Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think theres a chance we COULD get active school for Teens and Children , like get to work?

I really want to go to school with my teens and kids and have since sims 2. I dislike sending them off to nowhere world, for 7 hours instead of being more real .

That and a EP for hobbies is about all I need right now to make my game perfect.

Comments

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I would say that there are two chances. Slim chance and fat chance. LOL! Just kidding. They want to try new things so a farm pack and an education pack are possible.
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    i hope not.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    I would enjoy going to school with my Sims. I hope we do get the option of adding it to our games.
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    I think there is a chance.
    I wouldn't want this though, already with active careers playing a bigger family takes a lot of work because they only let you control one sim at a time. I also don't really want or care about seeing my kids schooling process in game, especially if it is anything like GTW careers.

I would be ok with a homeschooling option as long as it mostly had my kids on the home lot so I could manage all of them and their family, because, yeah, it isn't really fun to just send off kids to kill seven hours doing what seems like nothing.

Hobbies would be amazing, I agree with you there.
  • micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    I really wish we had the homeschool option. I would actually rather have that then being able to follow my Sims to school.
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    i hope not.

Well you could just not buy the pack. Kind of like vampires or different types of play. I still want it if others dont.
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I would love something like this. I would even love to follow my toddler to daycare sometimes. Maybe an education pack that allows you to follow your kids and teens to school and toddler to daycare opening up the options for your sims to be a teacher or a daycare provider. It could add after-school activities and proms. There could be tutoring if you're not doing well in school too. So many possibilities.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
    I would love something like this. I would even love to follow my toddler to daycare sometimes. Maybe an education pack that allows you to follow your kids and teens to school and toddler to daycare opening up the options for your sims to be a teacher or a daycare provider. It could add after-school activities and proms. There could be tutoring if you're not doing well in school too. So many possibilities.

I have been waiting for this for ages :) Because school is pointless for me right now without it. It would be so much more immersive for me and obviously lots of others , I have seen lots of others make the suggestion.But I would love to get some actual encouragement that this could be a thing <3@auroraael14
  • purpleviolet72purpleviolet72 Posts: 19 Member
    I'd rather not. I would rather have a home schooling option for my sims. Mostly because of the fact that you can really only control one sim at a time and if I'm already following one sim around in a career I don't really want to follow a sim in school.
    I'd rather not. I would rather have a home schooling option for my sims. Mostly because of the fact that you can really only control one sim at a time and if I'm already following one sim around in a career I don't really want to follow a sim in school.

Hmm well again ill just have to disagree. Its no different than following one child to school for University. I really want a university level experience for younger school age kids.

Home school does NOT appeal to me :p@purpleviolet72
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited January 2018
    With a horribly buggy retail system they can recycle, I don't see why not o:)
    i hope not.

Well you could just not buy the pack. Kind of like vampires or different types of play. I still want it if others dont.

I do think the commenter had the other problem in mind that they have to wait for a few months before their expected/desired pack is produced. Though honestly, I personally wouldn't mind whatever kind of game pack gets released. Let it be go-to-school sort of thing or not. I won't give a flip.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • KarliaKarlia Posts: 310 Member
    I don't think so and I'm glad about it. I don't really like the active careers and it would be very annoying to have to click on a "Send to school alone" choice box for every child in the household every single day.
    Karlia wrote: »
    I don't think so and I'm glad about it. I don't really like the active careers and it would be very annoying to have to click on a "Send to school alone" choice box for every child in the household every single day.

You wouldnt have to buy it. So being "happy" about it is just crazy. Why would you be happy that a gameplay style you dont like isnt being implemented? It just doesnt make sense. For example, if someone doesnt like supernatural they dont have to buy it, but you say you would be happier if no one else had the option to play that way, is just weird to me in my opinion @Karlia
    It would likely come with kids and teen clothes, which I would very much like to have. Why are you even opening a thread if you can't accept others' opinions? Why do you have to start a discussion with everyone who doesn't like your idea?
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    May I also add that I also would not really care about following my children to school as well? Especially if it's Teens, they get boring so quickly.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
    Karlia wrote: »
    It would likely come with kids and teen clothes, which I would very much like to have. Why are you even opening a thread if you can't accept others' opinions? Why do you have to start a discussion with everyone who doesn't like your idea?

That isnt the point. All of the packs are OPTIONAL. Thats why i think you saying you'd be happier if it wasnt an option is weird.And it really works both ways. I can disagree with you as well @Karlia

@paradiseplanet sure, you can say whatever you want to say and i still say I would love to go to school with kids and teens. Theres actually quite a lot of people who used the go to school mod, for kids , but I dont want to use an unreliable mod. An actual game pack would be better.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I'll say maybe but what I would like is if they would give the option to take notes in class to help with homework after school, have the option to do late homework as a chance card. Kids should do assignments st home for ex. book reports like read a book and write about it at the end of the week.
    Teens should on the computer have a mid term or final essay they should write, study for a test/finals like they did in Uni Sims 3 have like a study group and they study for test/finals coming up for like a week and Friday would be testing it all should depend on how much they studied for the final grade if they graduate with honors and a scholarship or not. Study for the test to get into college/uni when uni comes.
    So what if it's optional, a bad idea is still a bad idea. Seriously, let others have opinions that differ from yours. I'd much rather have private schools, boarding schools and Uni back than going to school with my kids.
  • EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    Let's take a deep breath and calm ourselves, we are all friends here :smiley:

Different opinions are allowed, so let's not get into arguments over that.

Thanks,
    -Mage
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Active careers are a lot of work and now you want active school too?

I don’t have that kinda time on my hands.
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Active careers are a lot of work and now you want active school too?

I don’t have that kinda time on my hands.

Oh good. I like having time .I have plenty ;)
  • AnokrahAnokrah Posts: 20 Member
    Someone already made this with a mod! It uses the mechanics introduced in "Get to Work".

zerbu.tumblr.com (I can't post proper links yet)

It's there on the sidebar. So there ya go.
    Anokrah wrote: »
    Someone already made this with a mod! It uses the mechanics introduced in "Get to Work".

zerbu.tumblr.com (I can't post proper links yet)

It's there on the sidebar. So there ya go.

I don't want a mod and I mentioned it above :*<3
  • AnokrahAnokrah Posts: 20 Member
    > @kaywilliams said:
    > Anokrah wrote: »
    >
    > Someone already made this with a mod! It uses the mechanics introduced in "Get to Work".
    >
    > zerbu.tumblr.com (I can't post proper links yet)
    >
    > It's there on the sidebar. So there ya go.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I don't want a mod and I mentioned it above :* <3

Ah, my bad. I didn't read through the entire thread. :sweat_smile:

The one I linked seems to be pretty good TBH. The creator keeps it updated to fix any bugs (such as C&D) breaking it.

I agree a proper game pack would be the best. Maybe something like, Sims 2 University?
  • ElleysimsElleysims Posts: 133 Member
    I wouldn't follow my kids to school to much probably but what they could do that would be great is to just let the kids have a hang out with friends option. All they can do is meet new kids but not hang out with them. Same with toddlers and meeting friends in day care and if they know how to talk, maybe tell the parents. That way, you can actually invite toddlers to parties. Right now, school just feels like a huge time sink that doesn't benefit the child.