Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Career do you want to see next?

Comments

• nellynxnellynx Posts: 34 Member
    Firefighter (includes the NPC!)
    Firefighter, I'd honestly love a "save the day" pack with the FF career (maybe more detailed? 24-48hr shifts and overtime?) Military could be added with something like this too.
    UlpuBp.gif

• VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Singer
    I'd love to have a Musician or Actor that you can play their work day.
    For Non-Playing careers I's like to have educators & lawyers available.
  • Simtarris22Simtarris22 Posts: 75 Member
    One of the Ambition Careers (Architect, Stylist, Inventor, please specify)
    FASHION DESIGNER!!!
  • John_CitronJohn_Citron Posts: 140 Member
    Self Employed Careers (Writer, Painter, Potion Maker, etc)
    How about if a Sim buys a business that becomes their career? It's amusing to see them work their pixels off at their businesses, but when showing their career it shows none, or when asked about it they say they're unemployed. Is this an oversight or a feature?
  • pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    Other (please specify)
    I would love a Law career! I want my sim to become a lawyer or a judge!
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Adventurer
    I voted for adventurer because of the upcoming GP, I figured that some version of that is coming. I am definitely looking forward to that.

Honestly, I'd be willing to see basically all of these in the game. More careers are always a good thing, the more the merrier in this case.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • WalflowerWalrusWalflowerWalrus Posts: 3 New Member
    Education
    I'd love an education career where you can go to work with your teacher sim. It'd be nice to also get to pick which level of children to teach, like preschool/kindergarten (toddlers), elementary (children), high school (teens). That'd be really neat.
  • MsLadii15MsLadii15 Posts: 6 New Member
    Education
    I want all of them because I am tired of the Rabbit holes. However, If I have to choose, It would be education.
  • Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    Paranormal (From sims 2, but could also include things like Fortune telling and Ghost hunting)
    Good grief, it was hard to decide which one because I would LOVE all of them!!
  • TodilooTodiloo Posts: 110 Member
    Education
    Education. Where you could either choose carrier path as professor at university (although if they plan on adding university as EP in the future that might be a difficult crossover if it is not a part of that particular EP) or be a teacher at elementary school.
    But something completely new would be really interesting, something that we haven't had in the previous sims games. I don't know what though.. x)
    Gallery ID: cykelnHH -mostly making realistic horseys
  • Reallysoawkward23Reallysoawkward23 Posts: 175 Member
    Military
    I chose military, but education is a very close second. One of the main reasons I want the military career to return is that it is a good ‘starter’ career for legacies, it’s a traditional/timeless career, and it is distinctive and very different from what we have right now. Plus it’s great for storytelling, in my opinion.
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    Paranormal (From sims 2, but could also include things like Fortune telling and Ghost hunting)
    I voted for Paranormal because anything and everything to do with the occult is my absolute favorite! But I'd also like to see education and acting. Maybe if they ever release a University pack they could add a Professor career. And maybe there could be a fame pack where you could become an actor, but other careers like politics and entertainer (comedian/musician) could also increase your social status. I know there's a road to fame mod already but I'd like to see something officially made. xD

Though I'd really rather see more game packs with occult life states and occult-related careers come out first. <3
  • YouYou Posts: 123 Member
    Actor
    Actor. That would be cool if you got to make movies, name them and make money off them
    I'm you.
  • MidnaMoonyMidnaMoony Posts: 5 New Member
    Singer
    A rockstar/popstar career would be cool. I guess singer is closest. Or a dancer maybe? Police officer?
  • robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    Other (please specify)
    I chose "other" because I want all of the listed careers to be brought back!
  • DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
    Military
    I chose Military but would like Education too, they would both need to be active careers though.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Singer
    I selected Singer because it is what I want more than the rest before the sims ends it's run. I want a lot of careers though and will be happy to see most of them on the list appear.
    egTcBMc.png
  • sneezepleasesneezeplease Posts: 18 Member
    I picked self-employed, because even though you technically can just do it that already, the sims is listed as "unemployed" even if they're making jillions of dollars in royalties or from selling paintings or dragonfruit or whatever. Just the ability to "register as" would be cool.

But I'd also love to see military, education, and legal careers. And the stylist career. And architecture. And adventurer.

So all of them, basically.
  • sneezepleasesneezeplease Posts: 18 Member
    > @sneezeplease said:
    > I picked self-employed, because even though you technically can just do it that already, the sims is listed as "unemployed" even if they're making jillions of dollars in royalties or from selling paintings or dragonfruit or whatever. Just the ability to "register as" would be cool.

Oh, and also the ability register as a veterinarian or a restaurant owner or whatever, too.
  • BoviraBovira Posts: 7 New Member
    Military
    I have always been rather sad that the military career never made it into the base game. Here's to hoping it'll come along someday! :)
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Military
    Military, but I want all.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • AriaVargasAriaVargas Posts: 5 New Member
    Other (please specify)
    Honestly I think it'd be interesting to include a therapist or counselor career. I tend to use sims to give life to my works of writing and sometimes it lacks in what careers I have some of my characters doing.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Other (please specify)
    I voted for other because I would eventually like to see all of the above.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • storminmaystorminmay Posts: 137 Member
    Education
    Education, then Firefighter. I don't think there's been an education option in any of the games? (Please correct me if I'm wrong.) My only concern is that the career ladder would be pretty bland, or done by grade level.

Such as, Classroom Assistant, Toddler Teacher, Elementary Teacher, Junior High Teacher (even though that age group doesn't necessarily exist in the game), High School Teacher, Assistant Principal, Principal, Superintendent, etc.
    Origin/Gallery ID: storminmay

The Venegas-Chan Family Tree
  • samlyt22samlyt22 Posts: 527 Member
    Education
    How about if a Sim buys a business that becomes their career? It's amusing to see them work their pixels off at their businesses, but when showing their career it shows none, or when asked about it they say they're unemployed. Is this an oversight or a feature?

I think the reason for that is that sims can only have one job at a time. So if their business showed up as their job then they wouldn't be able to have another job or multiple businesses. They did the same in sims 3 where you couldn't have a sim be a self-employed writer and have another job at the same time. Hopefully they will update it at some point though. I want to be able to have a job and register as self-employed or a business owner and have it show up in the career panel to track how much money they are earning that way.
    storminmay wrote: »
    Education, then Firefighter. I don't think there's been an education option in any of the games? (Please correct me if I'm wrong.) My only concern is that the career ladder would be pretty bland, or done by grade level.

Such as, Classroom Assistant, Toddler Teacher, Elementary Teacher, Junior High Teacher (even though that age group doesn't necessarily exist in the game), High School Teacher, Assistant Principal, Principal, Superintendent, etc.

They had an education career in 3, I think it came with Ambitions if I remember correctly. Funnily enough it was exactly as you described, a bit strange but perhaps a difficult career to split into 10 levels. I think it could be good if it has separate branches, with one focusing on teaching young children and the other focused on being a college/university lecturer. Really want more normal careers like that in my game.