Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spa Day or City Living?

Hello fellow simmers. This is always my go to place when it doubt so I hope that is okay once more. Currently I have Sims 4 with Get Together, Parenthood and I just recently purchased Laundry Stuff and Kids Room Stuff. I am a sims addict and cannot help myself when it comes to buying these games even though I do not play nearly as much as I would like. I know there is a sale right now and I am contemplating buying a new addition (even though I do not need it).

I have watched reviews on both of these games, but am still stuck. I know Spa Day is just a game pack and does not add nearly as much as city living, but I am throwing here for one reason and one reason only. My poor laptop has an integrated card and I worry putting something like city living on there will implode it. I will say I played sims 3 on a terrible laptop for a long time with many packs (until I got a new laptop) and I played sims 2 on a dinosaur computer that almost exploded every time I loaded the game up. For both those games I had every expansion possible and its been really hard not doing that this time. I just hear all the time on here that if you have an integrated card you should really only have the base game or bad things may happen. Its a little discouraging, but I also feel that could be correct. I bought this laptop myself and I would prefer nothing to happen to it.

I will say I play on medium/low settings that run fairly smooth and lag free right now ( a little glitchy after adding the stuff packs, but I do not think those have anything to do with my laptop). A little slower on start up than it used to be, but in game is no difference which is nice.

If I were to purchase one of these, which would you guys recommend based on my situation? City Living seems way better than Sims 3 Late Night (which was slow, laggy, boring and the apartments were awful) and Spa Day seems like a really simple but nice addition to the game.

Thanks in advance friends.

Comments

• GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »
    City Living seems way better than Sims 3 Late Night (which was slow, laggy, boring and the apartments were awful) and Spa Day seems like a really simple but nice addition to the game.

Thanks in advance friends.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but despite the issues you may have had with Sims 3 apartments, in my opinion they are still better than S4 apartments. With CL you are confined to only "building" apartments in San Myshuno. Which I didn't know until after getting it. lol I thought we could build them in all of the worlds.

You also can't make a common area in your apartments. I love doing that in Sims 2 and in Sims 3, not just for sims in the building to meet and get together, I also like adding a laundry area in sims 3. Again, that can't be done in Sims 4. :( BUT, I LOVE the food stalls that were added. New foods for your sims to discovery, and also learn to cook. I enjoy the city life feel as well.

As for Spa Day, I like a lot of the build items (but I'm that way with every GP, SP, and EP :D) But if your sim is stressed out and needs some pampering, or if you have a super rich sim who likes spending her husband's money, then this is the way to go for you. lol (I'm not helping, am I? lol)

If I had to pick I think I would go with City Living. I just really, really like it. It adds to the gameplay.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• TrixieLocaTrixieLoca Posts: 116 Member
    I love that you have neighbours in the sims 4 city living and they knock on your door but I also love spa day what ever you pick I think you'll be happy <3
  • Dayvon64Dayvon64 Posts: 493 Member
    I play on a laptop as well, when I got City Living I was able to play it without much of a problem. It's great to live high up in an apartment while watching the city life happen around you. I'd highly suggest City Living as it gives so much more gameplay in terms of everyday life.