Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Read The Book Titles?

Or their descriptions? I'm sitting here watching Expedition Unknown and playing the game at the same time. So I decided to have my sim buy some new books to read, and I'm under Fantasy, just reading and laughing at the Game of Throne parody. Then I see this one: Point Farmer No More: The Downfall of Grant Rodiek. "Grant Rodiek falls in love with a Corgi named Peaches, and neglects to farm points."

I almost spit out my hot tea at that. lol Sorry if someone posted this before, I just found it really enjoyable and wanted to share. :D
epngF25.png
It's up to Nancy!
My YouTube!

Comments

• PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    They are funny! One of the subtle parts of the game I love.

P.S.- Expedition Unknown is one of my favorite shows. I might have to CAS Josh Gates.
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I think I'm going to sit here and read all of them. They are very witty. Really loving them. And, um, can I get your Josh? I love him! Did you ever watch Destination Unknown? That was his old show on SyFy when it was called SciFi. lol
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    "50 Shades On My Windows"

"How I Dumped Your Father"

these two book titles are memorable :p
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    I love the book titles, descriptions and authors it's great. :D

I find a lot of item descriptions in the game to be pretty funny. Some of my favorites~

'A Game of Groans'

'Lucas Dark and the increasingly unlikely series of accidents'

'Taking Control: The futility of trying'

The last one is my favorite~ <3
    5vJrxmT.png
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    My fav. is "love in the time of sandwiches" - always makes me want a sandwich.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    "The First Unicorn" obviously is a parody of the movie "The Last Unicorn".

My older sister and I used to have it recorded (on VHS cassette) a very long time ago.

Ah, the memories... :blush:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Yes, they are funny. I did not get the Point Farmer joke even though I am a little bit familiar with Josh Gates.

I do try to have different sims vary up the books in their bookshelves so that they aren't all the same. I do wish that it were easier to customize the books in the bookshelves at the libraries so that they could be more varied.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • KarliaKarlia Posts: 310 Member
    I read all book titles and descriptions. I especially like Atlas Hugged (though younger people probably won't understand) and chuckle at it every time. Small things like that are proof to me that the sims isn't just for kids because no child would understand that reference.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I do, I find those descriptions hilarious. I do the same with products in Buy Mode as well, got a few laughs from those also. xD
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    It would be nice if we could make our own: Lost Treasures by U. Tryenfindem.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Occasionally I read the titles. I never read the descriptions.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    edited February 2018
    Lord of the Swings anyone? Ring a bell? One SWING to rule them all or something? Plunder Games? Frequently Ending Story?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • MeishakMeishak Posts: 28 Member
    I always read the titles and descriptions. Those little things in the game make me laugh
  • aujinehaujineh Posts: 454 Member
    This attention to detail is just one of the indications of the care and wit the devs put into making this game. Also why each release takes so long at times. It's not just the coding - it's the customizing and just simply making the game so entertaining especially to those of us with an imagination and/or an appreciation for the little things.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    It would be nice if we could make our own: Lost Treasures by U. Tryenfindem.

If your sim writes a book, you can. :)

And I've read them before to look for hidden gems. There are a lot of amusing ones there.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    "The First Unicorn" obviously is a parody of the movie "The Last Unicorn".

My older sister and I used to have it recorded (on VHS cassette) a very long time ago.

Ah, the memories... :blush:

Ooh I remember that one! When I was quite young the red bull (I think that's what he was called) scared me brainless :P I loved that movie so much.

Also, yes, I read the titles and descriptions. Some are so funny :D
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • MidagereMidagere Posts: 67 Member
    Yeah, the names are hilarious! I thought I'll die of laugh when I firstly read the Game of Groans. :D When my Sims write their own books, I also try to rewrite the original titles to funny versions. Maas' books and Cass' books are the best :D
    giphy.gif
    After all, He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named did great things. Terrible, yes. But great.
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Both names and descriptions, they're funny. :D Also if I have writer sim, when sim writes a new book, I add some title and description that refer to other sims.
  • fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,488 Member
    i do. i find them very amusing and witty.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    I like reading the titles too. Love the sense of humor of the Sims. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    I think I'm going to sit here and read all of them. They are very witty. Really loving them. And, um, can I get your Josh? I love him! Did you ever watch Destination Unknown? That was his old show on SyFy when it was called SciFi. lol

Just created him! He didn't turn out as well as I was hoping but oh well, haha. I struggle to CAS male sims. My gallery name is PninaSims. I love Destination Unknown too!