Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Family Tree improvements

PurpleCheshirePurpleCheshire Posts: 96 Member
edited January 2018 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I feel like the main issue with Cats & Dogs is that they don't have their own UI. You can see their traits on the list of people your Sim knows, but what about family trees? What if we want to create many generations of pets? I had an idea - creators of the game should add a family tree button to that list:

28131058599_af8dd764e3_o.png

And then I had another idea - this button should be added to every person your Sim knows, that way we could easily see who's related to who.

39911296971_a94cdd49ca_o.png

Family trees themselves should be improved as well. I like that you can see your siblings and many generations of people before you and after you, but what about the rest of the family? Personally I find it annoying how you have to click on each Sim to find other relatives, in my opinion the family tree should also show all of your Sims' uncles, aunts, cousins, nieces and nephews and it would be so much easier to see the whole family.

What family trees currently look like:

25038723447_16fbfce5d0_o.jpg

What they should look like after clicking on any person in the family:

25038722997_cbbb5fc841_o.png

Please tag Sim Gurus to make sure they see our ideas and share your opinions and concepts!
39901666071_622df5aee5_o.jpg

Comments

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,934 Member
    Hmm...
    That is an interesting idea.
    I would like to see this in game.
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    I'd like to see your family tree idea. It drives me crazy that I have a Sim (Holly Alto) and I click on her uncle's (Bert Alto) family tree but she won't appear at all (her mother who was Bert's sister passed away). In the current family tree you can't see that the two are related!
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    And then what happens if say someone has a family tree that is HUGE and now you get to see ALL of it? That wouldn't work so well with those trees. I agree for smaller family trees, but not for large expansive families many generations old.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • PurpleCheshirePurpleCheshire Posts: 96 Member
    @paradiseplanet And that's why we can move the family tree to see more Sims. And it wouldn't bee a new problem, if your Sim has a lot of siblings or children, you already can't see them in the family tree window and you have click and drag to see their portraits.
    39901666071_622df5aee5_o.jpg
  • ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    There IS one, it's only hidden.
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    That would be cool.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Yes! I would KILL for a more expansive family tree! And one that doesn't disappear sims when they get culled :-/
  • HepburnismHepburnism Posts: 33 Member
    Ugh I have always wanted a family tree that would show the ENTIRE extended family.
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    Love this! The family trees drive me crazy because half the people in them don't show up where I want them. I also think we need more family label options (do we have step-relation labels? Can't remember) and CAS options, like setting an elder as a grandparent without having to make parents in CAS.
  • LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    I feel like the main issue with Cats & Dogs is that they don't have their own UI. You can see their traits on the list of people your Sim knows, but what about family trees? What if we want to create many generations of pets? I had an idea - creators of the game should add a family tree button to that list:

28131058599_af8dd764e3_o.png

And then I had another idea - this button should be added to every person your Sim knows, that way we could easily see who's related to who.

39911296971_a94cdd49ca_o.png

Family trees themselves should be improved as well. I like that you can see your siblings and many generations of people before you and after you, but what about the rest of the family? Personally I find it annoying how you have to click on each Sim to find other relatives, in my opinion the family tree should also show all of your Sims' uncles, aunts, cousins, nieces and nephews and it would be so much easier to see the whole family.

What family trees currently look like:

25038723447_16fbfce5d0_o.jpg

What they should look like after clicking on any person in the family:

25038722997_cbbb5fc841_o.png

Please tag Sim Gurus to make sure they see our ideas and share your opinions and concepts!

Omg yesss I just wrote something like this on one of my threads.
    LSM36 wrote: »
    And can we fix genealogy? Sims can be cousins but not even have the aunt or uncle in their personal family tree. And when there's limited ancestors, we should be able to make a create-a-sim portrait. And have the option of having that sim in world or not. And editing relationships.

Like:
    1. You have a sim you're making and decide to make her parents too. Cool.
    2. But you want her to take after her Grandma who doesn't exist. POP On Over to "Edit-Geneology-Mode"(trademark pending lol). Make Grandma add her traits. Maybe give her some fulfilled lifetime achievements (myb sims 3 era stuff). Add her beaus.
    3. Grandma married Grandpa Elroy but dated Louis Marx first, and Mom looks just like him.😱
    4. We could have a panel for "Past Relationships" sims can be exes. Ex bffs etc, without us having to cheat it all. Or suffer through it.
    5. Ooooh and we could add a "Search for Ancestry " sims who are the first in their families can have randomized backstories of where their ppl are from. Sims with ancestors can learn about the lives they lived.
    6. And I can FINALLY add relatives. MCC only has parent or siblings, or kids. What about aunts and uncle? Or if you have a relationship with multiple spouses we could have Mom/Dad #x or a difference between bio-parents and raising parents.

Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    And then what happens if say someone has a family tree that is HUGE and now you get to see ALL of it? That wouldn't work so well with those trees. I agree for smaller family trees, but not for large expansive families many generations old.

Why not just have a click option. If it gets too big click the middle and it will zoom in a few generations. Or right click one family line, and click "show only this family". You'll still know everyone, and all you need to do to see it is zoom out.
    Family tree projects would be a breeze.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Yeah for the moment it's really bad. Hope they'll fix it.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • 8Faith88Faith8 Posts: 3,546 Member
    I totally agree. I don’t understand why it doesn’t show aunties, uncles and cousins. It doesn’t even show who siblings are married to 😢
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    It would be nice to be able to click on any current generation sim and see the entire family tree.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    edited February 2019
    I wish the family tree window covered the whole screen, because my founder had 11 kids so I can't see all his grandchildren without scrolling left and right.
    Post edited by Mariefoxprice83 on
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Your ideas are really cool! Also, i want the game to stop culling the family ghosts (even the unplayed families ghosts), but they should appear in the manage household tabs if we wanted to edit them or delete them! Maybe the devs should add a toggle option to "auto-cleaning unused sims" of something, and let us (most of us) that don't want the game to be culling automatic do it ourselves when we want it!

@Erja888 this is annoying me, but i have to get it out hahahaha Bert is not Vita's brother... he's Nick's brother, in Sims 3 they even looked identical!

• SerioussimmerfornowSerioussimmerfornow Posts: 3 New Member
    Personally the biggest improvement I would like to see to the sims family trees is personality traits and more details about the sim's life. Possible past romances or careers or aspiration. They used to have personality traits, but removed it and I miss it incredibly. Does anyone else agree?