Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,752 Member
    I was attempting to make fruit and I cut myself (not too badly)..but I knew it was going to happen eventually anyway. It might make a fear that was hidden inside me go away even more now..I actually did cut myself..
    6adMCGP.gif
  • ParkPark Posts: 625 Member
    chalicen wrote: »
    Park wrote: »
    @friendsfan367 I apologise, I stepped out for a moment. I had not expected a reply that quickly and I further apologise for taking the thread off the topic of writing. My native language is what is Romanized as joseonmal It is also spelled out as chosun mal or chosunmal.

@simscognito Oh my. Sorry to disappoint. I live an a small town in the shadow of 5 institutions of higher learning about 95 miles west of Boston. But I have only lived in the United States a bit more than a decade. My route here is, shall we say, "interesting". But I shan't bore the fine denizens of this thread with all that rubbish.

Hi! Korean speaker here, how similar would joseonmal be to Korean? Sorry for the random question. Just curious xD

Oh wait are they the same thing

Not precisely. The northern portion of that peninsula has been separate and isolated for so long that the language is "frozen in time" as it were. Perhaps not as much as, say, if you were to endeavor to speak with Mr. Shakespeare or his contemporaries, but South Korea has absorbed and adopted much from abroad, and as such it is almost a different "dialect".

It is not a secret in here amongst those who have encountered me on here, but my former address is in P'Yongyang
    When I encounter Korean speakers here I stick with English, as the differences are enough so as to have each one repeating themselves.
  • BlackUndecimberBlackUndecimber Posts: 1,116 Member
    @friendsfan367 I apologise, I stepped out for a moment. I had not expected a reply that quickly and I further apologise for taking the thread off the topic of writing. My native language is what is Romanized as joseonmal It is also spelled out as chosun mal or chosunmal.

@simscognito Oh my. Sorry to disappoint. I live an a small town in the shadow of 5 institutions of higher learning about 95 miles west of Boston. But I have only lived in the United States a bit more than a decade. My route here is, shall we say, "interesting". But I shan't bore the fine denizens of this thread with all that rubbish.

Hi! Korean speaker here, how similar would joseonmal be to Korean? Sorry for the random question. Just curious xD

Not precisely. The northern portion of that peninsula has been separate and isolated for so long that the language is "frozen in time" as it were. Perhaps not as much as, say, if you were to endeavor to speak with Mr. Shakespeare or his contemporaries, but South Korea has absorbed and adopted much from abroad, and as such it is almost a different "dialect".

It is not a secret in here amongst those who have encountered me on here, but my former address is in P'Yongyang
    When I encounter Korean speakers here I stick with English, as the differences are enough so as to have each one repeating themselves.

Interesting O.o Thanks for the answer!
  • MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    Happy Timezones all! :blush:

For once, I was able to stick to a deadline that I set for myself!!! :D

Chapter 105: Time-Lapse
    samlapov5.jpg
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
    edited January 2018
    MadameLee wrote: »
    I was attempting to make fruit and I cut myself (not too badly)..but I knew it was going to happen eventually anyway. It might make a fear that was hidden inside me go away even more now..I actually did cut myself..

Oh that is dreadful. I am glad it was ut a minor cut, but paring fruit or vegetables seems to take some sleight of hand.

ig]

What a lovely bit of art! I did alter the quoted post so as to not duplicate the image, hopefully you do not mind. But in the past I have seen entire pages of a thread taken up by duplications of the same work! At any rate, That you stick to a deadline for such an ambitious work speaks well of your talents!

OK I have haunted this page for quite long enough. I shall now return to lurking in the shadows, lest Cathy Coffee show me the door for being such a chatterbox.. ^_^
  • MedleyMistyMedleyMisty Posts: 1,188 Member

Oh that is dreadful. I am glad it was ut a minor cut, but paring fruit or vegetables seems to take some sleight of hand.

ig]

What a lovely bit of art! I did alter the quoted post so as to not duplicate the image, hopefully you do not mind. But in the past I have seen entire pages of a thread taken up by duplications of the same work! At any rate, That you stick to a deadline for such an ambitious work speaks well of your talents!

OK I have haunted this page for quite long enough. I shall now return to lurking in the shadows, lest Cathy Coffee show me the door for being such a chatterbox.. ^_^

Her username is CathyTea, and she is a good and moral and caring person.
    Sometimes the darkness and I tell stories.
  • MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member

Thanks! :blush: No problems about the image, I know what you mean. :)

dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
    edited January 2018

ig]

I know. I converse with her often by way of P M. . That was a bit of my mischievous side of which she is quite aware.

Apologies to those who are unaware that she knows I have a bit of fun with her screen handle.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

ig]

I know. I converse with her often by way of P M. . That was a bit of my mischievous side of which she is quite aware.

Apologies to those who are unaware that she knows I have a bit of fun with her screen handle.

i rarely even call her cathtea. usually sis or sissy.
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

ig]

@Park and I are good friends! :) We've got a long-standing PM going, with all teasing is done affectionately and mutually! :)

And thanks for jumping in for me! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Hi, all! I'm here to introduce a new feature in Book Club! .

It's a one-week feature of a shorter selection, and it's called Tasty Read.

Our first Tasty Read writer is @RipuAncestor , and she's selected for us to read "Waking Up," the first chapter of her Ambrosia Challenge Story, Forget-Me-Not.

Since this is a shorter selection, you should be able to read it in one sitting (or two, if you get interrupted!).

We'll be talking with the writer all week about her writing process, her sources of inspiration, and anything else we're interested in.

Hope you join us! :)

(Tasty Reads are held every three weeks, in-between the longer features.)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Another Update from me. :)
    Chapter 3.21
    oq6QjzTl.png
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member

Nah you didn't disappoint @Park and no you're not being boring. People's ancestry is fascinating. :)

@friendsfan367 Haere ra! Okay, that was mean! :D Places halo back above head.

i don't know but the one i looked up means hello.

It means goodbye.

yeah now i know what you speak. singsong voce i tricked cog itricked cog.

Hehe. No @friendsfan367 I still don't think you do. ;)
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Happy time zones all :) I took a break from writing since the recent release of Monster Hunter World, and man I am having an adrenaline rush hunting humongous beasts :lol:
  • elifdapetonelifdapeton Posts: 217 Member
    edited January 2018
    Saying hi so people notice my new PP
    peoples%2Blegacy.gif
    Peoples Legacy
    | Legacy Challenge Story. 18+
    Saying hi so people notice my new PP

Very nice. I like the hat!

I myself nosed onto this thread Sunday after a lengthy pause in part because I finally got that "s-image" of mine to have a decent look on her face! Then I saw a bit about "self-directed learning" and tat was something I actually could comment on.
  • Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Good morning!

Juliana gets a long-awaited letter from home! What does Mamá have to say now? Enjoy.

http://www.jes2gstories.com/juliana-chapter-117-the-truth-about-us/
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member

samlapov5.jpg

Be still my heart!!
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited January 2018
    @Simphonique no need to apologize for the question. I popped over to read a chapter of the story you mentioned and holy guacamole! It was intense, and really good. I will add it to my long list of SimLit to read. As for TS2 stories, I don't really have any I follow except http://dunne-ias.tumblr.com/tagged/pleasantviewround1/chrono about the Goth family. I would suggest the Stories and Legacies Index by @mastressalita here - https://storiesandlegaciesindex.wordpress.com/tag/game-sims-2/ with a listing of TS2 stories. :)

Thank you for caring of my asking @AdamsEve1231. My request isn't for me but for a friend she wants to read sims stories themes she likes and I can't help her at all myself that's why I ask the Simlit community, I know many of your read plenty of different stories, our community gathers a massive varied writters from all over the world using all the sims series, you were the best to ask for.

---
    Anyways if some of you knows about sims stories other than mentionned by @AdamsEve1231 in this conversation listed or not in our Index of Stories by @mastressalita, fairly drama realistic scripted stories except about poverty and unemployment theme .She also searches for stories with sick children or teenagers (style "little fire burning") Historical, love stories, soap opera stories (no Show-Biz , No Celebrity,No Performing Arts Carreer), Crime close to " Criminal Minds " (no Crime stories mixed with Action Movies) no Creatures , Sci-fi or Futuristic/Future writes.
    No challenges , no premades, no regular gameplay stories and no sims 4.

Please notif me send me a pm don't hesitate to contact me I would like to help her. Thank you.
    ---

<3 me I got other tastes but as I am slow reader I don't master English it's hard really to follow sims stories and I am rather very very introvert with my own story. I am so ashamed !

Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • SimmerSuper6464SimmerSuper6464 Posts: 224 Member
    @IchigoUsagi I am actually doing save that is based around the Percy Jackson books! With every relationship and everything. It is so tiring.
  • IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
    @IchigoUsagi I am actually doing save that is based around the Percy Jackson books! With every relationship and everything. It is so tiring.

I bet that would be! :) There are a lot of characters in those books, from what I remember. (I've only read the first one, however, and that was a while ago.)
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    edited January 2018

ig]

i rarely even call her cathtea. usually sis or sissy.

It's funny, @friendsfan367. I have a hard time thinking of her as anything but @CathyTea, though I sometimes say CT. I think she was one of my first friend in the forums.

I have other friends in my life whom I always refer to by first and last name (not that Cathy's last name actually is Tea :p ), never just one or the other. Usually it's an alliteration thing or maybe because that's how I remember them. Haha. I have to remind myself when I'm writing LASL to call her Simself Cathy.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Speaking of LASL, I have a new update. I was on a roll yesterday afternoon and binge wrote a chapter for each day this week. Woot!

11-13-17_2-36-49c2a0pm.png?w=1024&h=576
    Lizzie helps Teresa keep her mind off her sick baby brother and they stay up all night playing. :)
    Entry No. 7 How to Help a Friend
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    Hi folks!

Still experiencing some pain from wisdom tooth removal, but it is better today. Not going to work since talking on the phone will probably strain me, which means a full writing day for me!

What's everyone else up to?
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Karilan wrote: »
    Hi folks!

Still experiencing some pain from wisdom tooth removal, but it is better today. Not going to work since talking on the phone will probably strain me, which means a full writing day for me!

What's everyone else up to?

Hi @Karilan . Ah no tooth pain is never fun, but on the up side, yay for a whole writing day! :smiley:
    I'm just waking up and am catching up on some simLit before the day truly begins. XD

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top