Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How did your first Sims 3 death happen or the first accidental killing of your own sim?

cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
How did your first Sims 3 death happen and was it a surprise? Or how did you accidentally kill your sim for the first time?
Post edited by cwaddell on

How did your first Sims 3 death happen or the first accidental killing of your own sim? 130 votes

electricution
17%
Anya19552Rflong7thundrwilowroseParyKATENESScwaddellamaresityBlackSandjjames041Rsanda1need4kaffeeTempurranceSapphire268stepbot153ZeeGeebudewarminqpmommatretheratherealsunsetvalleyThrior 23 votes
drowning
7%
PuddinroyVexingQuerykorsetLunBeautybekkasanjordandRedShoe7TinySpaceFoxKitCattDGEldrai 10 votes
fire
18%
dreamerz13sm28451ApparentlyAwesomeemorrilljillbgRodJohnmegan_mariaFinvola60smusicluvr3KNPenTadOlsonMissa_Sissapeterlouis999xxnearlyperfectxsof2106AellaniiEgonVMlisalittlesimmerNikkei_SimmerBishybri 24 votes
starvation or vampire thrist
10%
nickibitswardMeela_Pashtj3n1ynGITTE2001ilikethesims30laydaywayKatNipBrianAndreeSimtown15CharlottesmomButtersimsTayMeowCxxgerefteast 13 votes
meteor srike or mummy's curse
10%
suzsesPeachesnDucksSillyhartluvSimplyJenGabbyGirlJgamerplaya94CravenLestatPyramoreStephStebScottDemonOdonata68micheleiNabrilpuzzlezaddict 14 votes
freezing
0%
booknovice 1 vote
jelly bean plant or cow plant
3%
SemaviLadySindocatCazualKarmaKaceFace 4 votes
crushed by vending machine or murphy bed
2%
YuriTheCreatorTeslachick2GamingTweety 3 votes
old age
24%
Emily4331Jessa_DakkarZhakiraPMACRONAUTMikezumiJoAnne65Kimbelle10dothesmustlestarguruangeljess26sassygray5igazorIreneSwiftBettyboop55becks11125782341b77vlDivinylsFanMemoriiValentinemarstinsonKelvin 32 votes
other
4%
AmphoraKarritzTreyNutzimdragonitking_of_simcity7Avatarit 6 votes

Comments

• cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited February 2018
    electricution
    Sims 3 was my first sims game and I was completely shocked when I electrocuted my sim and the Grim Reaper showed up. I was bummed out since they were the only sim in the household and had to start another new game. Previously I had tried a game for a little while where my sim got singed while working at the science lab and all it took to fix her was to take a shower. So when my sim had showered after trying to fix the broken dish washer I sent her right back at it. The second time she got shocked Grimmy showed up with his dramatic music. I was wondering what the h---.

My second sim death was old age.

My second accidental killing of my own sim was drowning. I just wanted her to swim a little longer to level up her athletics. :)

My only intentional killing of my sim was drowning for my "Emily and the Ghost" story. I hated it. I almost cried since I was so attached to my vampire, intended ghost.
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    Starvation. But not my fault! All my Sim's needs were up to the max, I left him fishing while I went to check on another Sim in the household. Two seconds later get a pop-up message that "my Sim has died on another lot"!
    What? I couldn't believe it.
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    electricution
    Dang Dishwasher ... :D

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    drowning

I generally don't have sims die. I send them to the great nursing home (library) or stop playing when I feel that I've played out their story, or it is so laggy I get cranky about it.

The first in game death was after I got IP and my sim rebuilt that trashed resort in IP. Sims started visiting and a little girl stayed too long in the pool. I tried to send my sim to help her, get her out of the pool. I did not use mods and didn't know about 'reset sim' at the time. She died and it was awful. Quit without saving. I did not even know a child could die like that. I figured the AI would make them get out before they were fatigued.
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    Oh wait, you said accidential... ;)
  • gerefteastgerefteast Posts: 353 Member
    edited February 2018
    Starvation. I was trying out the testingcheats cheat and lowered the hunger motive a bit too far :lol:
    Later, after I got the Late Night EP, I wanted to test how much the vampires are immortal and did the same thing with the thirst motive...

EDIT: typo
    Post edited by gerefteast on
    understand the significance of the signatures
  • Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Meteor strike! :D It was the first time I played in Twinbrook. My sim was on a date with Goodwin Goode and they were stargazing together. I didn't even know about meteors, at the time, and I probably ignored the pop-up message about a shadow because it was nighttime. After it hit, I think I sat there stunned! I had no idea what had just happened! :D
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    electricution
    I'm sorry but I laughed at all your accidental deaths, and intentional ones. :D I know for me it is amusing to look back on them but at the time I was upset.
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    Actually, my first sims died when the unmodded game decided that they didn't exist anymore and loaded an empty house.

But the first time there was a real death onscreen, one of my sims was in the path of a meteor. I'd just saved, so I figured it would be interesting to see what happened. Of course, I didn't save the result.
  • queenproteaqueenprotea Posts: 14 New Member
    old age
    I had some kind of weird hangup about sim death--refused to allow it in 2--so I decided to rip the band-aid off by playing a house with an elder in it and letting the game take its course.
  • polrbearpolrbear Posts: 939 Member
    edited February 2018
    electricution
    Actually, none of my own sims have died. One girl died and came back to life before I took control of her but I didn't see it. My first real experienced "Sims 3 death" was actually two of them back to back.

I was playing my first ever save.

There were twin sisters and they were celebrities. They lived in a fancy penthouse apartment with a hottub on the balcony. They had a butler. Hottub broke. She tried to fix it-she died.

Then they got a new butler. Until the stereo broke.
    I play Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and The Urbz: Sims in the City on gamecube and ds. Main Game: Sims 352033322186_3a08467dc6_o.png
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    other
    Haunting Curse backfire.

I recently had a sim child drown. I kept him snorkeling in the public pool and totally forgot about him. By the time I was trying to call him home I realized he had fatigued out and then it was too late.

Fortunately both sims had death flowers.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    jelly bean plant or cow plant
    Jelly-bean bush. It was my very first Sim, a male Witch, based loosely on mad Uncle Andrew from C. S. Lewis' The Magician's Nephew. I was in Moonlight Falls, and taking him to the Alchemy consignment shop to get his supplies and things to start practicing, and saw the jelly-bean bush in the back. I thought, "What fun!" and had him pick one. He died immediately. I have never trusted the jelly-bean bush since. Didn't know about Ghosts or their rarity and anyway wanted to play a Witch, so quit without saving.

Second Sim death was a Fairy live-in boyfriend, attempting to repair a stereo. Got shocked & singed. While I was focusing on my other Sim, he autonomously attempted the repair again. ZOT! Dead! x.X By then I did know about Ghosts, and let him stay dead. But it was years before I worked out how to get him unstuck from "ex-boyfriend" to continue his romance with my Sim as a Ghost Fairy.
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Stoopid space rocks

ZdMxMw5.gif
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • mctsimmermctsimmer Posts: 277 Member
    old age
    Old age.

After losing pregnant mother after mother in Sims 2, I try to stay away from having pregnant sims in Sims 3. Luckily, I haven't had any accidental deaths. Fires have been a problem but no one has died. I think deaths are harder in the Sims 3, but I only have Generations and University expansion packs and that could be why they don't easily die.
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    fire
    I left my sim unattended for a few minutes and came back and they'd perished in a fire. I wish I could say I learned pretty quickly to not leave sims alone, but I still do it all the time. Only one has ever died as a result.
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Jelly-bean bush. It was my very first Sim, a male Witch, based loosely on mad Uncle Andrew from C. S. Lewis' The Magician's Nephew. I was in Moonlight Falls, and taking him to the Alchemy consignment shop to get his supplies and things to start practicing, and saw the jelly-bean bush in the back. I thought, "What fun!" and had him pick one. He died immediately. I have never trusted the jelly-bean bush since. Didn't know about Ghosts or their rarity and anyway wanted to play a Witch, so quit without saving.

Second Sim death was a Fairy live-in boyfriend, attempting to repair a stereo. Got shocked & singed. While I was focusing on my other Sim, he autonomously attempted the repair again. ZOT! Dead! x.X By then I did know about Ghosts, and let him stay dead. But it was years before I worked out how to get him unstuck from "ex-boyfriend" to continue his romance with my Sim as a Ghost Fairy.

Try as I might I cannot get a Sim to die from eating jelly beans. With one, after 10 jelly beans in a row I gave up.

• imdragonitimdragonit Posts: 1,019 Member
    other
    Pit Monster :D have the door of life & death, was trying to get it on with Grim & insisted he answer the door one too many times...lol
  • SillyhartluvSillyhartluv Posts: 73 Member
    I did not even know that meteorites existed in the sim world, though in hindsight, I ignored all the signs. It just sort of fell on them and killed nearly everyone at the swimming pool. I was curious to see the outcome, so I continued playing a while before quitting without saving.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    old age
    My first sim death would have been old age. I have not had any accidental deaths unless a sim got on my nerves, but that wouldn't really count as an accident since I made sure they repaired something electrical while standing in a puddle with no handiness skill :p
  • polrbearpolrbear Posts: 939 Member
    electricution
    Odonata68 wrote: »
    Meteor strike! :D It was the first time I played in Twinbrook. My sim was on a date with Goodwin Goode and they were stargazing together. I didn't even know about meteors, at the time, and I probably ignored the pop-up message about a shadow because it was nighttime. After it hit, I think I sat there stunned! I had no idea what had just happened! :D

I've gotten that notification about a shadow before! I was wondering what it meant because nothing happened afterward-

But that makes sense that nothing happened now because I modded meteorites out of my game when I first got the expansion they came with. I was not taking any chances. My family apparently would've died once, had I not.

Weird that I've still seen that notification...but nothing came of it, so whatever :D
    I play Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and The Urbz: Sims in the City on gamecube and ds. Main Game: Sims 352033322186_3a08467dc6_o.png
  • cocococo Posts: 2,722 Member
    edited February 2018
    old age
    I can barely remember what happened last week let alone what happened almost 9 years ago :lol:
    It was probably old age though. I knew enough about death from TS2 to not let my sims anywhere near a broken object without having handiness skills.
    Post edited by coco on
  • TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    drowning
    My first and only death in Sims 3 was me drowning a Sim I didn't like. He was the sworn enemy of a pre-made Sim I liked, and not even his bio had anything good to say about him. On top of that, he had also been cheating on his own wife with my Sim's wife and a couple of others. To date, he remains the only Sim I have ever killed, in my 6 years of playing this game.
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    So, when Generations came out I sent my family's teens, a brother and a sister, to the prom. There I was reading the messages about them having a great time. The brother had just been crowned prom king and the sister's date had just asked her to go steady. Then suddenly "the sky grew dark." I had never seen that message before and had no idea what was going on. "Is this a part of the prom?" I wondered. Lol. Suddenly, Boom! A meteor crashes down and hits the school. Both of my kids' dates died.

I was like "well that was entertaining, but I'm not saving." :lol:
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    old age
    Is there such a thing as "Death By Way of the Player Being Too Kind to Them" -- sort of like sims exploding from being too happy, or would that be a feature of a different version of this game? >:)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net