a loft and a laundry area. The property isn't huge but has plenty of trees, a small fishing pond, and space to entertain - a large porch with a grill and outdoor dining, a fire pit and a horseshoe court. The main floor has a good-sized living room for entertaining family and friends and is open to the kitchen and dining nook. The laundry room has a door out to the back of the property where a clothesline is conveniently located. The guest bedroom and bath is located on the main floor, while the master bedroom with private bath sits on the 2nd floor. Just off that bedroom is a cozy reading loft with a desk and a 2nd fireplace. The best feature of the home is the excellent views from the 2nd floor through the expansive window wall.

(I created this cabin for @aricarai 's contest and uploaded it at the end of December, but forgot to add it to this thread. For the contest, we had a budget of only $32,840.) :)

yeAbdKW.jpg

6VFD4Q3.jpg

gC8yRUt.jpg

SQPHmJG.jpg

Post edited by Sandraelle on
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Happy Hideaway looks a very nice warming cabin home! :) Very nice exterior design of the home! The wall textures, roofing and the type and placement of the windows looks very nice . It is great that it is a double storey home. The furnishing of the interior is very nice and gives a special warmth feel to the home. The study desk and reading nooks look nice overlooking the ground floor. Very nice design of the kitchen! The wall texture looks great and the green plants are a nice touch on them. The cookie jar, wall utensils , row of jars and cookbooks are homely touches, and the texture of the cabinets and counters suits the home type well.. Very nice corner nook dining area! Sims will enjoy eating meals with sunlight coming in through the window. The black and white patterning of the curtains and seating through the home looks very nice. The home sweet home picture is a nice touch on the staircase wall.
    It is a very nice cabin home! :)
  • CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    Happy Hideaway is adorable, Ms Sandy. Love the pops of black and red with the deep wood. So cozy and warm. ♥♥
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member

Happy Hideaway is a lovely cabin Sandy. And so large. Your certainly got a lot in for the budget. Everything is so warm and homey. Well done. Rec'd and downloaded before :smiley:
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
    @Sandraelle I'm in love with this cabin, it's so beautiful dear! The detail is extraordinaire! <3
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Fabulous work with the Shearwater Remodel @Sandraelle! I Love the lighter and brighter modern look. Awesome work with the design layout on both floors too!

Love the rustic comfort of Happy Hideaway! The rich deep hues are perfect for a cozy cabin in the woods. The little study nook in the loft is my most favorite spot. Those views! Awesome work, Sandra :blush:
    rosemow wrote: »
    Happy Hideaway looks a very nice warming cabin home! :) Very nice exterior design of the home! The wall textures, roofing and the type and placement of the windows looks very nice . It is great that it is a double storey home. The furnishing of the interior is very nice and gives a special warmth feel to the home. The study desk and reading nooks look nice overlooking the ground floor. Very nice design of the kitchen! The wall texture looks great and the green plants are a nice touch on them. The cookie jar, wall utensils , row of jars and cookbooks are homely touches, and the texture of the cabinets and counters suits the home type well.. Very nice corner nook dining area! Sims will enjoy eating meals with sunlight coming in through the window. The black and white patterning of the curtains and seating through the home looks very nice. The home sweet home picture is a nice touch on the staircase wall.
    It is a very nice cabin home! :)

Thank you Rose. I always love hearing your comments. Thanks for always supporting all of us. :)<3
    Cassee wrote: »
    Happy Hideaway is adorable, Ms Sandy. Love the pops of black and red with the deep wood. So cozy and warm. ♥♥

@Cassee, thank you Cassee. I was going for the cozy feeling so I'm glad you thought so. :)
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    Happy Hideaway is a lovely cabin Sandy. And so large. Your certainly got a lot in for the budget. Everything is so warm and homey. Well done. Rec'd and downloaded before :smiley:

@soocoolsim , thank you Paula. I was hoping to make it feel larger with that loft area and all those windows. And thank you for the recs and DL. :)
    BreeMiles wrote: »
    @Sandraelle I'm in love with this cabin, it's so beautiful dear! The detail is extraordinaire! <3

@BreeMiles , thank you sweet Bree! I appreciate you stopping by. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top