Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Jungle Adventure Game Pack

Comments

• Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Erja888 wrote: »
    A new adventure GP is coming to "The Sims 4" in the first quarter of 2018!

Here's the news: Announcement of GP

What do think of the theme?
    When do you think it will be released exactly?
    Are you considering to buy it?
    What would be the perfect title?
    Any ideas for one or two gameplay object(s)?

Let the speculation begin!

It says winter 2018 but winter 2018 can be December 2018 too, it will be winter too, but after almost a year :(

It won't be then, it's a quarterly teaser. I.e this quarter.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited January 2018

It says winter 2018 but winter 2018 can be December 2018 too, it will be winter too, but after almost a year :(

No. The pack will be released this quarter. They only preview things being released in next couple months.
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Since they said Jan-Mar I'm guessing we will hear something in late Feb and release in early/mid March?
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    aws200 wrote: »
    Since they said Jan-Mar I'm guessing we will hear something in late Feb and release in early/mid March?

Last year when Bowling was released, it came out around March and the teaser said Spring 2017, so I'm hoping that Winter 2018 means we'll get this in February. :)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member

True but for the Sims when they announce that something is coming, it has to come in the quarter it was announced. Thats the rules that the company set for itself.

The year is divided into 4 quarters. Just like 4 seasons. Jan 1st- March 30/31 (whatever the last day of march is) is the 1st quarter of the year.

So the new gamepack will come out before march is over but I believe it will come out in February.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    kitty29041985kitty29041985 Posts: 792 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    aws200 wrote: »

Last year when Bowling was released, it came out around March and the teaser said Spring 2017, so I'm hoping that Winter 2018 means we'll get this in February. :)

Yeah, why spring? If they said "winter" it's either now or next month. Because March is not winter already.
  • Options

True but for the Sims when they announce that something is coming, it has to come in the quarter it was announced. Thats the rules that the company set for itself.

The year is divided into 4 quarters. Just like 4 seasons. Jan 1st- March 30/31 (whatever the last day of march is) is the 1st quarter of the year.

So the new gamepack will come out before march is over but I believe it will come out in February.

Hope so! :) thanks
  • Options
    PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    March 19th is the last day of winter this year.
  • Options
    phiezphiez Posts: 13 New Member
    I love getting through maze in Sims 3 WA. Just really can't wait these.

First time I also thought it could be november / december, but they say laundry pack also on winter, and it's already out.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I went to YouTube and watched both the teasers for 2017 and 2018 that came out at the first of their years.

2017 announced Vampires GP coming in Winter 2017 and Bowling SP 2017 coming in Spring.

2018 announced Laundry SP coming in Winter 2018 and Adventure GP 2018 coming in Winter ----not Spring.

This tells me that the Adventure GP is coming in February, not March.
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    I hope they include Mummies in the Adventure pack!
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I went to YouTube and watched both the teasers for 2017 and 2018 that came out at the first of their years.

2017 announced Vampires GP coming in Winter 2017 and Bowling SP 2017 coming in Spring.

2018 announced Laundry SP coming in Winter 2018 and Adventure GP 2018 coming in Winter ----not Spring.

This tells me that the Adventure GP is coming in February, not March.

If they said so. Hope no lie to us...
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    Didnt Drake say that they go by the months and not the seasonal solstices (in America)?
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Marnetti wrote: »
    Didnt Drake say that they go by the months and not the seasonal solstices (in America)?

They follow the American seasonal dates around the solstices. So theoretically, a Winter pack could release in early March, and a Spring pack could release in late March. However, they also need to follow their quarterly business schedules for pack releases, and I think this is where the confusion comes in. A quarter consists of a three month time period, four times a year. When they release a teaser for the quarter, all packs in that teaser are limited to release in that three month time period. This current quarter covers January through March. The next business quarter is April through June.

So this means that a pack scheduled for Winter would have to be released before March 20, which is the first day of Spring. If the teaser had stated a Spring release, it would have to come out between March 20 and 31 in order to still fit into the business quarter.

Hope that makes sense. :)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    chidoriaidachidoriaida Posts: 282 Member
    This pack seems interesting, but I will hold out until EA release more info. I am really hoping to see more choice or careers, maybe an archaeologist or adventurer for this pack.
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I'm curious about if it will include a World or a Destination (like Granite Falls).
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    IF it is a Vacation Pack I hope they give us the ability to make homes into a Bed and Breakfast the hotels in Sims 3 really sucked.
  • Options
    If it is a vacation pack then may be there will be beach vacations, with hotels, and swimming in the ocean etc..?
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    If it is a vacation pack then may be there will be beach vacations, with hotels, and swimming in the ocean etc..?

The upcoming GP will not have beaches, hotels or ocean swimming.
  • Options
    soo bad
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Outoor Retreat world is like Bon Voyage Three Lakes

This news GP world will be near to World Adventures Al Simhara (at gameplay and challenges, of course difference is than now will be maya-like instead egypt)
  • Options
    djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    aprilrose wrote: »
    There's not enough info to be excited at this point but I think it's gonna be like Indiana Jones, it doesn't read vacation GP to me.

So far I am with you on this one. I truly hope I get surprised. Otherwise, this one I am afraid, may be a non purchase for me. But, on the other hand, I am happy for those whom it will add more play to their game.
  • Options
    ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    It seems to have a Mayan theme going on, I think someone once said Egpyt but I don't think so.
    Looking at the winter quarter of the games list I would like it would be released somewhere in March maybe, most of the Packs have been released about the 20th to the 26th March but who knows we might get lucky and it could come out sooner!
    I might buy it, I did enjoy WA but I think I will wait for a live stream and think about it from there.
    I would love to see tomb puzzles if there are tombs to explore and would love to bring a skeleton back with me, put it in a maid outfit and call it Bonehilda hahaha would love to have her back!
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    It says Winter 2018. That's months away.
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    It says Winter 2018. That's months away.

No, January and February of 2018 is still Winter. The GP should release next month.