Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think they're currently working on The Sims 5?

Lady SugarLady Sugar Posts: 201 Member
What do you think guys? Do you think they're currently developing TS5? If yes, why do you think so? have receipts? Show them off.
tumblr_o37da4s0cH1tqr095o1_500.gif
"Here's my invitation baby. Hope it set us free, to know each other better. Put your love all over me"
-"Invitation" Britney Spears.

R.I.P The Sims.

Comments

• ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    no i don't.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Id hope so
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    They for sure aren’t.

Gurus like SimGuruGrant always work on the base games, and we usually see a bunch of Gurus move onto a new project. All the Guru’s are working on The Sims 4 right now.

Plus they just launched The Sims 4 console with DLC which tells me they intend TS4 to be here a while.

Also, The Sims Mobile hasn’t even launched yet. Which tells me they expect The Sims 4 to be around for a while as well, otherwise it would be outdated not long after it came out.

I don’t think we’ll see a Sims 5 until The Sims Mobile is at least 5 years old.

Then they’ll probably launch The Sims 5 on Tablets and PC/Mac. iPads for sure would be able to run a full PC game by then.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Base games usually take years of work, from planning up to polishing. I'd say that at the very least, they'd be in the planning stages for TS5 right now if they want to release it within a few years. Just things like discussing the core features and system to be included.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited February 2018
    No, but they might be talking about it.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Not a chance
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    I hope not. I really love the Sims 4.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2018
    Nope, they are pretty busy with Sims 4 - from what I can see.

I look forward to see what's coming in this game myself.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,612 Member
    I hope they are working on it. I hope they learn from their mistakes with TS4.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    Years ago when they weren't so tight lipped about everything (back when each game expansion pack box came with a pamphlet for the next upcoming EP) I remember reading an official FAQ about the brand new Sims 2 game. One of the questions was, when do you start working on The Sims 3? And the answer was, "as soon as the Sims 2 ships". I will never forget that, because I remember being so stoked for 3 even before 2 was sold in stores.
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    agent_bev wrote: »
    Years ago when they weren't so tight lipped about everything (back when each game expansion pack box came with a pamphlet for the next upcoming EP) I remember reading an official FAQ about the brand new Sims 2 game. One of the questions was, when do you start working on The Sims 3? And the answer was, "as soon as the Sims 2 ships". I will never forget that, because I remember being so stoked for 3 even before 2 was sold in stores.

I remember that as well!!! I remember thinking "What really!!!" Then when TS3 came out it was stated that TS3 would be the last of the series. Then TS4 happened.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,177 Member
    agent_bev wrote: »

Yep, those were the days when Sims 1 was "The best selling PC game of all time" before it was "Sims 2 is the all time best selling PC game EVER!!!! Well until Minecraft comes out." so it seemed like there was a lack of secrets back then. But unfortunately game development (especially EA and Big franchises) have changed and got even more expensive. Now instead of blabbing that you're working on a new game you have to make sure to sell that news to the highest bidder. Then for the low low price of 10 million dollars you can be the first website to break the news about the reveal of Sims 5 and get all those views first and get all that money before your rival websites can even get a look.

Thooooose were the days.
  • EmontheinternetEmontheinternet Posts: 10 New Member
    I agree with the others who said that they don't think they're working on it but may be talking about it. Personally I think TS4 is going to stay for a long while, and I hope that it does.
  • nasTdudenasTdude Posts: 95 Member
    Of course they are. Why wouldn't they be. I too also remember them saying they started working on sims 3 before 2 shipped. Also I believe they'd be way beyond just planning phase.
    Why wouldn't they.. ts4 was a huge mess and still is with all its limitations . They could do so much with a better engine or at least not a salvaged online one at that ts4 is based on.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    I don't think so... honestly, I feel like The Sims 4 is going to last longer than the previous installments. Especially since it's almost hitting four years and currently only has four expansion packs (with a fifth that'll likely be released in late 2018). Plus, I really feel like we would've heard of something by now... I mean, Sims 4 was leaked quite awhile before Sims 3 was actually finished. The same happened with Sims 3 being leaked before Sims 2 was done.

Either way, if Sims 5 is really going to happen (whether it's soon or within the next few years), I just hope the developers actually fix what went wrong with Sims 4. I'd like to see a game that's more of a combination of Sims 2, Sims 3, and Sims 4 put together... something I would really love to see would be Sims 4's CAS and Build/Buy mode, Sims 4's "manage households" and "manage worlds" options, and Sims 3's open world and CAST... all put together into one game.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    I don't think there is a Sims 5.

I think both the absence of hints, info, leaks and rumors is very telling, and in addition I think the recent acts of EA with other franchises are likewise very telling. Lately EA has been trying to convert a lot of titles into some sort of ongoing service where players make regular payments. If rumors are to be believed, they attempted this with Sims 4 too and the only thing that stopped it was the failure of Simcity.

I don't think they learn though. Battlefront 2 for example is about to get loot boxes again, and exactly how many franchises is EA responsible for killing over the years...?

I fully expect that our "Sims 5" is likely that mobile game or some other similar platform they have in the works. Anything that'll allow them to hit up players for additional payments in order to progress. Sims mobile games have more or less flopped before, but as I said, I don't think they learn when there's potential for dollar signs.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    I think tht are working on the Base game well kind of they probly have a project start date and some ideas the are probley working on some early artwork hell they may even be playing around with a ney engen but i don't think wee will see anything until late 2019 .
  • KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    Maybe they can make a new sim city game and put all the things they didn't in Sims 4 in that?
    Or they can make a Sims 5 game and make it memorable as Sims 2 and Sims 3 but I don't expect it soon as everyone hopes it is.
  • JayR247JayR247 Posts: 26 Member
    I don't think they are, perhaps talking about it (if they plan on making The Sims 5 at all that is), I personally feel that The Sims 4 has a lot of lifespan left and there's still a lot to see. Maybe it's just me but I'd feel like The Sims 4 would end too soon and feel rather incomplete if they brought out The Sims 5 even in the next 3 years. The Sims 4 just still feels fresh. Plus the lack of rumours and whatnot make me believe that they are not currently working on the next installment. They really seem to be focusing on The Sims 4.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    Probably. There is no reason to believe Sims 4 will last for nearly as long as people assume. Longer? Sure, a decade? No way. The comments from the gurus are not concrete.

A base game takes years of development, so I don’t think Sims 4 is necessarily in jeopardy of ending soon but within the next 2-3 years I expect the follow up title to be released, or at least announced.
  • LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 872 Member
    Oh I would think so, yes. Even if it doesn't come out until 2020 at the earliest, it takes a lot of time to start planning what it's going to be about, get stuff drawn out, all that computer wizardry stuff I don't understand...so much stuff we obviously don't seem to understand that goes into creating a game the magnitude of The Sims and with this being the 5th generation, and a big anniversary for the franchise...I am sure they started with the planning just after Sims 4 launched in 2014. I'm sure they don't start out with a huge crowd or anything but, as it gets nearer, people will be taken from Sims 4 production and put on Sims 5.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • CrownSimsCrownSims Posts: 470 Member
    I doubt they are, considering they just came out with a new stuff pack for Sims 4 I'd believe that they're still working on the Sims 4.
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    I do the no eventually there will be a Sims 5 but I wouldn’t expect it for at least another couple of years. They seem happy with the current sales model they have for it so they won’t change it up for a while at least. I’m fine with it as I’m still enjoying Sims 4 and am excited to see what’s coming next for it. There’s still a lot they can still add to it going forward.
    ~ ~ ~
  • x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    I think they still have some time left to work on TS4 before they decide to work on sims 5.

Sims 4 is still something that needs to be worked on and I’ve decided that I’m not ready to give up on it just yet :tired_face:
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    I'm sure they are always working on the next project, even if that's just brainstorming or taking notes of what does/doesn't work well in TS4.

They have too much left to do in TS4 to be actively working on TS5, if there is even going to be one. Quite frankly at this point I wouldn't make that jump anyway.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!