Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gathering your suggestions about Mods/CC use with the Gallery!

Comments

• TerezaSims85TerezaSims85 Posts: 114 Member
    > @danicast1966 said:
    > I would like to have an option to download a sim or a house without the custom content included on them because that's not how I download custom content, specially mods. I want to keep control of the custom content, choose what I want to download and add to my game. Those houses with gazillions of wallpapers and objects included were always my worst problem in the exchange.
    > It would be nice also a filter so you can choose to download only sims and lots that have no custom content at all.
    >

agree!!
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    > @danicast1966 said:
    > I would like to have an option to download a sim or a house without the custom content included on them because that's not how I download custom content, specially mods. I want to keep control of the custom content, choose what I want to download and add to my game. Those houses with gazillions of wallpapers and objects included were always my worst problem in the exchange.
    > It would be nice also a filter so you can choose to download only sims and lots that have no custom content at all.
    >

agree!!

Sims 4 does not have the option to transfer CC through the Gallery.
  • rdthompson19rdthompson19 Posts: 3 New Member
    > @netguysteve said:
    > My biggest concern with adding automatic download of CC is that it will scare some people away from the gallery, much in the same way some people were adverse to using the exchange in TS3. Perhaps a warning dialog requiring the user to specifically give permission for the CC to be installed, maybe with a checkbox to "Always Allow Custom Content From This Creator" to make it less of a hassle for people who have favorite CC creators that they commonly download from.

or possibly an option to download the CC included in a build/sim or to not download the CC included if a player wishes.
  • Simsdynasty01Simsdynasty01 Posts: 5 New Member
    when you upload moded builds to the sims 4 gallery. can others actually see it?
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    My Biggest problem with the Sims 4 , is when I first started to play it I was able to use CC, after all the updates were added in, I can not use any Cc at all in like 2 & 1/2 yrs, so since I had to take out All My creations I made with CC, I won't be able to ever add them back into the Gallery cause the stuff I had on them is probably all gone by now, which I am not happy bout, but I can not use CC cause it Crashes My game, and no it is not My Computer, I even had 3 to 4 EA Techs working on it to make sure awhile back, it was the game itself, so I wont worry bout CC for My game, I just hope others are able to use it if they can in the future, and Maybe the Sims 4 will get fixed so I may be able to use it as well in future, I hope so cause I miss the awesome CC that does not ever get added into the game from EA or Maxis, stuff I like to use only seems to get made from People who do not even work for EA or Maxis, go figure. Gothic Forever !!!! :)
  • LantiLanti Posts: 36 Member
    1. A text list of the names of the files of the included CC
    Ideally, the best would be to be able to download the CC along with the uploaded content, which could be dangerous and seems difficult to develop, or having a link to download the CC, which also seems difficult to develop, so perhaps we could get a list in text format with the names of the files of the CC used in the uploaded content, which would be generated automatically and downloaded along with it. I think this would be easier to develop and could help the downloader in making their own internet search for the content, since a lot of the CC file's names include the creator's name and a brief description of the item.

2. Hability to see the pictures in the gallery in a larger size
    When we open the page for a specific content in the gallery, the pictures appear to small and there is no way to enlarge them.

3. Deleting CC from inside the game
    This would be very helpful.
  • ChelseyyChelseyy Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi, I lost all my CC but I have all my script mods. Can anybody help me get my CC back?
    Chelseyy wrote: »
    Hi, I lost all my CC but I have all my script mods. Can anybody help me get my CC back?

What do you mean you lost all of your CC? Is it still showing in your Mods folder but, not in the game? Did you delete your CC and you are looking for new items?
  • CzechacekCzechacek Posts: 13 New Member
    1. Enable/disable CC from within the game
    Some users find it difficult to move files/folders around – in order to differentiate whether an issue (such as crashing) is actually an issue with the game itself or with outdated/incompatible CC, it is important to make sure people test with vs. without CC. Being able to disable all CC from within the game would make that a lot easier for anyone who tries to troubleshoot such issues (like creators who get feedback about "i installed your mod five days ago and now my game has crashed HALP"). NB I only mean temporarily disabling – not uninstalling (that would be a different feature that I'd also like to see though).

2. Being able to upload from the internet
    Because why not? I also don't actually see how it should work to upload say a script mod from within the game .. so that would be more a prerequisite rather than a feature. But once that works, why not make it work for lots and sims as well?

--

Also, before I'd upload anything to the Gallery I'd like to know from the horse's mouth what the legal situation is w/r/t intellectual property. You may or may not know that there is currently a third party site outright selling CC (or "reserving the right" to sell it) copied and pasted from elsewhere, and one of their excuses for that is "all CC are belong to EA anyway, so nyah nyah". As far as I can tell, this true to some extent when using EA services (which of course doesn't mean "nyah nyah" for everybody else), so if you want more creators to use the gallery for distribution I think some sort of official clarification on that might be quite helpful. =)
    edited August 2018
    nevermind
  • salemdexingsalemdexing Posts: 47 Member
    Bananas_45 wrote: »
    nevermind

i learned a LONGG time ago to back up my mods folders and cc! sorry for your loss :(
  • The_real_raijinThe_real_raijin Posts: 98 Member
    Has anyone created a mod of the martial arts uniforms from sims 3 world adventures?
  • DedionwareDedionware Posts: 1 New Member
    does anyone know if there are any mods that makes your sim look like they're made of stone? I'm trying to make Shale from Dragon Age Origins and can't find any mods that make a sim look like they're mad of stone.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    Dedionware wrote: »
    does anyone know if there are any mods that makes your sim look like they're made of stone? I'm trying to make Shale from Dragon Age Origins and can't find any mods that make a sim look like they're mad of stone.

This sounds like it might be a custom content skin tone. Also, you would need to find custom content eyes if you want the eyes to look like they are also stone. I would look for a grey-tone skin tone (under skin details), and look around for custom eyes.

I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • SoulmmanSoulmman Posts: 1 New Member
    I'd pay big bucks for a mod that allows me to change the in-game OST to whatever I want. Specifically, I'd love to put in the OST from the 1st game instead. Does anyone know if this is even remotely possible?
  • bigdls73bigdls73 Posts: 8 New Member
    Just curious has anyone come up with a mod to make a lot type for apartments/hotels, I love the apartments in City Living, but I would love to have the ability to build apartments in the other world spaces or hotels in the vacation destination spaces. I think having a specific door that designates each apartment and maybe a community mailbox for all the apartments would be ideal.
    edited December 2018
    Soulmman wrote: »
    I'd pay big bucks for a mod that allows me to change the in-game OST to whatever I want. Specifically, I'd love to put in the OST from the 1st game instead. Does anyone know if this is even remotely possible?

I don't know if it is possible to change the official soundtracks in the game, but I have definitely gone into custom music and copied the music from Sims 1 into various music station folders there in Sims 4. Lots of great Hot Date music that went straight into my Dinner Jazz station, as well as Sims 1 Latin music that got copied into my Sims 4 Latin station. The Sims 1 music can be found in Program Files (x86)/Maxis/The Sims/Music - then search under the Sims 1 mode or station you want to find the music. Then copy (do NOT cut) and paste the music over to Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Custom Music then select the radio station you want to put it under. You can add new music to your Sims 1 game that way too by copying music to your Sims 1 music folders. I have added custom music in every version of the main Sims series that I have played. (I found the Rave music and Rock music stations not to contain enough selection in Sims 1, and later on added some hip-hop music to the Sims 1 Rap station. Nothing like adding some Pink Floyd, Queen, and Kansas to the Rock station in Sims 1. In Sims 2, my University Sims kept trying to play the Salsa station nonstop, so I got some ITunes freebie music around that time, converted it to mp3, then copied it to the salsa folder. Seems like they had a Latino freebie every week around the time Sims 2 was still in active development. I even put some Gloria Estefan in that folder after purchasing it (I already had one of her albums on cassette tape). Sims 3 custom music - since you cannot customize the individual stations, I tend to use that now for music that is difficult to classify, in terms of genre.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • MarsvlMarsvl Posts: 3 New Member
    hi i just want to ask if you can use cc if you only have the base game? and also if you can buy sims 4 without paying the monthly fees of origin. sorry, im new to sims.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Marsvl wrote: »
    hi i just want to ask if you can use cc if you only have the base game? and also if you can buy sims 4 without paying the monthly fees of origin. sorry, im new to sims.

Hello @Marsvl :)
    You can use cc/mods if you only have the base game. It is best to keep your game uptodate with patches, as many mods/cc are based on using them with the updated version of Sims 4.
    You can buy the Sims 4 without having to pay the monthly fees of origin. You can buy it as outright and directly from origin, or from another online game store, or a sims 4 disc from a physical building shop that sells games .
    Origin has a sale on at the moment on the base game and packs.
    https://simsvip.com/2018/12/27/origin-sale-save-up-to-88-on-select-sims-4-titles/
  • CLMerz48CLMerz48 Posts: 26 Member
    Don't know if this is the right spot, but I want to give a BIG Shout out to all those hundreds of modders that keep this game interesting. If it wasn't for you all, sims 4 would be pretty boring...and to all the people who do the wonderful cc's, all of us little people would be lost without you. So thank you all, you keep this simmer very happy... :#:#:#
  • pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    Is the reason things don't get resolved in game because there is always a mod that will take care of it. I don't use mods or cc so myself and others do not use them see different mods that fix the problems so are we just out of luck ?
  • SashasonicSashasonic Posts: 69 Member
    Wishing the Lots using a different image for the gallery wouldn't be marked as cc (ie: hidden from main search) as it still seems to allow it for a 'chosen few', but is not a standard.
    Z7FwSmQ.gif
  • MikkiMikkiMikkiMMikkiMikkiMikkiM Posts: 213 Member
    This is a rather big one, but a 'cc/mod store' linked to the game and gallery.

So modders/cc creators can upload their stuff to a store that is linked to the game and gallery, and if people create things with mods/cc that came from that store, the info automatically gets added to the gallery description. Info including who created it, where to get the cc/mod, etc. Mod/cc creators could maybe even be able to charge small amounts of money for their creations this way, but that doesn't have to be necessary. So mods/cc don't automatically download when you download something from the gallery, but you can choose to look up the mods/cc you like and add it to the game yourself, without having to Google and go through maybe no longer existing accounts etc to find it.
  • Janiebug1122Janiebug1122 Posts: 25 Member
    What's the status with any of the issues from this list? This post has been going for like 5 years, I'd love to know any info from the Gamemakers about any progress, some maybe in the works, any that aren't possible, etc.
    Sashasonic wrote: »
    Wishing the Lots using a different image for the gallery wouldn't be marked as cc (ie: hidden from main search) as it still seems to allow it for a 'chosen few', but is not a standard.

Yes, yes, yes! One of my lots with an unmodified gallery photo had nothing showing on the main photo but a TREE. We need to at least be able to customize the view and angle so that a TREE does not block the view of the lot in the gallery.