Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Graham shows next SP Icon - The Sims 4: Cockroach Stuff?!

Comments

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Olaf15 wrote: »
    @icmnfrsh I don't think it's a joke :smiley:

I'm sure it isn't, but I'm still in disbelief that we have an icon like, well, this
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • John_CitronJohn_Citron Posts: 140 Member
    Looks like a beetle and the top half of a heart. The antenna are curved around almost forming a heart.

It's a love bug. lol
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Looks like a beetle and the top half of a heart. The antenna are curved around almost forming a heart.

It's a love bug. lol

That's a good one!
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    I’m like 99% sure this is a joke, simply because we’re not in the next quarter yet.

The only thing I can think of is maybe a Stuff Pack that offers run down, dirty furniture and items, which may have bugs appear etc. for those who want more run down gameplay.

Or it could be “cheap home stuff” or something.

But I’m pretty sure this is a joke, because the icon usually shows the gameplay object (or one of them) and I don’t think an insect can offer anything of value.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    gpqd2Sft_400x400.jpg
    SimGuruGraham updated his profile picture where he usually shows a Stuff Pack icon and it shows ... a cockroach? Dangerous Stuff? What do you think?

https://mobile.twitter.com/SimGuruGraham

Small Pets Stuffpack?
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited January 2018
    gpqd2Sft_400x400.jpg
    SimGuruGraham updated his profile picture where he usually shows a Stuff Pack icon and it shows ... a cockroach? Dangerous Stuff? What do you think?

Small Pets Stuffpack?

that would be nice and so would bug collecting
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • PolluxSimsPolluxSims Posts: 318 Member
    Wouldn't it have to be for the adventure pack or whatever though, since isn't that and Laundry day all that was announced for this quarter? Do they usually make things that aren't shown in the teasers? I know it could be something for the future, I just find it odd for them to tease something before we've gotten everything from the trailer.
    Read my Sawyer Legacy Simlit on Wordpress
    - Origin ID: PolluxSims -
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    gpqd2Sft_400x400.jpg

Small Pets Stuffpack?

I'd be fine with that, but a cockroach wouldn't be my first choice for an icon :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • 2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    Maybe it's a Little Critter SP on the horizon? The Adventure GP icon is a Mayan Mask so the beetle/cockroach icon has nothing to do with the upcoming GP. That's the only thing I could think of, plus I don't think it would be a Danger SP, because SP's typically add 1 to 2 gameplay objects. A caged pet SP could be doable if it's similar to the collection of frogs that's in the game. Our sims could have pet hissing cockroaches, tarantula, and scorpions- something that we've never had in a Sim's game before, along with other caged pets like- iguana/gecko, turtle, snake, parrot, hamster, rabbit, and guinea pig.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    PolluxSims wrote: »
    Wouldn't it have to be for the adventure pack or whatever though, since isn't that and Laundry day all that was announced for this quarter? Do they usually make things that aren't shown in the teasers? I know it could be something for the future, I just find it odd for them to tease something before we've gotten everything from the trailer.

Gamepacks use a blue color icon. SPs use Green.
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    edited January 2018
    Somebody on Twitter said they found the icon on google images for some bug extermination company.

So @SimGuruGraham might be just trolling.

LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Evil_One wrote: »
    EA finally admitting they ARE adding more bugs into the game?

Hahahahhahahahhhhh i have nothing to say after this
    21mbz47.jpg
  • John_CitronJohn_Citron Posts: 140 Member
    Somebody on Twitter said they found the icon on google images for some bug extermination company.

{Pic removed}

The icon actually looks like a fire beetle with the long curved antennae even though it's probably clipart used by the exterminator.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefly.

If you look at other Fire Beetles on Bing or Google, you'll see other examples.

At anyrate I hope we're not reading into this. :smile:

• EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member

The Company name is "Axis" (one letter away from Maxis)... Seems eerily coincidental.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Fake news
  • zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »

The Company name is "Axis" (one letter away from Maxis)... Seems eerily coincidental.

I do now believe we're just being trolled... but it is also of note to say Brindleton Bay was our last world and the company is described 'Bayside Region Pest Types.' Very silly. I do wonder why or how Graham stumbled upon it.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I don't know what to think...
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • blugar44blugar44 Posts: 229 Member
    Since it's an extermination company logo, I think he's trying to send the message that they're exterminating bugs ie. the team is working hard on patching bugs.
  • KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    OMG. I suffer of katsaridophobia. Everytime I'll see this icon I go hyperventilation. WHY THIS? WHY??? Gonna die!
  • LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member
    Please don't let it be bug collecting.. And bugs aren't exactly my hope of a small pets pack so not that either.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Here is the site where Graham got his icon from:
    https://www.axispestservices.com.au/types-of-pests

There are also other icons
    spider%20icon-400x400.png
    a256aFi.gif
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    Evil_One wrote: »
    EA finally admitting they ARE adding more bugs into the game?

Either that or he could just mean that they are trying to fix bugs that came with "Laudry Day Stuff"?!
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • PurpleCheshirePurpleCheshire Posts: 96 Member
    He could be just trolling us, but there's still some hope that this is actually a clue to the next pack...
    39901666071_622df5aee5_o.jpg
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Probably nothing fancy. It could just be plain stuff pack that adds rusty-grungy-rotten furniture and what not to make some sims house very cheap and low class with teared down sofas, kitchen appliances with grime texture, and probably a new death: death by flies or other less close (and the least interesting) to that gameplay feature that involves bugs/cockroaches.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Maybe Graham just wanted to "bug" people.