Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is TS4 Cats & Dogs worth it?

124...Next

Comments

• notmothergothelnotmothergothel Posts: 42 Member
    Kinda.
    I voted kinda because I wish I had waited for a sale. It's a nice EP but I think I could be better.
  • ABearCatABearCat Posts: 61 New Member
    Yes!
    It adds so much in just one pack. But I agree that it is better to get it on sale. There are a few downers though, like not being able to train cats.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Kinda.
    I finally decided to take a chance on it because I really wanted dogs in the game.

Unfortunately, I wasn't impressed.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • MarcelinaMarcelina Posts: 167 Member
    No.
    No, not really which is unfortunate because this is the only expansion pack that I was really looking forward to. In comparison to The Sims 3 pets, this is a big no. This expansion seriously lacks items for dogs and it seems to be just focused on cats. When I first jumped into the game and looked into the new items, I was seriously disappointed. I was in disbelief because this pack just lacks items in general. We only got 2 pet beds? Where are the kennels? Where are the rodents? Where are the birds? And we only get a squeaky toy and a ball for the dogs? You must be joking.

At first, I liked the idea of not being able to control our pets and not being able to see their needs but after playing for a bit I was seriously bored. Not very many interactions either.. and why in the world do dogs need permission to go "potty"? I mean, come on... the only good thing I can say about this pack is that the animals are cute. But overall, this pack seems empty.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Yes!
    Besides the bugs, this pack introduces a lovely new experience to the game. The cats and dogs this time around are very vibrant in their personalities, and with the addition of the vet it adds another layer of depth to this pack that previous packs didn’t have. I’d reccomend getting it on sale because why not save your money?
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Yes!
    CAS and new world are great, and I'm satisfied with interactions, though I'd like owners and pets & especially pets and pets to interact more. Overall, pets with vet career expand game a lot.
  • ZaraZara Posts: 115 Member
    Yes!
    If the pets weren't so cute then it would definitely not be worth it because of the unreasonable pricetag.
    I make profile pics and signatures for free. hmu if interested.
    kky9DsT.gif
  • ernesdoernesdo Posts: 1,476 Member
    Yes!
    I should note I got it $5 off (I recommend getting every pack during a sale ;) ) but I am thrilled with the pack! Even if I don't have a pet for every family, the items, clothing, and world make it worth it to me. My only regret is that I went through a dog breeding frenzy when a mod (MC) made the puppy lifespan 6 or 7 days, so it got annoying fast lol I don't recommend breeding your dogs multiple times really close together if you're also managing a large family (esp if you're a control freak)

Also, one negative is that I can't seem to figure out how animals decide if they'll like each other or not. It can mess plans up, which can be a positive or negative, depending on how you look at it
  • TheGoodCrumpetTheGoodCrumpet Posts: 1 New Member
    Yes!
    I don't own the pack but I'm still excited for it. I had both TS2 and TS3 Pets. But now I want to experience the upgraded version of it.
  • 0xx_Simmer_xx00xx_Simmer_xx0 Posts: 196 Member
    Yes!
    100% It's my second favourite expansion.
  • kismetkismet Posts: 61 Member
    Kinda.
    I have the pack, it's a good game. I wish they could have added more different types of pets besides cats and dogs though. Maybe birds, and reptiles would have been a nice addition. Snakes and maybe bug collecting too. However it's a solid pack but does not blow anything away. I believe the vegetarian trait is a new trait that comes with the pack. It's very cute. But like I said the pack could have had way more depth.
    Kinda.
    I would also like to add that I love how they did the pets in this game, you can not control them. You have to pay attention to them to know their needs. So it adds a nice realistic touch to the game. You can't even view the needs bar. All the more reason to give your kitty extra snacks and snuggles.
  • AbyArashiAbyArashi Posts: 386 Member
    Yes!
    Pets add a lot to the game, also the new world and the furniture are stunning so I would say totally yes!
    My Origin ID is AbyArashi
  • SubmarineSubmarine Posts: 3,424 Member
    kismet wrote: »
    I have the pack, it's a good game. I wish they could have added more different types of pets besides cats and dogs though. Maybe birds, and reptiles would have been a nice addition. Snakes and maybe bug collecting too. However it's a solid pack but does not blow anything away. I believe the vegetarian trait is a new trait that comes with the pack. It's very cute. But like I said the pack could have had way more depth.

@kismet I'm pretty sure Vegetarian comes with City Living, because I don't have cats & dogs, but I do have the vegetarian trait. :)
    I won Game of the Year in the 2nd annual Scummies Awards!
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub

Kinda.
    > @DatSubmarineYourLookingFor said:
    > kismet wrote: »
    >
    > I have the pack, it's a good game. I wish they could have added more different types of pets besides cats and dogs though. Maybe birds, and reptiles would have been a nice addition. Snakes and maybe bug collecting too. However it's a solid pack but does not blow anything away. I believe the vegetarian trait is a new trait that comes with the pack. It's very cute. But like I said the pack could have had way more depth.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > @kismet I'm pretty sure Vegetarian comes with City Living, because I don't have cats & dogs, but I do have the vegetarian trait. :)

I see. I have both but I'm not sure! I just assumed it'd make sense coming with the pets expansion.
  • LivthernLivthern Posts: 7 New Member
    Yes!
    Look, I personally believe Sims 4 pets. I was bummed when I spilled lemonade on my computer and all my packs were gone (still tryna get that going) but while I had the pets pack, (for 4 months) I enjoyed it. I didn’t experience any bugs, there were a immense amount of breeds for both cats AND dogs. I didn’t play with cats but once for a story I made with an old witch. The puppies are adorable and I saw a comment about there being 2 dog toys. If you buy a toy box and click on it you can buy excess toys. I overall think it’s worth the $40 and you get to become a vet, there’s dog parks, a new world, new furniture, and new clothing.

Thanks for reading, I do however recommend waiting for a sale if you’re uninterested in spending the $40 USD
  • HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    Yes!
    Since it's an expansion pack you'd find on sale, I'd get it then. That isn't to say the EP is not good, I just think that if a person didn't get it on release they should take advantage of the opportunity to save money (I wish I could be that person more often :( ).
    As far as the pack is concerned, I really like it. I tend to play with dogs more, but I love them. I love the pet and sim CAS and build items. The vet career is good, although I tend not to get very far in the business gameplay so I don't know all you get in it.
    Like what others have said, whether you get it is dependent on what you want in your gameplay. Right now, I'm hoping my sim can bring her cat to uni.
    HSau :)
  • crua9crua9 Posts: 43 Member
    Kinda.
    It depends on the type of dog/cat you want. But overall I think it is worth it.
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top