Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Career do you want to see next?

Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
edited January 2018 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I was inspired to make this thread, which Career do you want to see added next?
e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png

Which Career do you want to see next? 343 votes

Military
7%
CK213Celticgamer0SavorySageKiaraSims4Modssomechick10011CristinaMareearia34556Sigzy05SekrilChadSims2Karababy52SilentSpy0EnkiSchmidtDcD2510GrumpyGlowfishJordan061102Reallysoawkward23poltergeistRae357BiggieCheese 26 votes
Education
20%
auroraael14Bluefairy286Sigma4lifeaprilroseMrsTomato1018shadyladynzKlthfSerraNolwenMissSassyMoon_Willowluthienrisingfruitsbasket101MINEZtaydevRamblineRoseEmmaRosewelljheyjuneiceZeldaboy180the_greenplumbobLexington1988 70 votes
Adventurer
3%
ChampandGirliecheifeagleeyecatmando830MasonGamerMDianaSimsYsna887alydreamsDBClaytonAmavariAzukiMochiLavenderxclouds 11 votes
Self Employed Careers (Writer, Painter, Potion Maker, etc)
7%
DannydanboAuroraBoreallisAnthonydyerDryodaSE08rambahadoerabbyblueflowerkochamkluskix_Always_Heart_xJohn_Citrontthraolce17sof2106nayruslove7PsychoSimXXSimmer_chiyenMirithilRoseHavejusticecherryboyJJEmmaLeighkaching 25 votes
Paranormal (From sims 2, but could also include things like Fortune telling and Ghost hunting)
9%
redrogue60LongsocksDotten8Jennyggashcrash19CeCeDotTerralittlemissgogo3KNPenWinifred_WillowSimKeatsSheepilingLoanetloutredorAuronoiChieftaincomicsforlifeGiorgijoyfulsimmerShadowmarkedSihu 34 votes
Singer
13%
Erja888Isb917barracuda1574sweetliljabloodydarkanglCinders2712JEREMIAsnikkipoofullspiralDrago97232AngelEb95HermitgirlFreezerBunnyCowplantnessatay1920HopeCrashDaniRose2143FanPhoriaLiesSimtray987berke1294 46 votes
Actor
5%
CorkysPetalsrafaeljonasPlumbobCrossingBlueOvaleBreazonaDominicLaurencesimgamejosephgranger23Vivi_WillowTreeAngelSimmzCaptainGamezhoneywitchYouSublataAbyArashiChelsialypizzaforpresidentAmandèleRavenSpit 19 votes
Firefighter (includes the NPC!)
11%
alan650111lsnishimaggiemae8135KaeChan2089mueller_liteBabykittyjadelysia_knightTechbiltBigCatlover26aws200sillyangel0906fidelis_x0ScobreshnailehDestin2016MarcelinaCupcakeWitchAshtontoAshton22RenSimmernellynx 40 votes
One of the Ambition Careers (Architect, Stylist, Inventor, please specify)
6%
GoldmoldarKulthero777KalebsmommaTurloughdudeLittlBowBubtexxx78BMSOEmo-usagi2187giveit2meInternal_Chaos5000birdsSimtarris22WillKDavidHEW310LocilieAlistairlover31DjMoonSERVERFRASCORPIOofficialSims_all_day 23 votes
Other (please specify)
14%
LeGardePourprekeekee53MarkooshCynnasimgirl1010friendlysimmersrobyngravesBagoas77g01denswandavina1221NextTrickAnvilsannaliese39mintycupcakeLatinaBunnyplopppo2pandie00SomeChick1Simzilla_7buydebugZenovis 49 votes

Comments

• 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited January 2018
    Paranormal (From sims 2, but could also include things like Fortune telling and Ghost hunting)
    I chose Paranormal because I really, really REALLY want the ghost hunting career back in Sims 4. But I also would love and Adventurer career or Education. And one you left off from Sims 2 which is Dancer.

Another one I want which I don't think has been in any of the previous games is a Researcher/Librarian career.
    ~ ~ ~
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Other (please specify)
    I have mods that give me military, self-employment, firefighter and education so I’m good on those. Maybe if they made firefighter active I’d be interested. Actor and singer might be fun.

What’s adventurer?
  • zefronzefron Posts: 157 Member
    Singer
    I couldn't decide between singer, actor, or firefighter. I ended up picking singer because I'm just dying for bands in ts4.
    // WEREWOLF BOYBANDS //

not so berry family tree
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    They had the chance to put firefighters in Get to Work but they completely blew it.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    edited January 2018
    Adventurer
    We have singer and writer, painter, etc. can choose work from home.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    Adventurer
    Adventurer! Preferably as an active career. Though I wouldn't mind having the military career back.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Education
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I have mods that give me military, self-employment, firefighter and education so I’m good on those. Maybe if they made firefighter active I’d be interested. Actor and singer might be fun.

What’s adventurer?

"The Adventurer career was introduced in The Sims 2: Seasons. Jocks are likely to work in this career. The only college major associated with this career is Literature."

It was a nice little career in sims 2.
    Adventurer! Preferably as an active career. Though I wouldn't mind having the military career back.

We're getting an adventure theme pack next, so maybe I should've excluded Adventurer lol. But then again who knows lol.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    Firefighter, but I do really miss the ghost hunting career from Sims 3.
  • Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    Military
    Though I have a Military and Education mod, I would love to have those in the game officially. I would also like the Firefighter career, singer, and pretty much all of the missing ones from previous games :lol:
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    I love Paranormal careers! However, the thing I want most that wasn't on the list is some sort of outdoorsy, park ranger type career. Adventurer could sort of fit that but not in my less wacky stories, though I love that career too.
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    Other (please specify)
    Active daycare! Like in TS3.

Oh, wait a minute - TS4 doesn't produce toddlers.

What a savage turn of events.
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Actor
    I want an actor career so bad!! Or it could be a profession so you can go to work with them. Please please, pretty please!
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Self Employed Careers (Writer, Painter, Potion Maker, etc)
    I tend to get creative with how my Sim earns money, so more self employment options.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • hannahdesney_hannahdesney_ Posts: 21 Member
    I picked Paranormal, but I also like the idea of military, singer, and education being incorporated.
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Terra wrote: »
    I love Paranormal careers! However, the thing I want most that wasn't on the list is some sort of outdoorsy, park ranger type career. Adventurer could sort of fit that but not in my less wacky stories, though I love that career too.

Yes I would love a Park Ranger Career as well!

At the very least I wish it would allow NPC's with certain jobs like librarian, park ranger, bartender & Spa Worker to keep those jobs even if they're not "Active" any longer and just disappear like the rest of the careers.
    ~ ~ ~
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Military
    My vote is with military. The only other career I want is a active career with bands with the ability to create my own fill the members with my Sims and add a working stage for nightclubs so they could go play and be paid for it.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    Military
    I'm tired of having to substitute astronaut for military and comedian for actor.
  • HarlowandMeHarlowandMe Posts: 231 Member
    Other (please specify)
    I would really love a fashion designer career:))) But would really love all the careers that were options too:))
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Education
    It's gonna be Education for me
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• ChocolatSantaChocolatSanta Posts: 13 New Member
    Other (please specify)
    I miss running a kindergarden very much.
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    edited January 2018
    Education
    Education, since that is my actual profession, ha.

ETA: although strangely enough considering my play style, I would love for paranormal careers to make a comeback. I think I enjoyed it in S3 so much because I still had a sense of "realism" and "normalcy" while playing every day life, but I did enjoy the surprises of the ghost hunting career. And best of all, both could exist without interfering with each other. It's one reason why I haven't bought vampires, even though I know how well they are done. They would be amazing to play once in a while, but they would get in the way of my every day life and that would be too immersion breaking for me.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited January 2018
    Other (please specify)
    Acrobat was my favorite career in The Sims 3.

I would also like Firefighter, Model, Military, Lifeguard, Test subject and Law (Lawyer) careers.
  • Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    One of the Ambition Careers (Architect, Stylist, Inventor, please specify)
    I picked Ambition cause i love giving simsa make over lol and get paid for it cause i enjoyed it in the sims2 and 3, was lots of fun even the bad ones. ahaha!
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Other (please specify)
    I wouldn't mind all of the above really.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png