Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Return of mermaids.

I'm a huge fan of both H20: Just Add Water and H20: Mako Mermaids when the Sims 3 added mermaids I was so happy and couldn't contain myself. I'd love to see the return of mermaids in either the Sims 4 or 5. Would you like to see the return of mermaids?

Mermaid Weaknesses: Dehydration, Ambergris, and Sonar.

Powers & Abilities: Shapeshifting, Agelessness, water manipulation, siren song, weather manipulation, telepathy and Fish/cetacean Physiology.

Alignment: Neutral, good or bad.

Information on mermaids: http://unnaturalworld.wikia.com/wiki/Merfolk

o5jNANX.gif

Comments

• ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    All i can think of when i hear mermaid is the islanders who would woohoo dewgongs lmao

If they flesh them out like vampires there should be different kinds of mermaids. Like some can be the beautiful ones we think of, or others that look more like water sprites than half human, and others could be like horrifying wrinkled things with fangs. Like sea vampires lmao
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • VengefulNoodlesVengefulNoodles Posts: 128 Member
    @somethingstellar

Something kinda like these.

image7.jpg

mermaid-face-sci-fi-736x290.jpg

the-little-mermaid2.jpg

285e41cf4ac832c4363bcc7ee7ba86f1--siren-mermaid-dark-mermaid.jpg
    o5jNANX.gif
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    If they got the Vampires GP treatment, I'd love to have them. I have a mermaid in TS3, and he's pretty fun to play as.

And I agree that we should be able to customize their mermaid form so that they can range from beautiful to demonic siren. And speaking of sirens, they should totally have a power that can lure other sims. And maybe we can include weaknesses where they get dehydrated more easily, or get disgusted by eating land food.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • GelysenGelysen Posts: 214 Member
    Ugh I would absolutely love that. I wish the island paradise would've come out more at the beginning instead of towards the end (when my pc couldn't run it anymore) I loved the mermaids/merman and the coral reefs and diving. Loved that expansion to bits.

And for the sims 4, I'm srsly up for almost any occult they throw our way as I love occults in general and I've loved almost all of the ones we've previously seen (except for the zombies they were annoying xD) So yah, Werewolves,Mermaids, Plantsims, Witches, Genies, More fleshed out Aliens etc, I'm up for that n_____n
    My sims 4 wishlist:
    -Spiral, L&U shaped stairs-More hair colors-Alternative fashion(Goth,Punk,lolita)-More rabbit hole careers-Witches,Plantsims,Werewolves.
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    I was pretty dissapointed in TS3 mermaids, mostly because of how slow they were. But if done right, they could be interesting addition to TS4. However, I think we'd need to have "functional water" first (swimming in the ocean etc.). Or maybe they could introduce it at the same time?
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Mermaids than be aquatic. Most its life be aquatic and unlike vampires, they start as a fish, or better say their aquatic form, and become human be a power than you must buy.... and even at human form they still need hydratation.

Other idea for mermaids would be fishing places, inlike fish like other sims, mermaids sumerge into fishing areas, then have more chances for catch better fishes

Mermaid sing would be a nice idea.... even here could use Fintess SP, as earbuds would be a countermeasure agains mermaid sing, and about singing, if City Living is installed, mermaids start with level 5 or more of singing skill

And this time mermaids can have new woohoo spots. Into pool, undersea

With Spa day, sauna would be a problem for mermaids, they can die faster by steam (and other sims at sauna will receive a boof of "fish odor")
  • Petarce123Petarce123 Posts: 493 Member
    I love both Mako Mermaids and H2O! I'd love for mermaids to be back!!
    I want Seasons and Island Paradise for The Sims 4!

• HarlowandMeHarlowandMe Posts: 231 Member
    I really want them to flesh out mermaids too and give them lots of options, I would love for them to have some underwater lots to make homes for mermaids too, or to make a mermaid lagoon for a home where you can customize it yourself. Plus I would really love different sea life that can become their pets. Plus I think It would be cool to have Cecaelia Octopus Mermaids too, Oh and if they could swim in some aquariums that would be pretty fun:)))
  • EllocaitEllocait Posts: 6 New Member
    I never got into any of the vampire expansions on any generation, so I would absolutely LOVE to have mermaids.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    If you're interested, there's a nice mermaid mod out already: http://modthesims.info/d/607804

But I totally get it for implementing into the game for real. If done right, I have just the particular being in mind to be a mermaid...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • EpicSimsEpicSims Posts: 397 Member
    Well, the addition of a new creature sounds fantastic, but I doubt EA will include mermaids...
    The company doesn't care even a bit about our wishes.
  • DarkFoxGirl13DarkFoxGirl13 Posts: 45 Member
    i need mermaids, they're one of my favorite mythical creatures! <3 <3 <3
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    We'll get Mermaids after we can swim.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • VengefulNoodlesVengefulNoodles Posts: 128 Member
    Has anyone watched Siren on Freeform?
    o5jNANX.gif
  • CeCeDotCeCeDot Posts: 230 Member
    Please put this idea in the idea corner! The devs don't come here!
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited April 2018
    I’d love mermaids living in an underwater world. That’s one thing they could really do properly in Sims 4. In Sims 3 the under water world is just one lot, which will be 64x64 max and has lot restrictions. In Sims 4 they could really make it work like an actual world.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I would love for mermaids (and fairies) to return! :smile: Those two are my favorite supernaturals.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    If you're interested, there's a nice mermaid mod out already: http://modthesims.info/d/607804
    Oooh! Thanks for the mod link! :smiley: I just LOVE mermaids, and I want them so bad in Sims 4, so this is really cool to see! :blush: Thanks again.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    @somethingstellar

image7.jpg

the-little-mermaid2.jpg

That would actually be pretty cool! I wouldn't mind if they looked more fish like then human I think that would make them more interesting.
  • BellanotBellaBellanotBella Posts: 14 New Member
    I would love shipwrecks, abandoned cities and the ability to build underwater; it would build on so many features of the mermaids too!
  • Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    @somethingstellar

image7.jpg

the-little-mermaid2.jpg

The sims is way too vanilla for mermaids like that. If they return I think they'll go for a more standard look.
  • ChelsialyChelsialy Posts: 25 Member
    I'd love mermaids in the Sims 4!
  • CeCeDotCeCeDot Posts: 230 Member
    The sims is way too vanilla for mermaids like that. If they return I think they'll go for a more standard look. [/quote]

The vampires could be created quite scary, so it's not impossible for mermaids to get the same treatment. Only mermaids aren't always seen as evil creatures so who knows
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    @somethingstellar

image7.jpg

the-little-mermaid2.jpg

Never liked those ones from harry potter and I love harry books.
    I wouldn't use them if they look like those :(

Good luck tho.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon