March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Graham shows next SP Icon - The Sims 4: Cockroach Stuff?!

Comments

• lanasimmerlanasimmer Posts: 137 Member
    If it is true- why would anyone need a bug related stuff pack? Don't get me wrong I think the rats in the fixer upper apartments in SM and the mouse holes in the walls from CD are cool but still. I don't think anyone has a use for bugs
    origin id: lanathesimmer
  • LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    Oh Graham, you're such a tease.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Cockroach stuff, lol.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Erja888 wrote: »
    Evil_One wrote: »
    EA finally admitting they ARE adding more bugs into the game?

Either that or he could just mean that they are trying to fix bugs that came with "Laudry Day Stuff"?!

Fix? Bugs? Um.......
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    edited January 2018
    lanasimmer wrote: »
    If it is true- why would anyone need a bug related stuff pack? Don't get me wrong I think the rats in the fixer upper apartments in SM and the mouse holes in the walls from CD are cool but still. I don't think anyone has a use for bugs

Pretty sure its been confirmed fake anyways but some examples could be an ant farm, pet spiders, beehives and able to collect honey. Catching bugs with a bug net but we already have bugs in outdoor retreat so... I can't think of any gameplay objects that involved a cockroach. Or a beetle, since some people think its a beetle. What use and value this will bring to the game is up for debate but its an interesting theme.

But I am 99.9% sure @SimGuruGraham was just trolling us because the icon came from a extermination company and not a render created by Maxis.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    Well, now he's changed to a silverfish and it's from the same extermination company. I was hoping it hinted at a "grunge" pack, but maybe we will get an exterminator in a patch this quarter whichever month the game pack isn't released.
  • jude72plajude72pla Posts: 784 Member
    Do you remember a few years ago he posted pictures of raccoons outside of the Maxis building, then the next EP had racoon suits.
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    I think he's definitely hinting at something. I'm guessing the game pack will come out in March, so that leaves February for a free update with the patch. If it is an exterminator, I hope we get more pest infestations with it.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    jude72pla wrote: »
    Do you remember a few years ago he posted pictures of raccoons outside of the Maxis building, then the next EP had racoon suits.

So cockroach suits? I'd...be okay without those. :s
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited January 2018
    It kind of makes sense that exterminators might be needed now (though still waiting on burglars). Not only are there dirty dishes to attract flies/pests etc, but laundry piles (moths too perhaps) and pets (flea infestation and fumigation as well as the mouseholes, maybe?).
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    gpqd2Sft_400x400.jpg

I see what is going on here.

2 Sims on a beach.

They draw a heart shape in the sand.

They then woohoo under a surfboard - using it as cover.

Haha! This has to be the best interpretation I've seen yet! :D
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    gpqd2Sft_400x400.jpg

I see what is going on here.

2 Sims on a beach.

They draw a heart shape in the sand.

They then woohoo under a surfboard - using it as cover.

I see six legs coming from underneath that board! People, Some wild stuff is finally on its way.
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    I'm old. And odd because the first thing that popped into my head was Moongather by Jo Clayton.
  • tinacolada00tinacolada00 Posts: 409 Member
    edited January 2018
    Read the different bug descriptions for this “business”. “People would
    Need shots after spider bites??. I think this was a very elaborate hint! Looks like this pack will bring some “bug” and pest related doom and gloom. Silverfish will eat your cotton (beds and furniture). Rats will chew your electric wiring which could lead to a fire and mice leave traces of their presence. Spiders will bite you and you may need medical attention. Roaches will infest your house. It seems like the site IS the clue
    https://www.axispestservices.com.au/types-of-pests

The question mark that was Graham’s previous photo is also on the site here: https://www.axispestservices.com.au
    Post edited by tinacolada00 on
    From the side regarding mice:

“No one likes to see a mouse in the house. The three major pest species of rodents are the Norway Rat, the Roof Rat, and the House Mouse. Rodents are not only responsible for the loss and contamination of food, fire can result from short circuiting caused when rodents gnaw
    electrical wiring.

Rodents move inside during the winter months looking for shelter and food. However, in commercial premises rodents can be a problem all year round. Within a period of a year, the mating of a single pair of rodents can result in a rodent population of
    400-700.

If you see droppings, urination stains, or other signs of rodents, call Axis today before the problem grows! “
    It makes sense that they are giving us the “danger” and “problems” that have been requested by the community. Bugs .. so gross! I can’t imagine paying for problems with bugs and mice; however, I LOVE this direction. **if it is actually true***
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Ha. Sims 4: Vermin. Rats running down the street with impunity. Dumpsters full of maggots. Roaches under every sofa. The pristine neighborhoods of The Sims 4 now turned to worlds of pestilence. That would be amazing and hilarious.
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Ha. Sims 4: Vermin. Rats running down the street with impunity. Dumpsters full of maggots. Roaches under every sofa. The pristine neighborhoods of The Sims 4 now turned to worlds of pestilence. That would be amazing and hilarious.

I can really see it happening! What a cool idea! And disgusting but still...cool!? Termites. Home damages. Options to purchase warranties or risk it. Eeek!

• OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited January 2018
    OEII1001 wrote: »

I can really see it happening! What a cool idea! And disgusting but still...cool!? Termites. Home damages. Options to purchase warranties or risk it. Eeek!
    Maybe some new lot traits. 'Swampy' for example -- water tends to collect on this lot due to poor drainage, making mosquitoes more of a nuisance when outdoors. It could be made to work with a Seasons EP where the bugs appear after it rains.
    edited January 2018
    It makes sense that they are giving us the “danger” and “problems” that have been requested by the community. Bugs .. so gross! I can’t imagine paying for problems with bugs and mice; however, I LOVE this direction. **if it is actually true***

It ain't the sort of danger I was expecting but hey if it were to present some extra challenges, I would welcome such a pack with open arms.
    Anyway, I'm not looking too much into this. I just buy whatever they throw my way.
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Need shots after spider bites??. I think this was a very elaborate hint! Looks like this pack will bring some “bug” and pest related doom and gloom. Silverfish will eat your cotton (beds and furniture). Rats will chew your electric wiring which could lead to a fire and mice leave traces of their presence. Spiders will bite you and you may need medical attention. Roaches will infest your house. It seems like the site IS the clue

The question mark that was Graham’s previous photo is also on the site here: https://www.axispestservices.com.au

I just looked at the company page for the first time. Their logo is literally a sideways plumbob with stripes.

I find it unbelievable that Maxis would make a fake business just to tease us about upcoming content but its so odd
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • dopaminedroiddopaminedroid Posts: 169 Member
    I thought the website might have been created by Maxis as a hint, but archive.org has archives of the website since late 2004.
    -OneGrilledCheese @ the gallery-
    LiesSim wrote: »

It ain't the sort of danger I was expecting but hey if it were to present some extra challenges, I would welcome such a pack with open arms.
    Anyway, I'm not looking too much into this. I just buy whatever they throw my way.

Hahaha! Me too!

I just looked at the company page for the first time. Their logo is literally a sideways plumbob with stripes.

I find it unbelievable that Maxis would make a fake business just to tease us about upcoming content but its so odd

Isn’t it?!? I had to change my “theory” because I couldn’t believe maxis would make a fake pest control website. I mean, I really don’t think they should be doing something like that. And im still not sure if they did. However, most business offer pricing of some kind or photos of employees where this one does not. This has been the most fun “speculation” I’ve had in forever. Haha!