Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ashes to Ashes: A Legacy [Temporary Hiatus 4/4]

Comments

• CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    @xbecky685x this will definitely not be very easy for Harper! Especially leaving Phoenix :( She’ll get weekly visits with hiim, but... yeah, definitely not the same as being there with him. :(

Thank you for reading! :heart:
    snvAF3B.png
    edited January 2018
    Alright, could not resist sharing this with everyone, since I finally am able to without spoiling things :tongue:

I would just like to point out that @WitcHazard made this comment WAY back on Harper's SECOND child chapter back on July 30th :joy:
    Anti Shipper: Harper is going to go to jail! Calling it now! Ladies and gentlemen we may be looking at the first truly bad seed of the Rosebrooks!

I still remember seeing that comment and FLIPPING out that she managed to call it so soon :joy: In fact, I even went back and found the actual chat log from a discord chat with @InfraGreen from that day :joy:
    CitizenErased14 - 07/30/2017
    Also, WitcHazard is *edited-for-the-forums*ing PSYCHIC
    She was the first one who predicted Harper would have hearing loss
    And did you see what she said today????
    "She's going to jail"
    Omg
    Get out of my head!

Just had to share that with all of you since tomorrow is the big day we've all been waiting for :open_mouth: Everyone knew this was coming eventually... But I can officially say that WitcHazard was the first! :tongue: She gets a gold star :joy:
    snvAF3B.png
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @WitcHazard will I get a raise, will The Sims 5 actually be good, and will Tom Brady run out of fingers for his Super Bowl rings? Answer pls.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Wow, that's incredible!
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    Pats @WitcHazard on the back! Way to go! :)

@CitizenErased14 Looking forward to seeing how Harper handles this.
  • KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    Mari has been on my mind lately. I think she's been lurking there for a few days since reading the last chapter but I didn't realize it until this morning. She just kind of popped up like this loving passenger in my day and I'm just enjoying hugging that memory of her.

Harper is in a very similar situation regarding separation from Phoenix. Obviously the circumstances are a little different...but not entirely.

Harper is going to miss out on a huge part of her life, and of someone else's life because of her own stupid decisions and her failure to acknowledge a problem! Interesting how we've come full circle. I don't expect Harper to bounce back from this as Mari did, but I HOPE she does at some point.

VERY interested to see what Phoenix's life will be like. I'd love to see Zayne and Hope raise another child...this will be extremely emotional for them and I bet it will be really hard for them to let him go once Harper is ready.

Also, not at all saying Mari bounced back quickly but if she were an elastic band, Harper would be glue.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
    Thank you for sharing these thoughts @Karilan ! :heart: I feel some of these parallels between them too. Though you're right that Mari probably bounced back more quickly than Harper can! Guess we'll see though...
    snvAF3B.png
  • KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    @superkyle221 I’m glad you enjoyed Zayne’s POV!

And the answer to your question is no time jump :tongue: The next 20-ish chapters (maybe more!) will all be while she’s in prison haha. Fasten your seatbelt!

@CitizenErased14 I just dug back through some pages and saw this comment. Argh. I'm gonna need a lot of Mari hugs. :'(
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
    Here's the chapter we've all been waiting for...

6.55: Interlude - Prison
    DCnfyd3.png
    snvAF3B.png
  • rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    Funny.
    I was just thinking about Katie the other day.
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Katie has been busy. Unless she just really enjoys sporting beige and hanging with criminals. :lol:
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    I thought it would be a bit different at the prison. Harder somehow but she didn't really commit a super bad crime so this makes more sense to be lower security. It won't be as hard for her except I think she will buck all the therapy ect. It's going to take the two years to get into her head I fear. She's so stubborn. Out of everyone I feel most sorry for little Phoenix. Poor baby, who knows how this will effect him long term. I have a feeling this will all come back and bite Harper in the backside again down the road as he gets older.

Katie as a roommate! :o Love it! I think this will be worse punishment for Harper that prison itself! This will be fun to watch/read. I love Harper but she really needs a wake up call at some point.

@CitizenErased14 Looking forward to two updates a week! :) Great chapter! <3
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Ahahahahaha! Yes! I'd include a gif of somebody laughing maniacally but I don't know how so I'll just explain what I want to do instead. *Insert gif of somebody laughing maniacally here*

I kind of felt like this was coming, and when the reveal of the roommate was drawn out, I knew it was true.

Of course, now I'm excited to find out about Katie's crime - obviously it wasn't too bad, because it's minimum security, which is basically like a day spa, I guess. And I'm going to be excited to find out how they deal with each other - I'm guessing they're both going to have to get over seeing the other one as "the enemy" or "the ur-person who ruined their life" pretty soon and realize that they're both people and both had it hard... because at a certain point, they can't blame everything on a childhood bully who made them miserable.

(Just to explain further: I realize Katie was more of the bully, but until we hear otherwise, I assume that her bullying was because of what was going on at home, and it was easy to see Harper as the person who had everything. Kids (and teenagers, and adults) can be cruel, especially when they're vulnerable, and often pick on people who they feel have it better than they do; I can see Katie thinking that Harper ruined her life by having everything handed to her when Katie had to work for everything on her own, just like Harper blames Katie for being mean to her. Regardless, they're both in prison so they're both going to have to get over it).

Excited to see where this goes next!
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Ahahahahaha! Yes! I'd include a gif of somebody laughing maniacally but I don't know how so I'll just explain what I want to do instead.

200.gif

I kind of felt like this was coming, and when the reveal of the roommate was drawn out, I knew it was true.

Of course, now I'm excited to find out about Katie's crime - obviously it wasn't too bad, because it's minimum security, which is basically like a day spa, I guess. And I'm going to be excited to find out how they deal with each other - I'm guessing they're both going to have to get over seeing the other one as "the enemy" or "the ur-person who ruined their life" pretty soon and realize that they're both people and both had it hard... because at a certain point, they can't blame everything on a childhood bully who made them miserable.

(Just to explain further: I realize Katie was more of the bully, but until we hear otherwise, I assume that her bullying was because of what was going on at home, and it was easy to see Harper as the person who had everything. Kids (and teenagers, and adults) can be cruel, especially when they're vulnerable, and often pick on people who they feel have it better than they do; I can see Katie thinking that Harper ruined her life by having everything handed to her when Katie had to work for everything on her own, just like Harper blames Katie for being mean to her. Regardless, they're both in prison so they're both going to have to get over it).

Excited to see where this goes next!

Gif inserted! I agree with what you said!
    edited January 2018
    @rednenemon @Bugsie2016 Glad you were both amused by the reveal ;)

@haswh Haha yeah sorry to disappoint with the jail! As fun as it would be to let her suffer a little more, for realism’s sake, I decided to research minimum and low security prisons in the US, as well as prisons in Germany (which are actually even “nicer” than what I portray here, believe it or not haha). I took aspects from both to create this prison environment for Harper :)

Having Katie as a roommate will most definitely make things interesting! We will see what happens in that area ;)

@superkyle221 Hahaha I knew you’d be excited seeing your girl again :joy: It will definitely be interesting to see how these two handle being roommates! Things will be revealed about Katie in upcoming chapters, including what her crime was, and maybe a little about her past too ;)

I promise prison will not be quite like a day spa though ;) But definitely not as harsh as a prison for people who’ve committed worse crimes.

Thanks for reading, guys! :heart:
    Post edited by CitizenErased14 on
    snvAF3B.png
  • orangeplumboborangeplumbob Posts: 1,102 Member
    200w.gif
    That's where you end it? But.... I need more!!! However, for your awesomeness in going down this route I give you my highest of high fives.

giphy.gif

As for Katie... Guuurl....
    i+will+cut+you.gif
    I love the OITNB gifs @orangeplumbob :joy: Very appropriate ;) Hehehe

Sorry it wasn’t longer... but at least we don’t have to wait as long for the next chapter!
    snvAF3B.png
  • winterbaby20winterbaby20 Posts: 2,413 Member
    8le52.jpg
    this was more than likely harper face when she saw katie
    @winterbaby20 Ha! Perfect :joy:
    snvAF3B.png
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    I'm just going to guess that Harper and Katie end up falling in love on the inside.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D This is awesome!!!!!!!!!! Yep, Katie and Harper are so going to be bestieess. I wonder what Katie did to get thrown in prison? I swear those two have a lot more in common than they think!!!!
    Hahaha we have many people predicting these two will be lovebirds or best friends eventually! Guess only time will tell :tongue:
    snvAF3B.png
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    It's really sad that Harper doesn't care that her parents were really REALLY hurt by her going to jail, she doesn't think they should care at all it seems. She's not even especially grateful that her baby has a safe place to stay while she's inside, but somehow, I think being stuck with Katie will make her start thinking possibly? I know something's gonna happen, dunno what exactly yet though.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
    @SeaDragonSong Yeah Harper is basically the definition of selfish and self-centered. She never thinks of anyone else’s feelings...

Hopefully something will help her start thinking of others! It’s something that really needs to change.
    snvAF3B.png
  • PurplishSimEaterPurplishSimEater Posts: 563 Member
    Harper and Katie as cell mates?

tenor.gif?itemid=4536608
    giphy.gif
    Works in Progress: Fitzgerald Family Fables
    House: Ravenclaw/Pukwudgie | Wand: 12 1/4", Spruce & Phoenix Feather, Hard flexibility | Patronus: Black & White Cat

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top