Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 in 2018 - what do you still want simmers?

Comments

• Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    I want University or even a new type of expansion for teens like High School. The teen life stage needs some more teen activities. I'd also like to have a sort of carnival again for sims to visit, maybe something that provides a few options and comes every certain number of days or something like that.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • LavenderlightsLavenderlights Posts: 76 Member
    Improvements to sim AI, improvements to emotions, and more (dire) consequences. That's all I need from them before we move on.
  • KarliaKarlia Posts: 310 Member
    I too wish for a couple of things, some of them have been mentioned before. This list is in no particular order.
    1. Recolorable Ceilings and that the underside of the roof matches the trim color.
    2. Seasons, or at least weather. The tagline in my signature is a bit too literal for my taste.
    3. University as well as the return of the private school and boarding schools.
    4. More supernaturals, mainly witches but also zombies and werewolves.
    5. Small pets, or at least the ability feed the ones we have and to name your frogs as well.
    6. A tropical or warm summer vacation spot. Granite falls is lovely but it's a bit boring by now.
    7. More love for our elders. More hobbies for them, more elder interactions. Walking canes and knitting.
    8. Cars. It worked in Sims 2 without open world and as long as my sims actually open and close the doors I'll be happy.
    9. More deaths / drama happening autonomously. All my sims die from old age unless I force a different death. It's boring.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Seasons and Witches :)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    University expansion with updated educational opportunities for children and teens and an active education career.

Witches game pack.

Option for self-employment.

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Ideally, if I could choose what to add before the game ends, I would have these things:

1. A Fear emotion that also ties into a new personality system for choosing a Sim's personal phobias and wants.

2. A traits overhaul so that a Sim's traits influence their emotions more, as well as several new traits and a trait randomizer for CAS.

3. I want a loaded Magic expansion pack that thoroughly explores Spellcasters, including Voodo Mambos who can raise the dead into zombies, Druids who can influence plants and animals, Wizards, Witches, Sorcerers, and Alchemists who can make transfiguring potions like Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde, and ways to create more undead like Frankenstein's monster and mummification rituals.

4. A Mythology pack with Elves, Fae Folk (both dark and light, so we can have evil, child-stealing fairies like in the old legends), Werewolves and Shapeshifters, Satyrs, Mermaids, Minotaurs, ancient Greek and Egyptian Gods, etc., and a new world of fantastical places.

5. I'd love a pack with Superheroes and Enhanced Humans with special powers, that would bring back crime into the world and a little chaos. <3

4. Weather and Seasonal changes.

5. Funerals and Graveyards that we can build, complete with a creepy NPC gravedigger who lurks around digging new graves when someone dies.

6. A Wild West pack with old frontier styles, horses and some other farm animals, and ways to play "off the grid".

7. A Kingdoms pack with noble reputations, a variety of cultured royalty designs in both CAS and build/buy, as well as historic designs.

8. A romance pack with personal attractions and repellants, new interactions, a getaway, new dating options, matchmaking, speed dating, romantic dancing, love triangles, crushes, new rejections, more intimate relationships.

9. Neighborhood tools. A way to be able to at least have some ability to alter the public areas.

10. Toning down the happy buffs! Omg. And some new simulation AI so that when Sims are angry at each other, they act appropriately. (This goes for other "non-happy" emotions too.)

So that's my top ten, I think, but not necessarily in order of preference. More like my ultimate wish list.

Oh darn, I forgot one more thing....Pirates! I want an open sea world with small islands that we can explore as buccaneers and find treasure and the deadly Sirens and face sea monsters and recruit shipwrecked sims to our crew and have battles. Yar!
    #Team Occult
  • Reallysoawkward23Reallysoawkward23 Posts: 175 Member
    1. Beach vacation
    2. University
    3. Swings and other playground equipment
    4. More careers (especially traditional careers, not stuff like reality TV star or whatever)
    5. Cars
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    A school day game pack with Tweens added and a teacher/professor job
    Sims to actually go to the doctors and get cured like pets instead of just taking medicine
    Firemen/Firemen job like in Sims 3 go to the houses and put out the fire.
    Police not like GTW but call the police because Burglars also call police on neighbor if they still being loud in San Myshuno.
    Cars/transportation new job Sims job Uber and Lyft.
    More Building
    Swim in ocean
    Open neighborhood because I think it is stupid to have a loading when your neighbors are just right there.
    More Supernatural stuff
    Sports Day Stuff
    Wedding Stuff with an engagement ring and wedding band for the female Sims.
    Longer hair and more Afro hair.

• 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    City with celebrities and radio stations
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Sims 5
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    in 2018

Seasons to be the Expansion of the Year
    Werewolves GP and Sorcerers GP, Because after GP 5 we would have had two "normal" Game Packs Since Vampires, So I think it's only fair.
    Since Launch I've wanted Favorites, I think it would help with individuality, uniqueness, especially with emotional depth.

those would be the 4 core things I would like to come in 2018-2019.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • nellynxnellynx Posts: 34 Member
    Seasons is my #1. I'd LOVE if seasons came with swimmable beaches.
    UlpuBp.gif

• flxraeflxrae Posts: 1 New Member
    Headscarves like hijabs, Al-Amira, Shayla, Khimar and many others
  • AericiaAericia Posts: 110 Member
    Attraction system like in TS2 - for me - only this.

I can't stand these mess right now. And I can't play... My Sims flirting with everyone, who looks like human. My Sim have date with his love but in the middle of meeting he start to flirt with bald, adult guy?
    Origin ID: ukyojin
    Unofficial Polish Forum - simtopia.pl
  • JewlzdadivaJewlzdadiva Posts: 1 New Member
    I think a maternity stuff pack would be nice, the clothing can be limited that doesn't make them look weird...or general pregnancy themed items.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'd definitely want Seasons and swimmable beaches/vacations, ideally with a tropical theme. I'd also like to see a Love GP that develops romance in a similar way to Parenthood.

I'd likely be interested in a Farm pack. I probably would be interested in a very well-developed education pack especially if it dealt with education as a whole, such as for children, teens, universities and even adult/online continuing education or classes. If an education pack is more limited then I might skip it.

I would like to see more activities. I probably would go for a sports or freetime pack. I'm still open to the SPs if the themes and content interest me. I'm ok with being surprised or with being allowed to vote again.

I hope that we aren't nearing the end of the development cycle for this game. I know it will happen at some point but I'm definitely still interested in the "live" aspect of this game such as the patches and new content.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    - Seasons
    - Bunkbeds for toddlers too
    - Better babies & teens
    - Cars
    - NPC burglars, firefighters, police
    - Vacations
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • dogboy678dogboy678 Posts: 200 Member
    TOLKIEN wrote: »
    Coming into its 4th year this September (yes it will be 4 years!) I was thinking back on what the Sims 4 has done and want I still want for it (realistically speaking). So assuming this is the Sims 4 final year for the sake of this discussions - it came down (for ME) to these five things.

Expansions:

1. Seasons...not only do they add weather, environment changes and game play - they add the passage of time into the world.

2. Grade 1-12 School expansion....I've had enough university...I'd like to see something new and I think this would be a lot of fun.

Game packs:

3. Medieval or renaissance fair game pack world...there is so much amazing medieval user content and items in-game, I'd love a proper place to use them.

4. Beach Sports game pack...I'd like to take my sims to the beach, get a tan and enjoy some beach volleyball or throw a football...

Stuff Pack

5. The garage...as a free update the game finally adds cars to pick our sims up or drive them away. A stuff pack for more "unique" cars, activities would make sense then to follow up the patch.

Bonus : A color wheel for hair, because I will always want this.

Pretending this is the Sims 4 last year (and I'm not suggesting it is) - what would you still want for it?

Instead of renaissance FAIR I’d just scratch that off and have a Renaissance era world cut off from the others with the clothing of course
  • Sub0Sub0 Posts: 1 New Member
    I would love to see them make it online for Xbox and PC thatd be super cool. Me and my biddy have days where we just play in the same party and talk about our sims. Itd be cool if we could like room with our online friends and go do other things with friends in xboxlive and pc. Just something to think about.
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    For the millionth time, firefighters PLEASE.
  • Octavie88Octavie88 Posts: 140 Member
    Expansions
    1. Seasons
    2. University
    3. School life (high school and elementary, I don’t think they’d be nice enough to make one big education-themed pack)
    4. Showtime/Celebrity
    5. Farming

Game Packs
    1. Witches
    2. Fairies
    3. Werewolves
    4. Hobbies
    5. Tropical Vacation
    6. Winter Vacation

Stuff Packs
    1. Teen Stuff

Other things:
    2. Burglars
    3. Firefighters
    4. Option to change eyelashes/eyelash slider
    5. Improved traits and more than just 3 traits (For example, neat sims should have the option to clean the entire house at any time instead of just spraying stuff randomly and getting tenser when they’re in dirty surroundings. They should also not be able to use dirty things and not like slob sims.)
    6. Ability to choose length of ages
    7. Randomize trait option
    8. Pregnancies should be improved: If you have a bad pregnancy your child should be affected by this.
    9. Getting good grades in school should mean something, there should be penalties for doing badly in school such as getting bad traits when they age up: A lot of my sims never go to school and aren’t unaffected by it in any way besides a tense moodlet every now and then
    10. Fear emotion. Sims should get scared when they’re near ghosts, not just tense.
    11. Sims should not just go to casually talking to sims they were just mean to or broke up with.
    12. Sims should be able to kick out their lovers if they cheated on them or are getting divorced
    13. The ability to set sims skills: For example, you get 10 skill points you can give to your sims, so you could give them 3 points in the cooking skill, two in programming and so on. That way your sim isn’t a young adult and a completely blank slate.
    14. More careers: An official Fashion career, Teacher, Military…
    15. Add Simstagram as an official thing and not just for pets.
    16. Add an online dating option, the ability to propose during dinner, bachelor and bachelorette parties, turn on and offs…
    17. Bring favorites back
    18. Bunk beds!

And most of all...some story progression...and the option to turn it on and off or at least pick and choose the variables we want.
  • Moon_Simmer92Moon_Simmer92 Posts: 29 Member
    Seen as we have custom gender, logic dictates we should have a pronoun modifier too for the notifications and mood-lets.
    My Favourite Sims Games:1. The Sims 42. The Sims 3 (PC)3. The Sims Medieval4. The Sims 2
  • Moon_Simmer92Moon_Simmer92 Posts: 29 Member
    Oh and preferably an official version of the Go to School and Go to College mods, mods do NOT agree with my PC. :|
    My Favourite Sims Games:1. The Sims 42. The Sims 3 (PC)3. The Sims Medieval4. The Sims 2
  • SimmerSuper6464SimmerSuper6464 Posts: 224 Member
    1. Horses
    2. Seasons
    3. More Star Wars stuff
    4. Cars
    5. Small pets
    6. Laptop computers
    7. Pre teens
  • SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    I would spend a literal fortune on a Scott living furniture style pack of any kind. I want more options for furniture that are my style! I hate waiting for new packs to get new styles of furniture. My favorite part of the game is decking out my houses and now I find myself just making the same houses in different floor plans because I don’t have enough options. If maxis/ea got with the Scott brothers from property brothers to come up with a furniture pack it would be absolutely amazing. The furniture we get now is okay but so exaggerated sometimes that it doesn’t fit in the type of homes I like to create. And I really really really want a super high end kitchen pack. All new modern looking stainless steel appliances, trash compactors back, white, dark wood, light wood and grey cabinets with different color marble/quartz looking countertops. Some copper finish appliances (all matching finishes pleeeease) and while I’m at it... a two tile shower and a big soaker tub. I know there’s plenty of cc but I really prefer maxis match and I don’t use cc anymore. I just really love big baths in real life and walk in showers are also popular in modern times so a two tile shower with a waterfall shower head would really, really help me enjoy the game like 50000 times more. I want my rich sims to live the life of luxury and have the best of the best!