Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best Stuffpack for CAS?

What's the best stuffpack for CAS content?
It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow

Comments

• AuzzPandaAuzzPanda Posts: 1,235 Member
    Custom Content. I'm serious. Don't waste ten dollars on a stuff pack for two hairstyles and some clothes. Get CC.
    23rif7.gif
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    @AuzzPanda CC breaks my game every time I try to use it. I just recently tried out some CC default replacement eyes, loved them but they borked my game. So in my opinion, CC is not worth the risk.
  • TrixieLocaTrixieLoca Posts: 116 Member
    It depends what style you like but I really liked bowling night stuff it's very retro love the denim cut offs, luxury party stuff (I'm probably in a low majority with that one) but the low plunge tuxedo jacket for females is stunning! Backyard stuff I always use the jeans and the tousled hair and movie night stuff I love <3 but each pack has at least one good piece in it!
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited January 2018
    Totally agree with TrixieLoca. When Bowling Night Stuff came out, I spent more than 2 hours in CAS because it is so well done, the swatches are amazing! But only if you are into the style, as stated above. But if you do like the style, the possibilitites are awesome and it really is a fresh breath of air for the base game CAS.

A few examples:

vZGzBsV.jpg

Male outfits:

cWVzzgd.jpg

Swim wear:

Wrh0GS1.jpg

Just wanted to add rockabilly outfits, for the denim shorts and because you apparently have the Vampires Pack and the hairstyle just fits the theme (no Bowling Night Stuff items in the 3rd picture though):

mDWcM6I.jpg
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • TracykatladyTracykatlady Posts: 87 Member
    This is one of those things that is subjective to what your own style is and how you play the game. Fitness stuff is useless to me because I'm not into that style and nor do I play any Sims currently that those styles would suit. There is bound to be people out there that find that pack perfect for their needs though. Personally I'm loving the styles from Romantic Garden stuff and Laundry Day stuff the most at the moment for my adult sims, but I rarely find myself not using the Kids Room Stuff outfits for the children.

Alternatively, for Game Packs the winner for me is the Parenthood game pack because it just had a bit of everything for every life stage that I find myself using a fair bit. For expansions I really love the overall style that comes with Cats and Dogs.

I'd suggest having a look through all the trailers or posts on each stuff pack that contain images of each packs clothing and hair styles. Pick the one that suits your personal style and gameplay the most because at the end of the day, it's only your opinion that is going to matter :)
  • ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    Tbh I would say Laundry Day.
    Those boots, that dress.. it's amazing!
    Vintage Glamour and Fitness is also great.
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    edited January 2018
    I already have Vintage Glamour SP and the only thing that interests me in Fitness SP are the earbuds.
  • GonedalfGonedalf Posts: 62 Member
    For Females: Movie Hangout Stuff and Romantic Garden Stuff. For Males: Laundry Day Stuff.
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I love the woman's clothes from cool kitchen stuff and the stuff from movie hangout stuff.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    It is very subjective but personally:
    I love the CAS from Movie Hangout for feminine and Laundry Day for masculine. I also really like the CAS from the Backyard SP.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Depends on what you want. :p I got Backyard stuff because I like the summer clothing, especially the muscle tank (since the base game lacks options for tank tops). I also got Laundry Day because I like the boho aesthetic. The boots, the dress, the men's shirts and sweater--those were all things I could use.

I suggest going to the game's main menu, clicking on each SP icon to preview the CAS items, and go from there. :)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    Cool Kitchen ironically has quite a lot of CAS items. Lot of very colorful clothing with some nice stuff for men too.

That and Movie hangout stuff has been one of my favorite ones with CAS clothing. Laundry Day has some rather nice clothing options too. Loving the female shirts in this one as well as the hair clipped up style.

Backyard stuff I use a lot with the Summer like vibe I get from the clothing with the knotted tie shirt and short shorts. :)
    5vJrxmT.png
  • MorticiaBlack7MorticiaBlack7 Posts: 130 Member
    Movie Hangout. Love almost all items.
  • Trufan1Trufan1 Posts: 4,425 Member
    I use Movie Hangout Stuff a lot surprisingly. The style isn't my preference, but there were some items in CAS I liked. I mostly got it for build mode items, again the style isn't my thing but several items i really liked. Got it on sale a while back for 50% off. The build/buy mode items get used just as I thought they would, but even more so since the colorful swatches are fun and youthful for teen/kids decor. Didn't consider that before i got it, so that worked out nicely. The CAS items are great. I get more use out of them then i thought. There is a long male hair that i use unisex, and it's probably my favorite hair in the game. The pack has good hairstyles. Footwear is cute too. The clothing is cool and versatile. everyday wear is obvious but a lot of the things work as sleepwear and athletic too. Nice male options too for tops. There are couple things I'll never touch though, but having them as options just in case is good.

Backyard stuff is another one I use all the time. Most things are pretty casual, nice, and fitted cool clothes. Particularly for females. Nice pair of wedges and the skinny jeans are amazing, I use them on males too. Kids get some cute things too which is important to me.

And speaking of kids, the Kids Room pack is invaluable. Comes with looooads of options for them. I don't know how I dressed my sim children prior to this pack.
  • nattygirl13nattygirl13 Posts: 82 Member
    I wanted to know how people felt about the toddler stuff pack. I fee like there isn't a lot of custom content made for toddlers and wanted to get people's opinions on it before buying it myself
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    Cool Kitchen and Romantic Garden have great everyday clothing options. Vintage Glamour has some nice accessories.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member
    edited February 2018
    SimsVIP has guides to each stuff pack with pictures of all the build/buy items: https://simsvip.com/sims-4-stuff-pack-guides/

However, I've noticed for myself it sometimes takes seeing what others actually do with the the items (like the outfits @Netzspannung posted above) to really get a vision for them.
    Post edited by Simpatsyann on
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I suggest going to the game's main menu, clicking on each SP icon to preview the CAS items, and go from there. :)
    I heartily second this suggestion. I have repeatedly found this to be crucial in buy/not buy decisions, as my main focus is on the creative side, not the ever broken gameplay.

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Totally agree with TrixieLoca. When Bowling Night Stuff came out, I spent more than 2 hours in CAS because it is so well done, the swatches are amazing! But only if you are into the style, as stated above. But if you do like the style, the possibilitites are awesome and it really is a fresh breath of air for the base game CAS.

A few examples:

vZGzBsV.jpg

Male outfits:

cWVzzgd.jpg

Swim wear:

Wrh0GS1.jpg

Just wanted to add rockabilly outfits, for the denim shorts and because you apparently have the Vampires Pack and the hairstyle just fits the theme (no Bowling Night Stuff items in the 3rd picture though):

mDWcM6I.jpg

@Netzspannung, Do you have a guide or blog anywhere showing different fashions, swatches, etc? Every time I see one of your posts I get new ideas for combining outfits. And most of the time I see stuff I didn't even know was in the game. :p
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    @simgirl1010 The forum is such a great place for inspiration. I like to get ideas for gameplay, stories, builds and CAS. I am glad that I am not only getting ideas, but sometimes even giving others ideas, thanks for letting me know! I don't do anything outside of the forum.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • MoonlitShadowXoxoMoonlitShadowXoxo Posts: 57 Member
    Wow thanks for the great ideas guys! I think my fav so far is romantic stuff pack for clothes because of all the girly stuff. (I'm definitely a girly girl myself Lol) I'm really curious about the bowling night stuff pack clothes as well. And also the laundry one. Those seem to be high on my priority list right now for getting once another sale comes around.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Stuff packs almost never go on sale tho
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png