Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unnatural Hair colors for kids and toddlers ?

Why isn't that a thing still ? I want my kiddos to have blue and green hair...
= Sims Player for 17+ Years =
tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif

Comments

• surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    I think my game is bugged, because if a parent has an unnatural hair color, sometimes their kids do too and i love it!
    Like yuki Behr passed her blue hair down to her son. And I gave my heir sim pink hair, and 1 of her sons got pink hair. I didn't actively play these sims though, so i don't remember what color hair they had as toddlers.... But im not complaining.
  • KarliaKarlia Posts: 310 Member
    This is another thing I don't understand in this game. It's like, we have aliens, vampires and male pregnancy but kids can't have unnatural hair colors, what sense does that make?! Luckily there is a mod that fixes this: http://simscommunity.info/social/resources/genetic-unnatural-hair-colours-for-kids-game-packs.334/
    You do have to register on the site though, which is a bit of a pain.
  • RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    Karlia wrote: »
    This is another thing I don't understand in this game. It's like, we have aliens, vampires and male pregnancy but kids can't have unnatural hair colors, what sense does that make?! Luckily there is a mod that fixes this: http://simscommunity.info/social/resources/genetic-unnatural-hair-colours-for-kids-game-packs.334/
    You do have to register on the site though, which is a bit of a pain.

Oh nice !!! This will do for now !
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    surraaaaaa wrote: »
    I think my game is bugged, because if a parent has an unnatural hair color, sometimes their kids do too and i love it!
    Like yuki Behr passed her blue hair down to her son. And I gave my heir sim pink hair, and 1 of her sons got pink hair. I didn't actively play these sims though, so i don't remember what color hair they had as toddlers.... But im not complaining.

Colourful hair can be passed on if you use the genetics tool in CAS on relatives that are teen plus, I believe. Also if you download cc hair sometimes people don't mark the colours correctly, if you don't mark the colours at all I think it just picks a random colour when playing with genetics, and sometimes people put unnatural colours as natural colours (there are tickboxes for this in sims 4 studio.) Did you play with genetics, or have any CC hairs?
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    surraaaaaa wrote: »

Colourful hair can be passed on if you use the genetics tool in CAS on relatives that are teen plus, I believe. Also if you download cc hair sometimes people don't mark the colours correctly, if you don't mark the colours at all I think it just picks a random colour when playing with genetics, and sometimes people put unnatural colours as natural colours (there are tickboxes for this in sims 4 studio.) Did you play with genetics, or have any CC hairs?

Nope, neither. I like to continue the townies through generations, so i just pop in and try for baby, then leave. And with my heir, she tried for baby with Gunther munch, and as soon as the baby was born I moved it into his house.
    So maybe its something with unplayed or unfavorited households, because I mark every household beside my heirs unplayed.