Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sawdust's Build's - Origin ID sawdust123

Thought I'd start a new thread here and pick up where EA left us. I'm only going to put the one photo here of each build as I'm sick of being jerked around. Just spent the last hour with Imgur trying to sort out non-display issues and double posting and Photobucket is a joke now they want you to pay or inundate you with ads so as you can't even see what you're doing half the time. If you really want to see my builds download it and look around. :D

Comments

• sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    Cinder Manor - Residential - 64 x 64 lot
    6 bed, 4 bath; $650,311

Inspired by the house in the 2015 Cinderella movie this is a large family home with formal sitting, dining, library, children's playroom, secret room and much more. The formal lounge is divided into a ladies conversational area serving tea and a men's area with the bar. While testing this build my Sim was notified he made Parenting Level 2 while drinking from the bar which, cracked me up no end. If only I'd known that was the way to become a better parent!! ;) The larger portion of the sitting area is dedicated to listening to the piano. Unfortunately the fire can't be lit in this latter area as I've done a tricky thing with it for aesthetic purposes. The Sims don't care as there are more fires in the ladies and gents areas to keep out the chill. The large dining room has a seating area around the bay window as well as games of chess and card/llama table. There are banquet tables in both sitting and dining areas for easy access to food. (very good for toddlers. :)) The downstairs has a full bathroom. Upstairs are the six bedrooms, master with en-suite and walk in dressing room. The nursery is connected to the nannies room and both connect to another full bathroom. The other three bedrooms comprise, children's (3 single beds), teen's (2 single beds) and guest bedroom with double bed. There is also a children's playroom on this level as well as a fourth bathroom. Outside, the stables include a workshop with woodworking table, pumpkin carving and easel. There are some perfect fruit trees scattered around and perfect herbs and vegetables near the back door for easy access. The children have a monkey bars and the adults can practice their horeshoe throwing or just sit and chill in the gazebo. This has been one of my longest builds and is full of items so will need a little time to place. I've tried to leave some room for things you may want in there as well. Hope you like it. :)

p7GkPfY.png
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    The exterior design and layout of Cinder Manor looks so very nice! :) It is great that you based it on the house from the Cinderella movie. The roofing and towers look great! The greenery on the exterior adds a nice touch to the build. It sounds a very detailed build! It would have taken you many hours to build, furnish and landscape it!
    It will be a very special family home for sims households to enjoy living in :)
  • Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited January 2018
    @sawdust is so clever with her builds, @rosemow, you should see what else she has done. We have made whole worlds in Eastern style, Middle-Eastern and medieval styles and others. I make the sims, she does the housing. Sawdust is one of the most talented builders I've come across and what she does with no cc but by combining items is truly amazing. :)

@sawdust is so clever with her builds, @rosemow, you should see what else she has done. We have made whole worlds in Eastern style, Middle-Eastern and medieval styles and others. I make the sims, she does the housing. Sawdust is one of the most talented builders I've come across and what she does with no cc but by combining items is truly amazing. :)

Hello @Jendowoz0612 :) I have been enjoying seeing the builds that she has been posting in her showcase thread in the Creative Corner section of these forums. She is a very talented and creative builder! :)
  • ClairkPClairkP Posts: 136 Member
    G'day @sawdust finally found our new forum. Couldn't find out where I post the announcement that I'm back, so you got elected. You haven't seen anything of me for awhile as I have been sick. At my age you get hit with everything that goes around and some that isn't. It's really hot here, 42 today, 41 yesterday. Hope everyone is keeping well, read some of the posts, seems everyone is coming down with extreme cases of Okerism. Can't blame them, have to show these outsiders that us Anzacs are a breed apart. Not much more to say, just thought I would let you know that I'm still alive and kicking for now.
    Allergic to Trolls
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Oh my goodness that looks amazing, especially the actual screenie with the moon, just makes your building look even more spectacular :)
    I know @mcrudd. I love that picture and just had to get it while I could. :)
    edited January 2018
    ClairkP wrote: »
    G'day @sawdust finally found our new forum. Couldn't find out where I post the announcement that I'm back, so you got elected. You haven't seen anything of me for awhile as I have been sick. At my age you get hit with everything that goes around and some that isn't. It's really hot here, 42 today, 41 yesterday. Hope everyone is keeping well, read some of the posts, seems everyone is coming down with extreme cases of Okerism. Can't blame them, have to show these outsiders that us Anzacs are a breed apart. Not much more to say, just thought I would let you know that I'm still alive and kicking for now.

Glad to see you here, sad to hear you've been unwell. Hope you're back on full steam ahead now. Unless we get some "children categories" in the future anything you want to post all comes under the one ANZ category from now on.
    edited February 2018
    Icarus Research Base - Scifi Family Home - 40 x 30 lot
    4 bed, 5 bath - $359,749

Few more pictures.

This is a fantasy scifi build for a family of nerd types. Has a Laboratory in the basement with medical facilities, biology department, robotics lab and chemistry lab. Even though the sauna, DJ booth and podium are being utilised as alternative objects they are still fully functional as intended. There is an empty room off the Robotics Lab that can be utilised as a laundry if you have the pack. The lot includes the basic rocket base for your budding astronaut and also has an Observatory on the top level. The four bedrooms include a double bed, 5 singles, a toddler bed and each bedroom has it's own bathroom.

qJDjyFd.png

Looks awesome, @sawdust :)

That looks absolutely amazing <3
    Thanks @Jendowoz0612 and @mcrudd. It started out as a 2 bed pod camp ... I got carried away. :D
  • Tatts65Tatts65 Posts: 84 Member
    They look awesome.
    edited February 2018
    The exterior design and the layout of Icarus Research Base looks so very creative! :) The dome roofing looks very great! The design of the entrance area with the slanted walls and the glass tiling roofing looks very nice! Very nice design and furnishing of each of the robotics, chemistry and biology labs, and the medical facilities room! They look great ! Science sims will enjoy living there and using the scientific equipment . It looks very nice how the sleeping and living areas are set up.
    It is a very detailed and creatively designed science themed home! :)
    edited February 2018
    Family Cape Cod - Residential - 30 x 20 lot
    3 or 4 bed, 2 bath - $101,862

My tester family needed a place to stay while they worked on their new skill lines after I purchased Cats and Dogs and this is what they got. :)

It is furnished as a 3 bed home but can be easily converted to 4 bedrooms. It has separate dining as well as a semi-enclosed back porch for lazing away the Brindleton Bay evenings. The garage is equipped for the handyman and pets will find their necessary supplies out here too. The master bedroom has it's own full bathroom as well as walk in robe. The other two bedrooms are equipped for a toddler and a child. It has a laundry but I don't have the pack to fully equip it, instead you will find a sink and hamper along with a clothes pile so you can't miss which room it is. Hope you like it. :D

Some more pictures here.

NboN3wi.png?1

KcY98NK.png

Brindleton Vet Clinic and Brindleton Vet's Home

Today I bring a 2 for 1 Deal with a Vet Clinic and then refurbished to make a Vet's Home.

Brindleton Vet Clinic
    Cost $45,111

Brindleton Vet's Home - 30 x 20 lot
    2 bed, 1 bath - $46,448

See more pictures for both here.

The Clinic is small but well appointed with two examination tables, surgery machine, lab table and medicine fridge. It would suit a Sim just starting out or who doesn't want to grow too big a practice.

tL01rGi.png

5Mh1MYU.png

The Vet's home has a living room, kitchen/dine, master and a child's bedroom. The third bedroom has been transformed into a Vet's room with an examination table and lab table for making treats etc. The cosy house leads out onto a large backyard with obstacle course for pets.

n0zJtQ1.png
    Looks awesome, @sawdust

Warehouse 33 - Sci-fi Nightclub
    30 x 20 lot

See more pictures here.

This is in the same area as my Icarus Research Base as part of my Sci-fi/Fantasy theme for that neighbourhood. This old Warehouse has been taken over by an Underground group disgruntled with the current Government. Here they drink, dance, and rave. Some even take up the brush and paint their "rage" on the walls. Being far from the city they suffer little interference but don't think you can be totally lawless here as the "Robobouncers" will soon throw you out on your ear if you cause any grief. Especially leave the Alien Dance Girls alone. They're there to do a job and don't need jerks trying to smash the glass. ;)
    Downstairs is the main dance floor and bar area while upstairs has a lounging area and stage floor for performing artists. Amenities are in the basement. Hope you have fun! :D

lkKv0D8.png

ps. I'm afraid I still can't load the online Gallery to share links but I should have a new pc up and running soon so here's hoping. :)
    Excellent and I love the story that goes with it, @sawdust :)

Thanks @Jendowoz0612. Every picture tells a story. :)

Now I'm gonna have Rod Stewart singing my head all day. Ah well, could be worse things in life. :D
    AweSim builds @sawdust hope you get your gallery working again :)
    Thanks @mcrudd. It seems it's IE11 that's the problem. There are a couple of other sites that won't load either. I've got a new pc with win10, just waiting on my son to put it together for me. :)
  • aussiekarimaaussiekarima Posts: 1,170 Member
    ~ I love the new build & the back story,both are excellent! <3B)<3 I will watch out for those bouncers!LOL! ;)
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif
    Gallery Link-aussiekarima