Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daughters of the Warrioress Gen 2 - Updated 05/30

Comments

• DamaroDamaro Posts: 387 Member
    To be honest, I always felt for Haimon xD He didn't fit the role others tried to force on him, especially regarding what we know about his background. (He was born free, wasn't he?)
    I don't believe there are many people who would have acted differently than him in the last chapter. Imprisoning a child is savage and serious mistreatment, but it does not seem that she is in any danger, she has protection from Protego too. 'badumm' XD

Question regarding the Casting Call:
    Are there any non-humans in this world and are we allowed to make some?
    For example elves, demons etc...
  • MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    edited January 2018
    True words you say... And the signs were there but you are the first to speak it out loudly. Yes, he was born free.
    Phyllis will cry a bit from the darkness and maybe be a bit hungry depending on when Penthesilea succeeds to free them. It's in her nature to be afraid but it's endurable as long as Protego is there, as you say. :) Btw Haimon knew that Protego was sleeping down there...

One rule that I've set myself for the story is no supernatural powers or creatures, I'm sorry. But if you want to you can of course create the member of an elve-like people (no pointed ears though, please) or f.e. a warrior who is surrounded my myths and rumors. They may have special talents that make them seem like those creatures but they will always be humans. :) Would that be okay with you?
    Post edited by MrsRacooney on
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    True words you say... And the signs were there but you are the first to speak it out loudly. Yes, he was born free.
    Phyllis will cry a bit from the darkness and maybe be a bit hungry depending on when Penthesilea succeeds to free them. It's in her nature to be afraid but it's endurable as long as Protego is there, as you say. :) Btw Haimon knew that Protego was sleeping down there...

One rule that I've set myself for the story is no supernatural powers or creatures, I'm sorry. But if you want to you can of course create the member of an elve-like people (no pointed ears though, please) or f.e. a warrior who is surrounded my myths and humors. They may have special talents that make them seem like those creatures but they will always be humans. :) Would that be okay with you?

Haimon being free fits in with my latest theory actually! The one about him being kidnapped and sold as a slave and now he's returning home. :neutral:
    edited January 2018
    Thats totally fine with me. xD Even if not, its your story after all. xD

regarding the problem with sims created after the 17. November, what exactly is the issue? Can you download them but they don't show up? What happens?
  • SpectresValkyrieSpectresValkyrie Posts: 317 Member
    I am glad to see that Haimon is free. Watching what was unfolding for Haimon as the others were at the feast was great. I can't help but cheer on his escape to freedom. I am hoping that he makes it. I also hope that Phyllis and Protego are going to get out safely.

Yay for the casting calling!
    ETagn5d.jpg
    edited January 2018
    @Damaro I can give them a fav but the "add in CAS/place at lot/save in gallery" buttons can't be used at all. We've tried everything, but they just can't enter the gameplay. I know the source of the problem but it wouldn't be solved other than by buying a new laptop/pc... Which won't happen. Why, do you want to submit one made after that date? You can! Here's an example.
    Post edited by MrsRacooney on
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    @MrsRacooney I posted one of my submissions on tumblr because you didn't mention where to post it. :) Still need to do the other one. :)
    Because it seems you can take the the files from Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Tray (5 files for a single person household), add it to yours and the household should appear in your library. I don't know if that would help in your case but it maybe could be worth a try, easier than remodeling every single sim?
    @Bugsie2016 Thank you! They're great! :smiley:

@Damaro I've actually tried that already... Didn't work. It shows in the gallery, then but only with a red cross when you click it. And can't placed/opened in CAS either. If you want we can try it again with your sims though?
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • SarahkaySarahkay Posts: 362 Member
    @MrsRacooney
    I do have one question for now, I don't remember seeing it. Does the age of our sim(s) matter? One of mine that I have in mind is a teen.
    @Sarahkay Not at all! As long as you mention their adult trait, too.
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Sorry, I didn't have time to leave a comment before although I read the new chapter :/ So... That very bad boy Haimon got in troubles and I am not sure if he will avoid the punishment :/ I understand why he did that, but it was so unwise :# Amadahy was Amadahy and I am really glad that I had one more chance to enjoy her presence :) Lyta is cool and I like her rebellious soul, she'll be great warrior <3 Sure, now I'll be waiting for the next chapter as I am worried for that silly boy Haimon :/
    P.S. I would create the sims for you with a big pleasure, but unfortunately, my laptop got that 🐸🐸🐸🐸 amnesia again and I will have to repair it later :( It's really very sad...
    Oh darn, well then it would probably not work. No problem for me, but I hoped it could be useful for you. :(

btw, I finally know of whom Haimon reminded me of since the last update. (He did, I just couldn't put my finger on it. :D)
    Ran from Wilder - Ran's Story
    It is a Visual Novel with a similar character like Haimon, a slave born free, highly defiant, hot headed ... see for yourself if you are interested, the demo is free. I can highly recommend it to anyone, I am playing the newest, second part right now, an alternate route with other characters.
    @MrsRacooney
    My first submission is up for your viewing pleasure! Plum! She came out georgeous! I was almost sad not to include her in my story.
    View Her Here
    Sorry, I didn't have time to leave a comment before although I read the new chapter :/ So... That very bad boy Haimon got in troubles and I am not sure if he will avoid the punishment :/ I understand why he did that, but it was so unwise :# Amadahy was Amadahy and I am really glad that I had one more chance to enjoy her presence :) Lyta is cool and I like her rebellious soul, she'll be great warrior <3 Sure, now I'll be waiting for the next chapter as I am worried for that silly boy Haimon :/
    P.S. I would create the sims for you with a big pleasure, but unfortunately, my laptop got that plum amnesia again and I will have to repair it later :( It's really very sad...

Glad you're back! <3 But knowing you're busy I don't wonder but miss you though. :D Oh no, your laptop has turned against you again? That's terrible, hope either it'll get better and stay that way or they can finally repair it. Grrr. No stories since then or do you have a few chapters in store? :'( And don't worry about the Casting Call, you (and anyone else who can't do it within time!) can submit later if you're still motivated, then.

We don't always do wise things when we're desperate... Yes, Amadahy was kind of my anchor during the last shoot! So many things went wrong but she was the only one who didn't give me any difficulties. She's great and I wish we could keep her for a while but unfortunately the plot doesn't allow that... and Queen Hawika probably wouldn't either :D Guess she wants her champion back.
    Lyta is a warrior with all her heart. :smiley: And the next chapter is in slow, very slow progress but so far I'm extremely satisfied with the builds. Around the third of them is done.
    *hugging you out of context*

@Damaro Yes, it's so bad it doesn't work that way. But thank you for that suggestion anyway! :smiley:
    The game looks interesting. Took a short look at it today and when I can get around I'll definitely try the demo!

@Sarahkay Thank you, she's indeed very beautiful! :o And such an interesting backstory, it'll be a challenge to see how to include her the best. And whenever you're far enough to plan your story and want a collab, PM me. ;) I'd like that!
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    edited January 2018
    Ahhhh! I finally remembered to catch up to the latest chapter (my saved tab disappeared before, haha).

I am NOT happy with Haimon! I thought he was going to KILL Phyllis! If he had left her alone I might have more sympathy but right now... PSH!

And yay - a casting call!!!

(Related, but is Masa still OK for you or do I need to do some magic and remake his upload? Would that even work?)

Edit: OMG I just read the entire casting call and that's BONKERS about your computer. :cry:
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
    @Meggles Closing tabs that are meant to remind you is among the worst things a computer can do!
    Hm, killing a princess surely wouldn't have conduced to his plan to flee, amirite? :joy: You have every right to deprive him of your sympathies though :o
    Yeeees, squee! Casting call! Under difficult conditions. The characters do come out better than expected though!
    Luckily, Masa is long enough ingame already to be completely okay! *phew* He's leading a happy life with a katana at his side and has found a place already. Not in the tribe, but he will appear pretty soon in the next gen. B) So no need to show off your stunning magical skills!
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    edited January 2018
    Chapter 45 follows Penthesilea on her search for the fugitive slave, far into wilder lands.

29dcqwm.png
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    I think Haimon's home and he's known for being a player!! He looks so happy!! Can't Penthesilia just leave him there or something, somehow. :(
  • roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Haimon! :o But you know I am happy seeing him between all these people, I think there he feels himself and this place is his home. Hmm... But what about Penthesilea? Will she understand that Haimon isn't slave and will never be? As allways you did a wonderful work, I even heard the medieval music and saw the dancing people <3:) Thank you so much for making me happy :blush:
    Wooooow
    I am stunned 0:
    It is a masterpiece!
    The pictures are marvelous, the texts are terrific and the whole feeling to it is fantastic. AAAAAH!
    I loooove the whole setting ( I am a sucker to this theme xD), not only from that chapter but from the whole story. I may say, your DoW really evolved into my favorite story so far, it slowly creeped it's way in XD. Alongside favourites like Line of the Last by @WagonFruit (I wish it would continue :'c ) and of course Tribe Wahine by @pammiechick (So glad that it goes on)

Where did you find the sets or how did you build them? The village, the tavern look so nice, the villagers look so lively (great poses, and great faces xD especially the girls, very pretty)
    Well, enough brown-noseing xD I just wanted to say good work and please please continue.

I wonder if that woman is Haimons former sweethearth?
    I hope Penthesilea and haimon can work things out without Haimon loosing his life or else it will haunt her for life.

Some of you are close to the truth, but no one has guessed it entirely yet >:) Hehehe!
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    I think Haimon's home and he's known for being a player!! He looks so happy!! Can't Penthesilia just leave him there or something, somehow. :(

Oh, someone's going full on Haimon sympathy here :p I'm with you, you know? But unfortunately Penthesilea will have to decide herself.
    Haimon! :o But you know I am happy seeing him between all these people, I think there he feels himself and this place is his home. Hmm... But what about Penthesilea? Will she understand that Haimon isn't slave and will never be? As allways you did a wonderful work, I even heard the medieval music and saw the dancing people <3:) Thank you so much for making me happy :blush:

Agree! This was one of my favorite scenes to shoot because most people were actually happy :joy: Let's hope Penthesilea does use the night effectively and thinks over her next steps. She won't find much sleep anyway. :/
    So glad the chapter cast its spell on you! It did on me, too and while writing the dance Scottish and Irish folk music sounded through the entire room. When it made you happy then it's already worth all efforts! <3
    Damaro wrote: »
    Wooooow
    I am stunned 0:
    It is a masterpiece!
    The pictures are marvelous, the texts are terrific and the whole feeling to it is fantastic. AAAAAH!
    I loooove the whole setting ( I am a sucker to this theme xD), not only from that chapter but from the whole story. I may say, your DoW really evolved into my favorite story so far, it slowly creeped it's way in XD. Alongside favourites like Line of the Last by @WagonFruit (I wish it would continue :'c ) and of course Tribe Wahine by @pammiechick (So glad that it goes on)

Where did you find the sets or how did you build them? The village, the tavern look so nice, the villagers look so lively (great poses, and great faces xD especially the girls, very pretty)
    Well, enough brown-noseing xD I just wanted to say good work and please please continue.

I wonder if that woman is Haimons former sweethearth?
    I hope Penthesilea and haimon can work things out without Haimon loosing his life or else it will haunt her for life.

Oh my... I'm blushing :hushed: Thank you! I just love both of those stories, too! Line of the Last is just hilariously good and Tribe Wahine... We don't even need to talk about that :D
    I've built all the settings myself, sometimes with the help of pictures, sometimes without (the tavern). Did anyone recognize the guy with the axe was a charburner, btw? :D Same applies to the villagers. They were actually random CAS people who got a slight makeover and each one a few sentences with background why they're there and what they're like. It's easier to plan the background then.

If Haimon is to live, it will be entirely Penthesilea's decision. I don't think she'd let a slave have a say in it, would she? :/
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    edited January 2018
    I think if Penthesilea does let Haimon live, it'll be in secret and because of his past we haven't guessed yet. Not sure at this point if she could go home and say "Oh I let him live." with so many people expecting him dead.
    Personally, I think Haimon is a younger son of a Noble family and now gets to woohoo with everyone (like they did back then) because he has no responsobilities. Or he's a very popular street walker. ;)

Edit: Had to go back and look, and I didn't even realize he was a charburner! That's pretty amazing! Also, where did you get that bow and arrow cc? I don't need it now (this era has Atlatls which predates bows) but it would be nice for Gen. 2 in my story.

Edit#2: @MrsRacooney I finished my second entry for the casting call. It's located on the same page as the first
    Post edited by Sarahkay on
    edited January 2018
    Some of you are close to the truth, but no one has guessed it entirely yet >:) Hehehe!

Oh, someone's going full on Haimon sympathy here :p I'm with you, you know? But unfortunately Penthesilea will have to decide herself.
    You know I sympathise with him. I understand his reasons for leaving although part of it was unsuccessful as he is going to be a father. Poor Haimon!!! He's one of my favourite character but you know who will always be my favourite!! (Not Paolo either as Paolo is Protego to me now. :lol:)

I have another theory that Haimon is from a large family but somehow ended up as a slave. :(

I have another theory that Haimon is from a large family but somehow ended up as a slave. :(

Maybe the woman is his wife? But she kinda looks suspicious, being the only one with witchy face paint.

I have another theory! haimon was a dance instructor and these are his former pupils! Ha! Everything explained, i'll stick to that. XDDD

I've built all the settings myself, sometimes with the help of pictures, sometimes without (the tavern). Did anyone recognize the guy with the axe was a charburner, btw? Same applies to the villagers. They were actually random CAS people who got a slight makeover and each one a few sentences with background why they're there and what they're like. It's easier to plan the background then.

Oh cool, do you share, can we download it somewhere? O:
    I indeed noticed he did make charcoal xD