March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGuru Grant hints at new content?

Comments

• 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    @Chazzzy Not really, he blocked all simmers on Twitter :tongue:

Yes he blocked me as well.
    Oooooohhhh I am getting sick and tired of him doing this on us from asking about future features! GOD!!
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    @Chazzzy Not really, he blocked all simmers on Twitter :tongue:

Yes he blocked me as well.
    Oooooohhhh I am getting sick and tired of him doing this on us from asking about future features! GOD!!

Are you constantly tweeting them asking when hip hop will be added? Caaaause id hit the block button too lmao
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • PurpleCheshirePurpleCheshire Posts: 96 Member
    @12JEREMIA It's not because people asked him about future features. He blocked most simmers for no reason
    39901666071_622df5aee5_o.jpg
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I think it's supposed to be a personal account, so he doesn't really want work stuff to mix with his personal life.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    @icmnfrsh Then why is he talking about The Sims? Why was he answering questions about Cats and Dogs from that account?
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Did he? I wasn't really sure.

I mean, you can still talk about Sims as a player in your personal time. I wasn't aware he answered questions about C&D there, because all I heard was that he blocked simmers trying to contact him.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

I mean, you can still talk about Sims as a player in your personal time. I wasn't aware he answered questions about C&D there, because all I heard was that he blocked simmers trying to contact him.

He could have been talking about it with someone he knows IRL. Im pretty sure it must be common for people working in gaming to have friends or family who are super in to a product they work on. Especially if you hang out with other gamers
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
    No, he was answering questions from different simmers and that's when I found out he blocked my a lot of other people.
    @12JEREMIA It's not because people asked him about future features. He blocked most simmers for no reason
    You know what I got tired of Grant and his darn issues yo! For real, I really do!
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    Grant: blinks

Forum: "ALL-SEEING EYE EP/GP HINT?"
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

Isn’t that the whole idea of Twitter? Contacting others?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    I actually don’t blame him for blocking people. That’s his personal account. Any questions he answers is his choice, but I wouldn’t want to be bombarded with constant Sims related questions.
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    edited February 2018
    I feel like the SimGurus are training for April Fools here.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    If he only wants to talk to people he knows in real life then he should make his account private. That's literally what that setting is there for.

That and people who want to use their account for nefarious purposes, which I will not go into further detail about *wink wink*
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    We need to stay on topic and stop talking about Grant himself or they will close this thread.
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    There is no hint. End of story. If we want to find something out we wait for an official announcement.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    We need to stay on topic and stop talking about Grant himself or they will close this thread.
    OK, but Danny! I want Grant and the other developers to stop with the joke OK, and I want him to unblock us or I will block him myself!
    EA Moderators, close this thread it's getting on my nerves!
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    edited February 2018
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    OK, but Danny! I want Grant and the other developers to stop with the joke OK, and I want him to unblock us or I will block him myself!
    EA Moderators, close this thread it's getting on my nerves!

Why are you upset?

Grants probablys just mad because he messed up and lost his simguru status so he blocks people who asks him questions because he clearly can't handle talking people in a friendly PR way.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Moderators don't visit the Speculation and Rumour section of the forum so it's highly unlikely it will be closed.
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    You could literally fill in [redacted] with ANYTHING in the world. Anything. Is he talking about future content? Yes. It just isn’t a hint about anything specific. A hint has to have something to latch onto. There’s nothing there. He could be talking about anything.

• Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    edited February 2018

Yes I am blocked and I have never even tweeted at him before
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »

Yes I am blocked and I have never even tweeted at him before

I’m the same. Oh well. I wouldn’t have tweeted him anyhow.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Umm. It sounds like something youd see in the general discussions area. How on earth are you getting a hint of any kind from this?
    So done with the speculation end of things now. Y'all are so desperate and thirsty you'd take someone going to a funeral as a hint for a pack.
    You are aware what section you’re in ;)?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    Why did Grant lose his Guru status?
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited February 2018
    I actually don’t blame him for blocking people. That’s his personal account. Any questions he answers is his choice, but I wouldn’t want to be bombarded with constant Sims related questions.

I would say though that given his position, it's probably wise to at least officially state why he hits the block button. Even a simple statement such as "I like to answer various different fans so I tend to block names I feel I've seen before or have already answered" would be reasonable enough and fully within his right of choice.

I'll bet you though that some people take it personal when he blocks them out of the blue and that only sours community concensus about him.

Looks like a private account though. Are people sure he doesn't have another one for business? I'd wanna seperate my work from my private life too.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top