Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Keen Legacy - End of Generation 3 TODAY - January 29

Comments

• superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Where you going Chelsey?
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
    Chelsey and Snapdragon have arrived in town and they're looking for the truth.

It's time to (finally) find out the truth. Also, I've included a second update which contain some behind the scene information for this arc (the link is at the end of the post)

Draco and Chelsey are back from Oasis Springs. Now what?

I'm back with one last update before we return to twice a week updates. So crank up Edie Brickell and the Bohemians and enjoy.

I don't know how many people actually read this, but... bad news.

So my home was broken into on Friday, and one of the only things stolen was my computer, which of course contained my sims stuff.

As it stands, I've got enough chapters on Wordpress to last until June... but I don't have access to any of the sims that I'd created because I hadn't uploaded any of them to the gallery (that I'm aware of).

Which leaves me in a bit of a pickle. Do I just scrap this and start from scratch? Do I try to recreate the sims, but knowing that I'm not any good at that, likely fail and have characters who look somewhat similar but also completely different? I mean, I can hope that my computer gets recovered, but aside from hitting up craigslist and local pawn shops, I'm kind of ruling out that possibility entirely.

So needless to say, this story may be ending earlier than I had hoped (I had so many plans for future generations! It kind of bums me out that it's going to end like this).
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Oh no! :( That's horrible. I don't know what to suggest...
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • bad1788bad1788 Posts: 42 Member
    Bookmarking this to add to my growing list of SimLit to catch up on. But can I just see say that your Gen 1 and Gen 2 heirs are perhaps the most similar looking sims I have ever seen? All my in game birth sims wind up looking vaguely like their parents if at all but I had to do a triple take because they look almost like twins! Heck, even my twins genetics rarely turn out so well.
    bad1788 wrote: »
    Bookmarking this to add to my growing list of SimLit to catch up on. But can I just see say that your Gen 1 and Gen 2 heirs are perhaps the most similar looking sims I have ever seen? All my in game birth sims wind up looking vaguely like their parents if at all but I had to do a triple take because they look almost like twins! Heck, even my twins genetics rarely turn out so well.

I know! I never really noticed it until recently, and I'm really not sure how the genetics worked out that way. I can guarantee that it won't be the case going forward, but aside from a darker skin tone (and the fact that the Gen 2 heir works out all the time), they look very similar.

Let me know what you think! Generation 3 is coming soon!
    Alright, there have been a few updates since I last posted (still working on getting a new computer...) but for now, here is the latest chapter:
    Well, at the very least, the picture that my current signature belongs to has finally appeared in the story. Huzzah!
  • KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    I'm caught up and my heart is mended. You've got a lovely story here Kyle!

Also, amazed at how far ahead you played! I think I've been staring at that signature image for a while, wow!

So are Draco and Chelsey going to have kiddos now, or is Rose going to steal the legacy out from under him? Hmmmm the potential plot twists!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
    Karilan wrote: »
    I'm caught up and my heart is mended. You've got a lovely story here Kyle!

Also, amazed at how far ahead you played! I think I've been staring at that signature image for a while, wow!

So are Draco and Chelsey going to have kiddos now, or is Rose going to steal the legacy out from under him? Hmmmm the potential plot twists!

@Karilan Hahaha, yeah, I wrote the entire second generation before I started posting it, which included gathering screenshots and everything. Unfortunately it's not the same with generation 3, so halfway through the characters will start looking a little bit different, but what can we do? I've recreated most of the characters, so I'm ready to actually move them into the world again and start playing with them.

I'm glad your heart is mended! When you posted that (amazing) tribute to Daisy, I felt so guilty, because I knew, all along, she'd make a comeback... I was a bit nervous that people would revolt, so I'm glad that wasn't the case.

As for the legacy - Snapdragon is next in line, but who knows what terrible things Rose might be capable of? *insert evil laugh here*
    No revolt here! It was more like a dream come true, and because you didn’t sugar coat the return it felt even more real for this fam. This isn’t the type of situation for her to have come back to the family with open arms and a warm heart. She needed to forget that life to move forward.

I liked Chelsey’s comment that Daisy thinks she is happy, because that’s all that actually matters and few people understand that.

Daisy isn’t really gone, her attitude lives on!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
    @Karilan

It's interesting, because I think (I don't remember exactly) that that's exactly what I had planned with Daisy - she'd be found, married and alive, and come back to the family having learned a valuable lesson about... something?

Either way, what I ended up doing was more fun and also more true to Daisy.
    @Karilan

It's interesting, because I think (I don't remember exactly) that that's exactly what I had planned with Daisy - she'd be found, married and alive, and come back to the family having learned a valuable lesson about... something?

Either way, what I ended up doing was more fun and also more true to Daisy.

If she had come back happy, I think Rose would have self combusted.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    New chapter! Snapdragon reunites with an old friend!

Things are about to change one more time... but first, the calm before the storm.

• MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    again?
    6adMCGP.gif
    MadameLee wrote: »
    again?

@MadameLee Change can be a good thing!
    Alright... this is one of my favorite chapters of this generation (maybe even my favorite?) - and it's all about Rose!

It's time for a jump to the future! Chelsey's pregnant and her baby is kicking.

After this chapter, there's only two more chapters before this generation is over. Ay karamba!
    We're almost done with the generation, but first we need to let the family deal with their grief about Kingston.
    It's the end of generation 2! Time to meet the new heir!