Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CM's Architecture Thread - Thornton Cottage (pg 8) & a homeless home (pg 9)

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    @rosemow Thank you, dear! You know, you comment so faithfully on everyone's creativity. It leaves me curious about what kinds of things you personally like. What are your favorite colors? What kinds of sim games do you like playing?

Hello
    I like playing each of the versions of The Sims games :) They all have special enjoyable features in them.
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    edited January 2018
    Continuing on the cabin kick, I made a very small back country cabin for the avid outdoors sim, the kind of cabin that is practically a base camp for exploring the wilds of nature, then snuggling up next to a warm fire in the evenings.

Fjord Explorer is a almost a one-room cabin, with a small partial bath, a screened porch, and a sleeping loft, this cabin is the perfect retreat for two.

Pictures (this is my first time trying google images sharing so let me know if it doesn't work for anyone!)

Exchange link pending the launcher working again. *grrr* :angry:
    Post edited by creativemetaphor on
    Fjord Explorer is a very nice cabin build :) Nice sitting area on the front porch for sims to enjoy sitting outdoors in the air. The screened porch is great! Sims will enjoy using the telescope there or painting on the easel, with sunshine coming in through the windows. Very nice homely and warm furnishing of the interior. The exterior and interior wall textures give a great look and feel to the home. Very nice fireplace corner nook for sims to enjoy sitting on the sofa near the fire reading a book . The type of stove used suits the cabin style well. Sims will enjoy eating a meal at the corner dining table. It is nice that there is a sleeping loft.
    Outdoors Sims will enjoy staying in this cabin :)
    @rosemow Thank you :)

Exchange link is now live!
    Barn Raisin'!
    Inspired by @aricarai 's latest speed build videos in her Little Pixel Palace, I realized that despite living in a decidedly rural agricultural area, I have never done a barn!

So here is my fix for that, a tiny little one-Sim live-in barn with all the basic amenities, with a huge garden, chickens and bees, even a hayloft. The "doors" on the upper floor are shamelessly lifted from aricarai's genius idea. The barn and silo would just fit on a 10x10 lot to give you an idea of scale. I hope you enjoy this tiny little farmstead get-away. Play tested and fully-upgraded so nothing burns down or breaks!

Barn Raisin' exchange link
    Barin Raisin' photo album
    @Kgaff I really need to log into my sims page more often as I just saw your generous gifts! Thank you so kindly :)<3
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Barn Raisin'!
    Inspired by @aricarai 's latest speed build videos in her Little Pixel Palace, I realized that despite living in a decidedly rural agricultural area, I have never done a barn!

So here is my fix for that, a tiny little one-Sim live-in barn with all the basic amenities, with a huge garden, chickens and bees, even a hayloft. The "doors" on the upper floor are shamelessly lifted from aricarai's genius idea. The barn and silo would just fit on a 10x10 lot to give you an idea of scale. I hope you enjoy this tiny little farmstead get-away. Play tested and fully-upgraded so nothing burns down or breaks!

Barn Raisin' exchange link
    Barin Raisin' photo album

This is BRILLIANT! I love the name and the whole style of the build. How did you do the silo? Is that the shower in there? Very genius! Off to rec a roo for you! <3
    @aricarai it's the round castle pieces! Just recolored it all the same so it isn't too obvious and then put the domed roof on top! I put the all-in-one bath inside :)
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    @aricarai it's the round castle pieces! Just recolored it all the same so it isn't too obvious and then put the domed roof on top! I put the all-in-one bath inside :)

That's awesome! :mrgreen:
    The design and layout of Barn Raisin looks very great! :) The Market stand, field of sunflowers, silo and windmill are great touches there! It is nice that there is a harvestable garden area for sims to enjoy growing and harvesting plants, and hives for getting honey. It is great that there are chickens and a chickens coop in the build too! Very nice exterior of the barn! The red colour of the barn, the barn roofing and the open upper windows looks very nice. Very nice furnishing of the interior to complement with the barn theme. The wooden texture of the walls gives a great look and feel to the barn. Very nice wheel themed seating nook for sims to rest and read a book. The texture of the fridge and stove suits the build type well.
    It is a very nice barn themed build! :)
    @rosemow Thank you kindly! It was definitely fun to make, especially figuring out how to get things to work the way I wanted.
    So while I was being not-quite-sick but not-exactly-well either on the couch yesterday I ended up binging a youtube series on the stone age, and now I am totally going to make a cave and some stone-age Sims to live in it!

Fire pit to grill food but no other cooking options, and no gardening so they'll have to forage and fish. Sleeping bags only, no tables, mirrors, etc. Some minor theme-appropriate decor. I did decide to give them a street art kit for cave painting so they at least have something to do :mrgreen: Oh, and they can have a soccer ball.

For the 'necessities' I am waffling between a toilet and outdoor shower, or the all-in-one bath. The latter would make things too easy, I think... so probably the toilet and shower. So no sink. The only lights will be the tiki torches or sunlight.

Wish me luck! lol
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    I'm looking forward to that, CM. It will be interesting to see how you do it. :)
    @MiaSkywalker Hi!! Oh yay! I had been wondering where you got to :) Nice to know you're still poking around.

@rosemow I am happy to report that I have a working cave for my sim clan! Now I just need a sim clan for my cave :mrgreen: Pictures will be along... eventually. lol
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member

Sounds like you're having lots of fun CM. Looking forward to your cave and family pics :smiley:
    @soocoolsim ha! Yes indeed :) In fact, I am having so much fun I'm doing two! One will be a passably "authentic" cave for my cavesims, and a second will be sort of "flintstoned" up to allow for modern things but made up to look sort of passably stone-agy. So I can go full-on creative on both but to different extents.

Got the first smaller cave done, almost done with the second, have one clan finished and need to make a family for the second cave. It's a challenge working with so few options for clothing and fabrics/furs. But I love it!
    edited February 2018
    Spelunk Rock is the luxurious home experience your cavesims have been longing for. It features a hot springs for relaxing, a fishing pond, and a firepit to roast the latest day's catch.

The inside has been meticulously dug out to form several cozy rooms, including a reading lounge, living room, dining and kitchen, art nook, master bedroom with ensuite, a second full bath, and kids' room with two single beds and crib, plus plenty of room for toys and activities.

There is a massage table, shower and tubs in each bath, plenty of furs for warmth, and even a grill.

The lucky cavesim family who live here are the Simstones.

Granitetooth Simstone is a brave, athletic angler who loves the heat and is a bit of a night owl. He married the nurturing, family-oriented artist, Swiftwind, who enjoys gathering and cooking. Together they have three beautiful children, Stonethrower, Redpebble, and the baby, Littlebird.

They love their cavehome, with so much room for each of them. Much better than the old two-chamber cave they used to share.

Spelunk Rock photos
    Spelunk Rock exchange link
    The Simstones exchange link

Fore a more "authentic" cavesim experience, you might enjoy this one-room surface cave with modest hygiene facilities, a firepit for roasting, and sleeping rolls. It also has a fishing pond, and includes an outdoor bonfire. There is a training dummy and soccer ball to keep your cavesim in good shape for all that hunting and gathering needed, and some lovely large walls for practicing your cave paintings.

It may not be a high-end cave home, it's dark an sparse, but it does have the basics your sim clan will need to survive the stone age!

Cave of the Clan Bear photos
    Bearclan exchange link
    Cave of the Clan Bear exchange link
    I never use CC or CAP
    The two caves and the sims who live there look great! :) You have designed them both so very well! Both the outdoors areas and the design of the underground interior areas are done very well! The floor and wall textures suit the cave theme well! Your choice of furnishings and the texture/patterning reflects well the different type of caves and looks great! The cave paintings is a great touch! You have very creatively written the background details for each cave and the sims ! The simversions of the cave people family who live there are very nice.
    They are very creatively designed and built caves builds ! :)
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited February 2018
    How cute and inventive! I'm really at odds over which one I like the best! Heading off to rec and download! :)

Edit: Wait! Those are just pic links! Did you upload them?
    edited February 2018
    @romagi1 Not quite yet, but will soon! smaller build and clan are up now, but the larger build is pending

Glad you like them! They were such a departure to design and build :)
    @rosemow Thank you dear! I'm glad you enjoyed them and as always I appreciate the attention you give each share :)
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member

Both lots came out wonderfully. I love creative builds outside the box. Now I want to do a flintstone village loo lol :smiley:
    @soocoolsim Oh me too! I even had names for all the rabbit holes, like the school would be School of Hard Rocks, the science building would be Firemakers, military would be Sticks and Stones, city hall would be Council of Elders, grocery would be Cold Stone Hunted and Gathered, etc etc. I suppose I need to break down and play with CAW and see how it goes. I know people have made empty/no-road worlds, so maybe I could look into them, too.

I've already started on a sunken stone-age hut based loosely on Skara Brae excavations, and want to make a bog or marsh, maybe as a fishing hole, and the city park would be stonehenge/fire circle or something like that.

It really is fun to play with entirely new ideas! I found there's even a 'proper' stone-age outfit if you do unlockoutfits!
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    Oh, what great homes to place an ogre family in! :D I made an underground cavern once, but didn't think to place rocks around the entrance to look like a cave. What a great idea!