Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vomit Everywhere

RoyalTeacupRoyalTeacup Posts: 114 Member
Guys I'm playing a vet sim and his clinic is practically covered in vomit. Indoors, in the outdoor pen, outside of the outdoor pen. T_T And the roomba is a useless robotic creature that just passes over everything and returns to its dock. My sim, her new hire and Miko Ojo (she just popped up and started cleaning, but I ain't complaining!) have been cleaning for hours. When will the floors be clean? When will my sims be able to frolic in green vomit-less grass? When?! T___T

This isn't a complaint really but I would appreciate suggestions to avoid this. :smiley:

D1OcEpB.png

Comments

• AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    edited February 2018
    Get the best roomba there is and upgrade it adding all of it's upgrades. Keep in mind the dock has it's own upgrades also.
    If you have employees I usually have one of them clean and do nothing else. And treat the pet vomiting as quickly as possible.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    I keep two Roombas in my clinic, plus one employee who exclusively cleans. It seems to stay pretty clean. I also control the number of patients during the day by using the check-in vestibule and selecting not to accept new patients when all vets are busy. That way, the clinic doesn't get overwhelmed with sick pets.

Also, remember to empty the Roombas at the end of the day or they will break down.
    #Team Occult
  • RoyalTeacupRoyalTeacup Posts: 114 Member
    Andiratyme wrote: »
    Get the best roomba there is and upgrade it adding all of it's upgrades. Keep in mind the dock has it's own upgrades also.
    If you have employees I usually have one of them clean and do nothing else. And treat the pet vomiting as quickly as possible.
    LiELF wrote: »
    I keep two Roombas in my clinic, plus one employee who exclusively cleans. It seems to stay pretty clean. I also control the number of patients during the day by using the check-in vestibule and selecting not to accept new patients when all vets are busy. That way, the clinic doesn't get overwhelmed with sick pets.

Also, remember to empty the Roombas at the end of the day or they will break down.

Thanks for the advice! The employee I hired stopped working after the first day (like most sims you hire), but I will definitely update that roomba! (I'll probably use a family member to clean.)
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I only had a basic roomba and as far as I recall it cleaned puke. It was on a residential lot though, assuming the vet clinic is a community lot?

I'd simply delete the roomba, replace it with a new.

Did you use lot traits? Could the filthy lot trait affect this?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    No, I don't have that lot trait, and yes the clinic is on a community lot (retail). At the moment, I'm updating the roombas (I have two now) and they're not as terrible as before. :)
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Could that be from pregnant pets? I seem to remember having a cat that kept vomiting all over and when I went into CAS, I found out she was pregnant.
  • ForEmaleighForEmaleigh Posts: 33 Member
    I only pop into my clinic now and then because of this. I will admit, using the sign in computer to disallow new patients helps. I have 2 other Vets besides myself and I let about 4 patients get into the building, set "disallow" (if any sim was already in the process of getting to the lot they will still sign in regardless of what you choose) and between the 3 of us and 2 cleaning robots we keep it decent. I still get angry customers who "don't like how this place looks" though. I just stopped using it as a daily job, got a 9-5 and let the clinic stay open lol. I usually bank about $16,000, close it, visit to get my stars back up and then repeat.
    The amt. of vomit and puddles MUST be a bug. Its insane the amt. these animals produce.
    JimG72 wrote: »
    Could that be from pregnant pets? I seem to remember having a cat that kept vomiting all over and when I went into CAS, I found out she was pregnant.

I don't think so. None of my patients were pregnant and neither was my pet that I brought along occasionally.
    I only pop into my clinic now and then because of this. I will admit, using the sign in computer to disallow new patients helps. I have 2 other Vets besides myself and I let about 4 patients get into the building, set "disallow" (if any sim was already in the process of getting to the lot they will still sign in regardless of what you choose) and between the 3 of us and 2 cleaning robots we keep it decent. I still get angry customers who "don't like how this place looks" though. I just stopped using it as a daily job, got a 9-5 and let the clinic stay open lol. I usually bank about $16,000, close it, visit to get my stars back up and then repeat.
    The amt. of vomit and puddles MUST be a bug. Its insane the amt. these animals produce.

I hope the glitch gets fixed then. D: Also interesting tactic, I think I might try it. Thanks! :smile: