Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Seasons Prediction 2018

Hey Simmers

Here is my prediction on The Sims 4 Seasons

Announcement Time: E3 2018 (Electronic Arts Press Conference)

Release Date: September 18th 2018

Features List:

- Seasons (Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter)
- Weather System
- Dynamic Aging System
- Dynamic Birthdays and Life Events
- Calender System (Days, Months, Years)
- Holidays, Festivals and Seasonal Events
- Temperature System
- Wellness System
- Memory System
- New NPC's
- New Clothing
- New Objects
- New Tools and Building Features
- Create a Style returns

Seasons and Calender:

There is now a Calender in The Sims 4 - different months have different weather and seasons

Within the Calender you can see different events and add your own events - you can also see when your Sims birthday is and now when your sims is born it will have a date when they were born. Events like Marriage, Engagements, Job Promotions or even negetive events will display on the calender and in memory. The Calender can also be configured in the settings to how many days you would like in a year, or in months (you can set it to real life 365 days if you wish). Calender also has a feature where i can record upcoming events and the player can create own events (sticky notes) on it. There is also a Calender object in the game where it can remind sims of upcoming events which can boost mood. There is Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter.

Weather System:

Weather System returns to The Sims 4 with new ones too. Here is a list of weathers in the game:
- Light Rain
- Medium Rain
- Heavy Rain
- Rain Storm
- Sleet Rain
- Light Snow
- Heavy Snow
- Snow Storm
- Light Wind
- Heavy Wind
- Wind Storm
- Warm
- Hot
- Heat Wave
- Hail
- Hail Storm
- Cold
- Freezing

There is now static weather like warm, hot, cold, and freezing like in real life - where it can be a temperture drop and increase but doesn't trigger any rain, snow, wind etc. but the snow, rain or other can happen at random during these times.

There will be a weather forecast on TV, Radio, Internet and Newspaper/Magazines

Dynamic Aging System and Dynamic Birthdays

The sims now have an age numbers and growing up is a bit different now and can be configured in the settings. The default age numbers:

Baby: 0-2 Years Old

Toddler: - 2-5 Years Old

Child: 6-12 Years Old

Teen: 13 - 17 Years Old

Young Adult: 18 - 29 Years Old

Adult - 30 - 59 Years Old

Elder - 60+ Years Old

The Calender System has a Sims birthday every year which adds +1 to their age like in real life. The Sims also now have a birth date which can be seen on their profile stat.

Holidays, Events and Festivals:

There are now Holidays, Events and Festivals - here is the list:

Holidays -

The holidays will display in the Calender

New Years Day
Pancake Day
Valentines Day
Easter Holiday
Summer Holiday
Halloween
Bon Fire Night
Christmas Holidays
Christmas Day

During Easter, Summer and Christmas Holidays - Children and Teens have no School

During New Years Day and Christmas Day - Sims have an option to go to work or not if the workday falls on that day (going to work doubles or triples the pay that day)

Festivals -

There are also now festivals which Sims can go to during Seasons and Holidays - like one for each Season and Holiday

Temperature System -

Sims can now feel cold and hot depending on weather and activity

Life Events -

Sims can now set dates for events like Marriages, Engagements, Holidays, Travel, Conferences and more on the calender now. When a Sim accepts a engagement proposal and screen will show when you would want to get married etc.

Wellness System -

Sims now have a wellness bar which shows the current health state and can show whether the sims have caught a virus or cold for example. When the sims starts to feel ill the wellness bar will be low and in order to find out what is wrong with the sim they would need to go the doctor for the first time to get medication or antidote or resting can help feel better. If sims are healthy like eating good food it will increase the immune system and increase their wellness. Colds and Virus has a 50% chance to spread to other sims if the infected sims is very close.

Memory System -

The new memory system is much more in-depth and had more impact and effect on sims. Positive and Negative memories can be displayed depending on events, holidays and life events. There are smaller memories which can make a huge impact on the sims mood but can be overcome and removed by the sims keeping happy.

NPC -

Lots of new NPC in the game now:

- Santa (Christmas)
- Easter Bunny (Easter)
- Witch (Halloween)
- Clown Enterainer (Summer and Birthdays)
- Burglars (random at night)
- Repo-Man (If bills not paid for long time)
- Mayor (Easter Egg for next Expansion)

New Building Tools -

Heating System - Players can now build a heating system for Sims houses with special user interface that shows where heat is being distributed (similar to Sims City) and which rooms are being heated - new objects like radiators, heating fans, boilers and heating pipers and switches.

Cooling System - Similar to Heating System the player can place a air-conditior, fans and more.

Flexible Walls - Walls can now become curved and flexed which can allow players to create curved walls in any dimension or angle they choose.

Floor Limit Increase to 10 - You can now build floors up to 10 floors now and 5 floors below.

Elevators and Escalators - There is now building tools to create elevators for homes, businesses and more - and escalators for businesses and shopping malls.

Create-A-Style

From the very high demand user feedback CAS (Create a Style) returns to The Sims 4! you can now add custom colors and styles to all objects, sims and clothing and custom patterns, images and patterns can be imported to the game.

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited January 2018
    darkrage7 wrote: »
    Hey Simmers

Features List:

- Weather System
    - Dynamic Aging System
    - Temperature System
    - Wellness System
    - Memory System
    - New NPC's
    - New Clothing
    - New Objects
    - Create a Style returns

Seasons and Calender:

There is now a Calender in The Sims 4 - different months have different weather and seasons

Within the Calender you can see different events and add your own events - you can also see when your Sims birthday is and now when your sims is born it will have a date when they were born. Events like Marriage, Engagements, Job Promotions or even negetive events will display on the calender and in memory. The Calender can also be configured in the settings to how many days you would like in a year, or in months (you can set it to real life 365 days if you wish). Calender also has a feature where i can record upcoming events and the player can create own events (sticky notes) on it. There is also a Calender object in the game where it can remind sims of upcoming events which can boost mood. There is Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter.

Weather System:

Weather System returns to The Sims 4 with new ones too. Here is a list of weathers in the game:
    - Light Rain
    - Medium Rain
    - Heavy Rain
    - Rain Storm
    - Sleet Rain
    - Light Snow
    - Heavy Snow
    - Snow Storm
    - Light Wind
    - Heavy Wind
    - Wind Storm
    - Warm
    - Hot
    - Heat Wave
    - Hail
    - Hail Storm
    - Cold
    - Freezing

There is now static weather like warm, hot, cold, and freezing like in real life - where it can be a temperture drop and increase but doesn't trigger any rain, snow, wind etc. but the snow, rain or other can happen at random during these times.

The sims now have an age numbers and growing up is a bit different now and can be configured in the settings. The default age numbers:

Elder - 60+ Years Old

The Calender System has a Sims birthday every year which adds +1 to their age like in real life. The Sims also now have a birth date which can be seen on their profile stat.

Holidays -

New Years Day
    Pancake Day
    Valentines Day
    Easter Holiday
    Summer Holiday
    Halloween
    Bon Fire Night
    Christmas Holidays
    Christmas Day

During Easter, Summer and Christmas Holidays - Children and Teens have no School

During New Years Day and Christmas Day - Sims have an option to go to work or not if the workday falls on that day (going to work doubles or triples the pay that day)

Festivals -

There are also now festivals which Sims can go to during Seasons and Holidays - like one for each Season and Holiday

Temperature System -

Life Events -

Sims can now set dates for events like Marriages, Engagements, Holidays, Travel, Conferences and more on the calender now. When a Sim accepts a engagement proposal and screen will show when you would want to get married etc.

Wellness System -

Sims now have a wellness bar which shows the current health state and can show whether the sims have caught a virus or cold for example. When the sims starts to feel ill the wellness bar will be low and in order to find out what is wrong with the sim they would need to go the doctor for the first time to get medication or antidote or resting can help feel better. If sims are healthy like eating good food it will increase the immune system and increase their wellness. Colds and Virus has a 50% chance to spread to other sims if the infected sims is very close.

Memory System -

The new memory system is much more in-depth and had more impact and effect on sims. Positive and Negative memories can be displayed depending on events, holidays and life events. There are smaller memories which can make a huge impact on the sims mood but can be overcome and removed by the sims keeping happy.

NPC -

- Santa (Christmas)
    - Easter Bunny (Easter)
    - Witch (Halloween)

New Building Tools -

Heating System - Players can now build a heating system for Sims houses with special user interface that shows where heat is being distributed (similar to Sims City) and which rooms are being heated - new objects like radiators, heating fans, boilers and heating pipers and switches.

Cooling System - Similar to Heating System the player can place a air-conditior, fans and more.

Flexible Walls - Walls can now become curved and flexed which can allow players to create curved walls in any dimension or angle they choose.

Floor Limit Increase to 10 - You can now build floors up to 10 floors now and 5 floors below.

Elevators and Escalators - There is now building tools to create elevators for homes, businesses and more - and escalators for businesses and shopping malls.

Create-A-Style

From the very high demand user feedback CAS (Create a Style) returns to The Sims 4! you can now add custom colors and styles to all objects, sims and clothing and custom patterns, images and patterns can be imported to the game.

You forgot about Thunderstorms and New death types like lightning,freezing to death and heat strokes. Also unfortuanly I think their going to wait to November to release Seasons.
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Unfortunately.. I don't think even half of what you said will be in it.
    I think harsher sun, rain, fog, hail and snow will be in it, and the appropriate attire for it, but I don't think much more will be included. Heck, I won't be surprised if it'll be a game pack after all.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited January 2018
    Jean wrote: »
    Unfortunately.. I don't think even half of what you said will be in it.
    I think harsher sun, rain, fog, hail and snow will be in it, and the appropriate attire for it, but I don't think much more will be included. Heck, I won't be surprised if it'll be a game pack after all.

Hope seasonal festivals make it and are better acclimated then the city living festivals were. I want seasonal festivals to last a sim week atleast.
  • gmomasuegmomasue Posts: 648 Member
    I am still hoping to play and swim in open water
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    Announcement: sometime in August
    Release date: sometime in November.

Content: Weather, holidays and seasonal events, with tied in content. Outerwear. Seasonal allergies.

(Also controls to be able to set lengths of seasons and ability to force weather conditions.)

New world? Maybe. I think once we get seasons it opens up the ability to have (And I LOVE this idea btw) a ski lodge/resort. Although that would not mean you would have to have seasons in order to get that. What I mean is that the technology to get weather/snow in the game would make it possible. Snow will be on all worlds (so long as you don't set it to not be). However if someone has the ski resort and doesn't have seasons, they still get snow, but only on the ski resort vacation spot.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • J_Morris97J_Morris97 Posts: 38 Member
    I love all of those ideas but I feel like it could be split into two separate Expansions, one that is obviously seasons with all the season-related parts but the other one sounds like a Generations style pack by adding in ages and a memory system. Tbh, if a Generations pack with those ideas came out it'd actually make me interested in a family-themed pack
  • x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    Some of these ideas sound like they could be added through a patch. But I like every single one.

To add on, it would be cool if Seasons could add vacation spots, one winter one summer, but that’s probably overstepping expectations :sweat_smile:
  • LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 872 Member
    I think the stuff about weather is spot on but a lot of that other stuff? The aging stuff? Never gonna happen. They'll still keep holidays pretty generic because, believe it or not, not everyone is Christian. I know that's shocking for some but there you go. If there's one thing about this franchise that makes me proud its that it doesn't cater to any religion. Any one religion. I'm expecting Seasons to be released in November like all the EP have been released and there's just no way we're ever getting rounded walls. We can't even get spiral staircases or terrain tools.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    It's better to keep your expectations low when it comes to TS4 Expansion Packs.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited January 2018
    It's amazing, but it's EA. They just will settle for give us a piece of salad.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • vivica86vivica86 Posts: 231 Member
    That all sounds brilliant but I highly doubt we will get anything nearly as good :(
    Let me take you down, cos I'm going to Strawberry Fields... <3
  • TristySnowTristySnow Posts: 13 New Member
    Those are some awesome predictions, I'll honestly be happy though if we only got the seasons, basic weather changes, new cas and build items, deaths and a new world with some new interactions, whatever they are. A calendar and having dates sounds so cool though. I'd like to able to see birth dates and star signs of my Sims actually lol.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Priorities:
    Seasons (Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter)
    - Weather System
    - Temperature System
    - New Clothing
    - New Objects

Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • PolluxSimsPolluxSims Posts: 318 Member
    I think the dynamic weather you suggested sounds really cool, and I'd love for kids/teens to have off in summers, and for there to be dynamic dates or birthdays, anniversaries, etc., but that's about all I could see them adding. Personally I don't like the idea of dynamic ages, or a wellness bar, or being able to die of freezing/having a heat stroke (if those two were added, I probably wouldn't even bother with the EP.) I don't see most of those NPCs being added, other than maybe the repo man one day. Definitely not burglars. Also, why is a mayor considered an Easter egg for the next EP? I don't see them adding elevators, since the ones with CL don't even work. CAS I don't see being added either, sadly.
    Read my Sawyer Legacy Simlit on Wordpress
    - Origin ID: PolluxSims -
  • PintSizedPiratePintSizedPirate Posts: 105 Member
    edited January 2018
    I have to agree, a lot of this sounds extremely unlikely, although the ideas are good.
    My ideas are:

- Ability to play in leaves, snow, and rain. (I personally liked making different kinds of snowmen.)
    - More outdoor activities, such as sandboxes, sidewalk chalk, swings, sprinklers, ice/roller skating.
    - Umbrellas that function the same (or similarly) to TS3 ones.
    - Traits like "Loves Rain/Snow/Heat/etc."
    - Positive moodlets for said traits during certain weather. (Example: "Petrichor" Moodlet for rain lovers.)
    - Sims automatically put on appropriate outwerwear depending on the weather.
    - New section for outerwear in CAS, along with 5 slots like the other clothing types.
    - Change in lighting when weather changes. (Example: Softer lighting for cloudy days, slightly darker during thunderstorms)
    - Shiny rain coats with really cute designs in the outerwear section.
    - More swimsuits, for goodness sake.
    - Lawnmower.
    - Seasonal dishes and beverages. (Example: Snowcone machines, slushies, hot cocoa, etc.
    - A "Holiday Lights" option that can be applied to either one, several, or all houses in the selected world(s).
    - New town.
    - Choose how long seasons last.
    Post edited by PintSizedPirate on
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Don't get your hopes up too high.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I have to agree, a lot of this sounds extremely unlikely, although the ideas are good.
    My ideas are:

- Ability to play in leaves, snow, and rain. (I personally liked making different kinds of snowmen.)
    - More outdoor activities, such as sandboxes, sidewalk chalk, swings, sprinklers, ice/roller skating.
    - Positive moodlets for said traits during certain weather. (Example: "Petrichor" Moodlet for rain lovers.)
    - New section for outerwear in CAS, along with 5 slots like the other clothing types.
    - Change in lighting when weather changes. (Example: Softer lighting for cloudy days, slightly darker during thunderstorms)
    - Lawnmower.
    - Seasonal dishes and beverages. (Example: Snowcone machines, slushies, hot cocoa, etc.
    - A "Holiday Lights" option that can be applied to either one, several, or all houses in the selected world(s).
    - New town.

I agree with most of this with the exception of:

Lawnmowers. Grass does't grow and mowing your lawn could take all day if not several, or are you wanting a LAWNBA?

New Town. Not happening. Seasons is too big to add a new town. And seasons covers every world, so, in a way, you get several new worlds, but no new lots. S3 didn't have one so, I don't expect to see one in S4.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    The Sims 2 Seasons did have Riverblossom Hills...but then again, neighborhoods in that game simply used SimCity 4 terrain data, and then they just add the neighborhood decorations.

I wouldn't mind no new world with a Seasons expansion. I just want seasons to be present and fully functional in all the existing worlds, and for the seasonal cycle to be customizable in each world. If you're a wacky simmer who wants snow in the desert, nothing should stop you.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • PintSizedPiratePintSizedPirate Posts: 105 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    My ideas are:

- Lawnmower.
    - New town.

I agree with most of this with the exception of:

Lawnmowers. Grass does't grow and mowing your lawn could take all day if not several, or are you wanting a LAWNBA?

New Town. Not happening. Seasons is too big to add a new town. And seasons covers every world, so, in a way, you get several new worlds, but no new lots. S3 didn't have one so, I don't expect to see one in S4.

I assumed that if they added lawnmowers, they would add the function of the grass growing. But, it's just an idea. Who knows what will be added?
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I woke up in April
  • NeverSeemsToEndNeverSeemsToEnd Posts: 292 Member
    darkrage7 wrote: »
    Hey Simmers

Features List:

- Weather System
    - Dynamic Aging System
    - Temperature System
    - Wellness System
    - Memory System
    - New NPC's
    - New Clothing
    - New Objects
    - Create a Style returns

Seasons and Calender:

Weather System:

- Light Rain
    - Medium Rain
    - Heavy Rain
    - Rain Storm
    - Sleet Rain
    - Light Snow
    - Heavy Snow
    - Snow Storm
    - Light Wind
    - Heavy Wind
    - Wind Storm
    - Warm
    - Hot
    - Heat Wave
    - Hail
    - Hail Storm
    - Cold
    - Freezing

Elder - 60+ Years Old

Holidays -

New Years Day
    Pancake Day
    Valentines Day
    Easter Holiday
    Summer Holiday
    Halloween
    Bon Fire Night
    Christmas Holidays
    Christmas Day

Festivals -

Temperature System -

Life Events -

Wellness System -

Memory System -

NPC -

- Santa (Christmas)
    - Easter Bunny (Easter)
    - Witch (Halloween)

New Building Tools -

Create-A-Style

To much for this game, for the budget every pack have, and time they give the developers in each pack. It would be great, but......no......it won't happen this way. Seasons is my favorite EP and it's sad that for the first time i'm not really excited with the idea of this type EP in a the sims game., because i know they will screw things up one more time. I know the developers do their best with the resourses they have, it's not them that are in the wrong here......!!!!
    Origin ID: NeverSeemsToEnd