March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why is my Sim angry from pleasing Decor - bug?

SineeaSineea Posts: 207 Member
Something in this moodlet doesn't seem right, thoughts?

e13e681d9504383fe13c709ff172d8fa.png
I use no mods or CC and I repair my game after every time I play.
Post edited by Sineea on

Comments

• LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    edited January 2018
    What specifically is causing the moodlet?
    Sounds like an object is emnating an angry aura.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • SineeaSineea Posts: 207 Member
    That's the thing, I have no clue what is causing it.
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    What traits does your sim have? Some traits can evoke different emotions for certain decor. For example, sims with the hates children trait get tense in a room decorated for kids.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Does that Sim by chance have the Evil trait? I believe I read that sometimes Evil sims will hate pleasant decor.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    If you have wind chimes - hot headed sims hate them.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    AprilDawn wrote: »
    If you have wind chimes - hot headed sims hate them.

I believe the angry at windchimes has a diff moddlet.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
    Do not know for sure but Sims VIP guide for the Wind Chimes says Annoying Chimes (Angry +1 – Requires Hot-Headed Trait)

Sims wikia list of moodlets shows the moodlet above and says Enraging Décor 1 Angry Environment A pleasing environment can put a Sim in the mood! Up to +3 the more decorations boosting this moodlet.
    So far he has the following traits:

9b9a299f12889f7781fae4d96b241448.png
    No hot headed, so not wind chimes. Sorry - that was my only guess.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Has your Sim perchance painted an Angry emotion painting that you kept and hung on the wall? The only reason I ask is because of the Expressionistic reward trait. I believe that comes with the Painter Extraordinaire aspiration. If so, that could be why your Sim is angry. You would've had to activate the aura on the painting though. Just a thought... :)
    edited January 2018
    No... I particularly don't sculpt or paint sad or angry or negative works. I don't need the hassle. And if I ever do, for whatever reason, I don't put them up in the Sim's own house and activate the aura.

Except hmmm... now that I think about it, I kinda "lost track" of a Sim in this household as I haven't played this household in a few days. When I switched to playing it again, this other Sim was not in the apartment, he was "out" somewhere. I don't remember where tho, I figured he may have been at another Sim household I play, and I just clicked on him to return home. Upon return I noticed he had a bunch of gems in his inventory as well as a bunch of sculpted items created by him that I swear I was not there to ask him to create. I have no clue where/why he made them all, in fact, I even took him to the park and made him put a bunch of these sculptures around the public house there. But two of these said "Sad Sculpture," and I put one in the apartment and turned on the emotional aura. The thing is, it says "Environment 4" so I thought it would only make one said if they specifically chose to view it. Otherwise it would just be, you know, Environment. In fact, I might have put some other sculptures around the house as well and turned on the aura, but I don't remember any of them being Angry ones. I will check now and see. I honestly have no clue where he was and where he made all those, but I certainly did not control him when he did and choose all those sculptures for him to make. It was really strange when he turned up with things in his inventory I didn't recognize.

I found it!! Must be the Angry Sculpture. I thought with these kind of things they only added to Environment unless you viewed them, but apparently not!

575686a72c27e8a468163b02916a5022.png
    Post edited by Sineea on
  • mmfinchmmfinch Posts: 2 New Member
    I also encountered this moodlet. Mom had taken a picture of her toddler when he was angry about playing with blocks. The picture gave the Enraging Decor moodlet. So don't forget snapshots!
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Nope you def. don't need to view them. My sim kept getting hysterical because we had too many nice things lol. I had to delete a few.
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Can you not turn off the aura for the statues? I've never had one around, but I've had other mood-objects and they can really make things difficult.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Also if you have taken pictures of or with sims, if one was angry at the time it will show up as angry decor noodle if it's on your wall