March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Graham shows next SP Icon - The Sims 4: Cockroach Stuff?!

Comments

• TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    Please dont be pests :'( I want some actually fun new gameplay.
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
  • GelysenGelysen Posts: 214 Member

lol exactly
    My sims 4 wishlist:
    -Spiral, L&U shaped stairs-More hair colors-Alternative fashion(Goth,Punk,lolita)-More rabbit hole careers-Witches,Plantsims,Werewolves.
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member

I'm not shocked honestly. Hes the only guru I would be thrilled to see leave due to other encounters where he showed me he doesnt think very highly of sims fans
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I'm disappointed bug bites sounded cool oh well
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I was hoping for the exterminator to return. Bug infestations in my house or garden and possible poisoning from inhaling noxious fumes. Maybe those fumes turn your sim into a bug for 24 hours.
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member

I'm not shocked honestly. Hes the only guru I would be thrilled to see leave due to other encounters where he showed me he doesnt think very highly of sims fans

Why do you say that? Every time I see him in the Live Streams he is very pleasant and nice, he answers Everyone's questions as well , I have yet to see him do anything that warrants anyone saying bad things bout him or any of the Gurus, they work really hard to try and give us what we ask for, so I will keep a open mind , I have asked from Day 1 for Vampires and Gothic stuff for My game play, and though I have not seen to much Gothic stuff, I am glad I got the Vampires so far, I am hoping for even more Gothic stuff to come My way, I can not use any CC or Mods at all in My game, so I am hopeful that they add more into the game, have a great day or evening, which ever the case may be, :)
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

Whaa-the what??? Not Graham. Sure you're not confusing him with the other guru who's name also starts with a G?
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I was hoping for the exterminator to return. Bug infestations in my house or garden and possible poisoning from inhaling noxious fumes. Maybe those fumes turn your sim into a bug for 24 hours.

that would be so cool
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    I don't...? Feel like that's a prank though. It feels a little odd thing to do. I feel like there would have to be some reasoning behind it, maybe Graham felt he had revealed too much so he had to say "the jig is up" or whatever and he never explicitly said, word for word "yes, this is a prank." I have no idea what the icons are supposed to mean, just seems strange to go to that effort for nothing (yes, I know it's not much to change your twitter profile pic, but to keep doing it, you'd probably have some kind of motivation to..)

Like. If that's a prank then it feels like when I was little on the bus and I'd make up the simplest little things like "oh! I just saw a squirrel! cute! ahh, you missed it." This isn't like... An attempt to be mean at Graham or maxis, or my attempt to pull out tinfoil hats, it just seems.. Strange.
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
    He was just having a joke. Let it go.
  • PurpleCheshirePurpleCheshire Posts: 96 Member
    @Purrdalecki @Dannydanbo I actually feel the same way, I don't belive it was just a prank. I bet there's gonna be an update on Thursday for the anniversary, might not be the extermiantor as Graham did say "No" to that, but maybe some other NPC?
    39901666071_622df5aee5_o.jpg
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    I don't...? Feel like that's a prank though. It feels a little odd thing to do. I feel like there would have to be some reasoning behind it, maybe Graham felt he had revealed too much so he had to say "the jig is up" or whatever and he never explicitly said, word for word "yes, this is a prank." I have no idea what the icons are supposed to mean, just seems strange to go to that effort for nothing (yes, I know it's not much to change your twitter profile pic, but to keep doing it, you'd probably have some kind of motivation to..)

Like. If that's a prank then it feels like when I was little on the bus and I'd make up the simplest little things like "oh! I just saw a squirrel! cute! ahh, you missed it." This isn't like... An attempt to be mean at Graham or maxis, or my attempt to pull out tinfoil hats, it just seems.. Strange.

I agree. If it was a troll, it was a pretty elaborate and set up troll. I mean its hard to believe he randomly stumbled upon a pest control site based in austrailia and used their icons to tease us about pests... Of all things.

Then he randomly says the jig is up and some of you were on to me since day 2. But never clearly states, "I was just pranking you." Because some people were speculating exterminator npc on day 2. So was the jig you were trolling or did we guess it right? He says exterminator npc isnt coming next patch but can we really trust anything he says after all this?

And last I checked, his new profile pic is the wreath that people were speculating was a hint towards a magic pack coming soon. So how can you come out and try to say you were just trolling around and fail and then start trolling again?
    LR3g0ni.jpg
    So, at first people go off the deep end about Graham changing his avi to different bugs. So, after everyone gets carried away, he tells us that it was just a joke for fun, not a hint. Now, people are heading to the edge to jump off the deep end about why a guru with a good sense of humor and one of the very few guru's that bother to comment in these forums, would do it in the first place, so, therefore, it must not be a joke, but really mean something, despite the fact that he, himself, says otherwise. You people are a trip! :D
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I know I am gonna get flamed for this, but that was a immature thing to do? I mean, seriously? Isn't this the same guru that was rude to fans at a live stream? ._. ... I'm sorry what a d**k move...I mean I can take jokes, but really what was the point?
  • PurpleCheshirePurpleCheshire Posts: 96 Member
    @KaeChan2089 If it really is just a joke, then I have to agree. He knows how the community always gets overhyped, he knows that everyone takes every little thing as a hint.
    39901666071_622df5aee5_o.jpg
    @KaeChan2089 If it really is just a joke, then I have to agree. He knows how the community always gets overhyped, he knows that everyone takes every little thing as a hint.

it would make more sense if was closer to April Fools...but it's months away...
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    I think being able to have bugs in the garden, or fumes being intoxicated (turning your Sim into a Plant Sim) would have been neat. But not mad because a guru wanted to have a little fun. Sadly though, looks like it'll be next quarter that he'll get to talk about his new project he's working on. D: But that's okay. I'm excited to see what the next pack is...

Wish they would have talked about the Game Pack yesterday. But that seems like something that will come in February/Late February, or early March. :( I'm curious about it and what we can do. As I have a challenge that I'm starting and would like to know what features I can implement into it. :) Should be pretty exciting.
  • PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    edited January 2018
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    So, at first people go off the deep end about Graham changing his avi to different bugs. So, after everyone gets carried away, he tells us that it was just a joke for fun, not a hint. Now, people are heading to the edge to jump off the deep end about why a guru with a good sense of humor and one of the very few guru's that bother to comment in these forums, would do it in the first place, so, therefore, it must not be a joke, but really mean something, despite the fact that he, himself, says otherwise. You people are a trip! :D

Nah. Could mean something, could not. I'm not trying to imply something massive is under works or anything, nor am I saying that the whole vermin for avatars things was offensive or distasteful (it's not), it's just.. Well.. Like I said, odd. Some may find it hilarious and if you do, awesome! If you don't and you also feel that it was kind of a strange, not in a bad way but more of a "hm, that's perplexing" kind of way... Then that's where I'm coming from. It's a humour that isn't all that conventional to me, it doesn't mean it's a bad humour, it's just that for people that aren't used to that type of humour, it might seem a little mysterious to them. Mysterious isn't bad though.

Besides, even if I was thinking it was hinting towards a big thing... We all have our things that make us happy. Maybe for some it's speculation. And that's awesome! That's all I have to say. Thanks. (:

Edit: adding a cute dog gif, just cuz
    cute-puppy-gifs-head-shake.gif

Post edited by Purrdalecki on
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    Oh for heaven's sake, there is no need to make such a big deal out of this. Worse things happen in life, how can people even be angry about something as small as this.
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    I know I am gonna get flamed for this, but that was a immature thing to do? I mean, seriously? Isn't this the same guru that was rude to fans at a live stream? ._. ... I'm sorry what a d**k move...I mean I can take jokes, but really what was the point?

I think that was simgurugrant but idk the details.
    @SimGuruGraham is a nice guy so i can't see him being deliberately rude on a stream.
    LiesSim wrote: »
    Oh for heaven's sake, there is no need to make such a big deal out of this. Worse things happen in life, how can people even be angry about something as small as this.

Sims Drama > Real World events

I don't think anybodys actually mad. Were just confused and skeptical about the whole situation.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    That was Grant who was rude not Graham and Grant lost his @SimGuru right after. Graham has always been nice and helpful he has gone out of his way to explain things to the Sims community, I don't find the joke to be mean at all he's playing around he's having fun with his work good for him.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    That was Grant who was rude not Graham and Grant lost his @SimGuru right after. Graham has always been nice and helpful he has gone out of his way to explain things to the Sims community, I don't find the joke to be mean at all he's playing around he's having fun with his work good for him.

Ah! Sorry, I got the G's confused... My apologies...actually they have the same three letters in their name...

• FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited January 2018
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

Did Grant really "lose" his SimGuru title? Isn't he like in a really high position at Maxis or something
    a256aFi.gif