Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Current stand on Sims 4 AI and Traits

RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
Is it me or am I starting to realize my sims are WAY too alike at the point where they always troll teh forums or even just starve themselves for no reason

Sometimes on family runs like sims with the family trait they either watch the toddler constantly but not do anything or take care of them but not with the need that needs to be taken care of ( my toddlers end up going all up and arms like "Yeah I'll just take care of myself..." )

Kinda wish the AI got a little more work done and tweak the traits ( would be nice if we got more personality based traits than skills )

What do you guys think ?
= Sims Player for 17+ Years =
tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif

Comments

• BooDaBoo5BooDaBoo5 Posts: 253 Member
    I totally agree with you. This version's sims actually seem like the least intelligent out of all the games. They definitely need a lot of work. Also yeah, we need more traits and I wish they were more profound.
  • the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    From what I can tell, this seems to be a common opinion amongst the forum users, which I totally agree with!
  • RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    From what I can tell, this seems to be a common opinion amongst the forum users, which I totally agree with!

Yeah, I just wish they had better AI and more uniqueness like with TS3 everyone was super unique with the said traits
  • petalbipetalbi Posts: 1 New Member
    I agree. Even when I give the sims wildly different traits, they still seem to act more or less the same. It's sad.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,840 Member

Sorry for going off topic but what a beautiful family. :) Do you have a thread telling their story?
  • SeraphicPinkSeraphicPink Posts: 202 Member
    I agree with this.

At first I was thinking that maybe I was "favoring traits" as I often kinda put together sims that have the same type of traits.
    But as I've tried to add different traits to my sims I've noticed that regardless of the traits for the most part, the sims will act the same and traits really don't affect them as much.

They do a bit, for example hot-headed sims can be a bit to handle because they randomly get an angry moodlet and can quickly spin out of control talking to others... but most others really have no real affect on the sims personality.

I really hope they work on the personality and traits a bit more too.
    My Simblr: http://seraphicsimblr.tumblr.com/
    Origin: SeraphicPink

I agree with this.

At first I was thinking that maybe I was "favoring traits" as I often kinda put together sims that have the same type of traits.
    But as I've tried to add different traits to my sims I've noticed that regardless of the traits for the most part, the sims will act the same and traits really don't affect them as much.

They do a bit, for example hot-headed sims can be a bit to handle because they randomly get an angry moodlet and can quickly spin out of control talking to others... but most others really have no real affect on the sims personality.

I really hope they work on the personality and traits a bit more too.

Yeah I thought the same as well ! I tried super different traits and it's still the same result which isn't really good
  • dancenow13dancenow13 Posts: 160 Member
    I wish they actually had made it like they showed in the first trailer (I think it was) where the sims traits/emotions really affected how they acted and they remembered grudges and things like that. Not sure why they didn’t follow through with that but it was a big mistake! Both emotions and traits are a bit useless as they are.
  • ArmaniArmani Posts: 31 Member
    It's okay at the moment.

I pray that progress will continue to happen, as this is a good game.
  • LishacakeLishacake Posts: 296 Member
    edited February 2018
    I dunno, my sims still manage to impress me. My sim and his daughter Robin were visiting his friends' (Valerie and Arvid) house so that Robin could meet their kids and hopefully make friends. During the visit, Robin started to play the violin because she's a creative sim. Valerie watched her for a little bit and was also sort-of dancing on the spot (I don't know why. Robin hasn't got the violin skill yet, so the "music" sounded awful, lmao) before she joined in and started to play her violin.

I've never seen this before, so I was really surprised.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Is it me or am I starting to realize my sims are WAY too alike at the point where they always troll teh forums or even just starve themselves for no reason

Sometimes on family runs like sims with the family trait they either watch the toddler constantly but not do anything or take care of them but not with the need that needs to be taken care of ( my toddlers end up going all up and arms like "Yeah I'll just take care of myself..." )

Kinda wish the AI got a little more work done and tweak the traits ( would be nice if we got more personality based traits than skills )

What do you guys think ?

My toddlers typically all get the independent trait simply for that reason. I got tired of my poor toddlers not being able to learn potty skills and the like without a parent who was unwilling to do anything but stand around and watch them do nothing.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
    Lishacake wrote: »
    I dunno, my sims still manage to impress me. My sim and his daughter Robin were visiting his friends' (Valerie and Arvid) house so that Robin could meet their kids and hopefully make friends. During the visit, Robin started to play the violin because she's a creative sim. Valerie watched her for a little bit and was also sort-of dancing on the spot (I don't know why. Robin hasn't got the violin skill yet, so the "music" sounded awful, lmao) before she joined in and started to play her violin.

I've never seen this before, so I was really surprised.

That's super cool ! The closest of a unique moment I had was one of my toddlers bonding with the family pets afterwords pets started hanging out in the toddler's room even sleeping by their bed
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »

What do you guys think ?

My toddlers typically all get the independent trait simply for that reason. I got tired of my poor toddlers not being able to learn potty skills and the like without a parent who was unwilling to do anything but stand around and watch them do nothing.

I did a test run with the Independent trait, I ended up with a parent that wouldn't leave the kid alone and for some reason keep making them take a bath when their hygiene is fine or randomly put them on the highchair when their hunger fine, but the toddler didn't had any annoying parent obstacles when it comes to potty training
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    Terrible. It's been said dozens of times, but they've yet to do anything to change the traits or even hint at a change.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    It's one of the main outcries and complains TS4 receives.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Hester666Hester666 Posts: 27 Member
    I want traits like ocd or psycho , or even a creepy trait .
  • jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    I agree. I find that I really have to go out of my way to create outlandish characters with crazy stories in order to really see any difference between sims personalities. But even then, it's not the game that's showing the difference between characters, it's mostly just my imagination and what I pretend is happening in the game.
    Someone who is really nice but can go a bit psycho every now and then would be good.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    Totally agree. And I feel that if the code is too deep to be able to properly tweak the traits and emotions, they might at least give us an overlapping new personality system where we could choose fears, desires, preferences, dislikes, etc. and detail our individual Sims more so that they show some individuality.

I also wish they would tone down most of the happy buffs and switch a bunch of them to "Fine" and gimp some of the giggling idle animations because it's so over-the-top with happiness. Especially change the decoration buffs and full needs buffs. Those alone would make a huge difference in balancing out emotions.
    #Team Occult
    I would like to see that sims can choose or at random choose weather they have a difficult life or a easy life , or a up and down life where their personalities can change depending on what kind of life they have .
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    I loaded up TS3 a few weeks ago and was blown away because I had forgotten the large amount of traits and aspirations. I saw there looking at the screen thinking. "Why can't we have this in TS4!?!" I make my own townies and have found that it is hard to make unique sims due to lack of traits and aspirations. So I'm going to be looking into mods that are not default replacements to see what there is to offer. I also wish we could set more traits to a sim. I had mod that would allow you to add more cas traits but it was very buggy in my game so I had to remove it.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    I once tried to make an insane sim.

No erratic behavior, nothing for other sims to react to..: just emotional changes for about 2 hours & the occasional buff that has words written in simlish. :tired_face:
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I mean yes...its one of the biggest complaints, where have you been? Lol
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
    edited February 2018
    I mean yes...its one of the biggest complaints, where have you been? Lol

Because I thought at first I've been picking faves with traits but then after experimenting with different traits for a long while I've started noticing like a lot of other folks
  • Jenna2376Jenna2376 Posts: 120 Member
    I wish there were more trait options, it would be nice to have more "flaws" for traits. It would be fun to have a narcissistic trait, an addictive personality trait, an anxious trait, maybe arrogant or braggadocios, hypocritical would be a nice one for organic drama, shallow could be fun. They just all feel like warm, fuzzy traits; nothing that could seriously cause problems. Not even the Evil trait is truly evil. The only negative trait that really affects my gameplay is hot-headed. They pick fights and always seem in a bad mood that they spread around to other sims, haha.

It would be nice if we could have more depth to our sims, not everyone wants to play perfect sims. It would be nice if we could have more than three traits too. Sims 3 had five or six, it's been a good 8 months since I played it, haven't played 3 since I cracked and bought 4. It was worth waiting for though. If I'd bought it at full price a couple of years ago, I'd be kinda mad. For $20, I can't complain too much.