Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

do you think that the sims team are working on babies?

do you think that the sims team are working as in improving them actually making them a life state because to me they're not one. they're just a boring object. theres nothing much you can do with them in the sims 4. though in the other games there isn't much to do with them but at least in the sims 4 you could put them into the baby swing and pretend that everyone is spending time with eachother, like have the people interacting with them. you can have them with the rest of the family as in interacting beyond the bassinet. but do you think its possible that they could be working on improving them and making them an non object?
8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu

Comments

• JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Highly doubtful
  • GelysenGelysen Posts: 214 Member
    I honestly don't see that happening.
    My sims 4 wishlist:
    -Spiral, L&U shaped stairs-More hair colors-Alternative fashion(Goth,Punk,lolita)-More rabbit hole careers-Witches,Plantsims,Werewolves.
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    NOPE.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Why? They only had about 3 sim days before age up, in my games they rarely last that long. They actually do about as much as a rl newborn does. Eat, sleep, mess themselves, then cry. I don't know what else people want.
  • LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    @Pamtastic72 you can't do anything with them. with newborns you don't leave them in their cribs all the time. family members can hold them and interact with them. it would be nice that they bring the baby swing back or parents could hold their babies and not leave them in their bassinets all the time. even let children hold them too.((with a pillow in their lap. i had to do that with my baby cousin)) like bring some objects and clothing and hair because not every baby born is bald. even better facial features like the sims 2 babies had where you could tell what eye colour the baby had since not all babies look the same born. even if they're only around for 3 sim days add more things to make them fun or interesting to play as and if you need to bathe them put them in the sink to bathe them since you can't bathe them in the sims 3 or 4
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I hope they aren't wasting their time on a sim that ages up in three days.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I seriously doubt they'll do much with babies. Now that they've given us toddlers, and seeing how few differences there are between Sims 3 babies and Sims 4 ones... The only things I can remember being 'better' there is that you could lay them in the floor and carry them around. Cant remember if they could use the store content swings or not or if they were just for toddlers. Its been a while since I fought with played Sims 3.

I'd love to see improvements to babies, I just won't be holding my breath.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    They're probably not working on them but I would love to be wrong. I wished there was more to do with babies too. I hope if there is a sims five that babies are more like the toddlers with different personalities, hair and eye color, and the whole family can interact with them. It would be nice if we could actually make them in CAS as well.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    I would like to be able at least take a baby for a walk in the stroller
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I would like to be able at least take a baby for a walk in the stroller

For me, a baby burrito in a stroller would be boring. Toddlers would be more fun because they can react to things/people around them. But they made toddlers older so they wouldn't need strollers and, thus, no need for all those new animations.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    The baby lifestate is only 3 days on normal lifespan. I highly doubt they are working on changing it. I prefer the way the babies are and actually hate the toddler lifestate in game.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I doubt it to be honest, I really don't see the value in improving the babies.
  • HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    The only thing I hope they do is make chain interactions with babies available. If you stack up a bunch of interactions with the baby, your adult Sim picks up the baby, does the interaction, puts it down, picks it up, does the next interaction, puts it down, and so on; it takes longer than it should.

aSE16f8.gif
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited January 2018
    I mean babies don't do much in general no matter what iteration, which is pretty much right for that life stage.

Feed baby, change baby, rock baby in arms, talk/make funny faces at baby and put baby to sleep. Other than immersion purposes I don't see it being on their 'to-do' list. Think the only thing I'd even want with babies is some more variety of bassinets and probably just being able to change the babies clothes/onesie rather than whatever default one that they get. Even with a baby swing it'd still pretty much be just an object to interact with the baby rather than a bassinet, but hey it'd still be there at least for another option. Though I'd imagine the baby will just magically poof into it if it's not unlocked from the bassinet.

If anything I'd rather them touch the babies up. I swear none of the babies ever look all that cute in any sims game. :#
    5vJrxmT.png
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    I think we’ll eventually get an upgrade of some sort.

But nothing crazy. Babies are babies. I’m pretty sure they’re glorified Newborns rather than “babies”.
  • KarliaKarlia Posts: 310 Member
    I'd love if there was an update to babies but I very much doubt there will be any.
  • x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    edited February 2018
    I don't think so.

I actually dont mind the way babies rn, what ever interaction we have with them now is pretty much realistic besides not being able to pass them off to other people or making them "dance".

Cant see much else for babies...
  • SilentSpy0SilentSpy0 Posts: 197 Member
    edited February 2018
    I hope not when there's other things that they can be working on that would actually give gameplay value.
  • xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    Why? They only had about 3 sim days before age up, in my games they rarely last that long. They actually do about as much as a rl newborn does. Eat, sleep, mess themselves, then cry. I don't know what else people want.

You’ve never seen or interacted with a real life baby, huh?
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Nope, they have never been anything much more than what they already are.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I'd like for Babies to be editible in CAS just for clothing, eye color and skin tone and perhaps a few behavioral Traits, but otherwise I don't think they need anything else. I don't want my Sims picking up their Babies only to leave them on the ground *Flashbacks to Sims 3 Seasons where Babies were hidden in the snow*.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Jenna2376Jenna2376 Posts: 120 Member
    I think it would be kinda cool if the babies aged up to that stage between newborn (which doesn't really do much) and toddler, when they are starting to crawl and get into everything. It would be fun for the adult sims to have to chase them around, pull things out of their mouth that they found on the floor. Having to feed them baby food, giving them baby toys like rattles, having them play on playmats, and putting them in playpens to keep them out of stuff. Maybe going through a teething stage? Having to give them numb gum, frozen teething rings, and trying to soothe them when they are crying and in pain.

I just find newborns kinda boring, but real newborns don't really do much. Not until they are a couple of months old and start to recognize people and smile and laugh and grab things. I doubt Maxis will do it, that's a lot of work for a couple of sim days. It would be lots of fun though. There's just a lot of things between newborn and toddler that's super fun that we skip over.

It almost would be better to replace the baby phase with an older baby phase. Or one or two sim days as newborn and then you have two or three days of an older baby stage. Then the baby becomes a toddler. I don't know, I doubt Maxis will do anything at all with them, but fun speculation is fun.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    People want a fully fleshed out life stage that is not a object that can interact with the world and is not locked to an object you interact with and forget about. Who says the baby has to be a newborn who does nothing but cries in a basinet like all other life stages babies could skill up learn babble roll around push themselves up and eventually learn to crawl. Unlike past Sims games toddlers play older and instantly walk the second they age from baby so it just makes sense that the baby could fill that gap and gain some life experience itself.

I always find it funny when people say babies are 3 Sims days as if everyone plays with aging on if they actually made babies interesting unlike now I'd have a hard time ever aging them up.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I don’t think babies are being worked on. There are so much they could do with them but i think they are designed to be objects forever.
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    It is very doubtful, but it would be nice if babies had more interactions beyond the bassinet. If they ever introduce strollers for toddlers ones for babies would be really nice. Just a little bit more, maybe as part of an expansion would be a welcome addition before the franchise ends.