Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm done playing.

2...Next

Comments

• SimGuruEmmaSimGuruEmma Posts: 118 SimGuru
    Hey @SeraQueen, we are aware of a bug related to requests not showing up and the team are working on that as we speak! In the meantime, if you reach out to our support team, they'll be able to help you out there :)http://bit.ly/EAFMhelp
    Community Engagement Manager - The Sims FreePlay + The Sims Mobile - Firemonkeys and Maxis
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Erpe wrote: »
    It's not a PC game thus it will wonk out.It was designed as a cash cow and your not alone with issues.
    As of late the time has come to a snails pace.
    This type of online games are very often available in Windows App Store too as you can see on https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/games/windows The Sims Freeplay isn't there even though many have asked for it. But apparently EA just doesn't want Freeplay to be a PC game too because EA fears that Freeplay then would attract exactly the type of casual gamers who EA just hopes to attract to TS4 instead.

TS4 is much more of a cash cow than the Sims Freeplay ever will be because at least the Sims Freeplay still gets new events all the time even though it already has toddlers, weather, pets and all the other things which most likely never will be available in TS4 even though TS4 is a much more expensive game to play ;)

is the sims 4 really more expensive tho.

I mean freeplay is pretty expensive.
    for me I find the sims 4 a lot cheper
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    Erpe wrote: »
    It's not a PC game thus it will wonk out.It was designed as a cash cow and your not alone with issues.
    As of late the time has come to a snails pace.
    This type of online games are very often available in Windows App Store too as you can see on https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/games/windows The Sims Freeplay isn't there even though many have asked for it. But apparently EA just doesn't want Freeplay to be a PC game too because EA fears that Freeplay then would attract exactly the type of casual gamers who EA just hopes to attract to TS4 instead.

TS4 is much more of a cash cow than the Sims Freeplay ever will be because at least the Sims Freeplay still gets new events all the time even though it already has toddlers, weather, pets and all the other things which most likely never will be available in TS4 even though TS4 is a much more expensive game to play ;)

is the sims 4 really more expensive tho.

I mean freeplay is pretty expensive.
    for me I find the sims 4 a lot cheper
    This isn’t the case for me at all. But I agree that Freeplay is much more expensive than the Sims 4 if you just buy everything that you are offered to buy all the time because the extra stuff and the speed-ups which aren’t necessary unless you just want to succeed in the game without using the required time to play through the challenges in the normal way. I don’t buy all this extra stuff and I also don’t buy any of the speed-ups. Still I usually succeeds easily in all the events and I don’t miss any of the stuff which I don’t buy either.

But I am playing in Denmark and the game therefore also shows me a lot of adds which are in Danish and from Danish companies (some are still in English too though). Those Danish companies almost certainly pay EA a small amount for each time their add has been shown in the game. So it is still vital for EA to have as many active simmers playing the game as possible. Therefore EA let us download the game for free and also makes sure that none of the extra paid additions to the game really are necessary unless we don’t mind their high prices and want to buy them anyway. EA just doesn’t want to lose us as active simmers because then EA’s income from showing adds would become too low to pay EA’s expenses for developing the game.