October 11 - It's Friday, and that means Friday Highlight is here! Check it out!
October 10 - A new The Sims 4 update is ready for you on Xbox One and PlayStation 4! Details here
October 3 - Patch day for The Sims 4 on PC/Mac! Find the details here.
Playing on macOS Lion (10.7)? Please, read this before updating your game.

Sandraelle's Creations...[NEW BUILD, "BIG BROTHER HOUSE" - Page 58]

Comments

  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 3,873 Member
    Oooh your Palm Lake Series homes are absolutely Gorgeous! Love the burnt orange and purple in living room of The Ventura. Love the floor plan and the awesome backyard. So beautifully landscaped!

    The San Jacinto's landscaping and yard are just as Gorgeous as The Ventura. Another lovely floor plan and I adore the kids rooms, especially the sweet pink girls room. So Pretty!

    I think The San Mateo is my favorite of the three. I Love the roof lines. Another fabulous back yard with gorgeous landscaping. :blush:

    Love the design for Aspen Meadows. The pics of it with the snow are Gorgeous! I really wish we had Season's in S4... It was always my favorite pack, with any of the Sims games. Love the barn out back too. :smile:

    Wishing you and your loved ones a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! :blush: <3

    @WrathofCath , thanks so much for stopping by Cath. I'm glad you liked the houses I did for my Palm Springs series, they were fun to do and a different style for a change.

    And I do love building log homes, especially when you can photograph them with the snow. Yeah, another odd thing about S4 that they didn't put in Seasons.

    Merry Christmas to you and your family too. Take care. <3 and hugs :)
  • aaron0haaronaaron0haaron Posts: 103 Member
    tumblr_p1i2osSWKu1tzcxi5o2_1280.jpg
    (L-R) Blakeley, Anderson, Reagan, Jackson, Lainey, Grayson, Jett Bennett, Ian, Colby

    tumblr_p1i2osSWKu1tzcxi5o1_1280.jpg
    (L-R) Chester, Shiloh

    @Sandraelle Merry Christmas from the Adams family! They LOVE their new home!!!
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 3,873 Member
    @aaron0haaron , the pictures are awesome! Thanks so much for sharing and I love all their Christmas sweaters - great looking family! I hope you had a Merry Christmas as well.
  • illusieillusie Posts: 10,820 Member
    THE SAN MATEO looks lovely.
    ASPEN MEADOWS looks great. I love the winter picture.
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 7,454 Member
    You have been very busy dear since my last visit! Lovely and beautiful as always!
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 3,873 Member
    illusie wrote: »
    THE SAN MATEO looks lovely.
    ASPEN MEADOWS looks great. I love the winter picture.

    Thank you @illusie!
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 3,873 Member
    BreeMiles wrote: »
    You have been very busy dear since my last visit! Lovely and beautiful as always!

    Thanks Bree! Yes, I have been quite busy in the way of building lately. Glad you stopped by!
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 3,873 Member
    edited January 2018
    MOROCCAN RIAD, 40x40 residential lot, built at 254 Foothill Drive, Starlight Shores 1/26/18

    DOWNLOAD
    * * * * * * * * *
    PICTURE ALBUM

    RfKCExL.jpg

    This was a DNA request for @Heledriel to build an Arabic fantasy home for her witch sim and teen children. This 2-story 3 bed, 2-1/2 bath Moroccan themed home is built in the "riad" style (meaning an open courtyard) featuring lots of colors, tiles and patterns throughout that are typical of Arabic decor. All the rooms are accessed through the 2-level courtyard that's open to the roof. Outdoors there are several patios, a garden, pond and hot tub.

    Additional info: The purple and gold magic room on the first floor was meant to have the store items -- book o' spells, magic cauldron and the soothsayer's crystal ball. However, I did not own these items so I placed other objects of equal size to be replaced with those magic items. Also, I placed a few Savvy Seller's rugs in the home, mainly because I was wanting a different rug look and they recolor nicely, but sims may want to do some "browsing" so those can easily be replaced with regular rugs.


    9Z8Vw6h.jpg

    Zs2JT9i.jpg

    6FFdZXd.jpg
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,380 Member
    OMGosh!!! I just finished looking at the pics and even tho I do not care for blue (as you well know! LOL) both those baths are just to die for!!! And the one pic of, I think living room looks like it came straight out of a magazine! Can't wait to explore it in game! <3 :)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 148,897 Member
    Morroccan Riad is a very special and nice Arabic fantasy home! :) The patterned walls and floors look so very very nice! The two level courtyard looks great! The patterned tiles water fountain area in the courtyard is a very special feature in the build! The build is very detailed and very colourfully nice! Very nice exterior design and layout of the build! The outdoors areas are very nice!
    It is a very special Arabic home, where the colours and patterned floors and walls look so effective and magical! :)
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 3,873 Member
    edited January 2018
    romagi1 wrote: »
    OMGosh!!! I just finished looking at the pics and even tho I do not care for blue (as you well know! LOL) both those baths are just to die for!!! And the one pic of, I think living room looks like it came straight out of a magazine! Can't wait to explore it in game! <3 :)

    @romagi1 , thanks Rox! Oh and I know how you don't like blue now, lol, but I'm glad you liked those rooms. It's funny because every time I use blue I think about you, hehe!
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 3,873 Member
    edited January 2018
    rosemow wrote: »
    Morroccan Riad is a very special and nice Arabic fantasy home! :) The patterned walls and floors look so very very nice! The two level courtyard looks great! The patterned tiles water fountain area in the courtyard is a very special feature in the build! The build is very detailed and very colourfully nice! Very nice exterior design and layout of the build! The outdoors areas are very nice!
    It is a very special Arabic home, where the colours and patterned floors and walls look so effective and magical! :)

    @rosemow, thank you Rose. There are so many patterns and colors I was afraid it would be a bit much, but I appreciate your nice comments. :)
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 7,454 Member
    Oh my gosh sweetie what a beautiful design and what amazing and lovely colors! Wonderful as always sweet friend!
  • MorakaiMorakai Posts: 3,806 Member
    I am a lover of different builds. I love to see the creative ways that you are STILL able conjour out of mystic fog or something. What can one say to express the awe, and sheer delight that looking at your various builds gives to me? THe words would be a poor substitute. You are amazingly creative, and generous! Thank you for sharing your talent with us, and I wish I could hug you and your Muse! hehe
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 3,340 Member

    Sandy you really nailed this build. How you manage to mix those colours and patterns is amazing. Everything looks wonderfully authentic and so very detailed from the architecture to decor. Well done!!

  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 3,873 Member
    BreeMiles wrote: »
    Oh my gosh sweetie what a beautiful design and what amazing and lovely colors! Wonderful as always sweet friend!

    @BreeMiles , thank you sweet Bree!
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 3,873 Member
    Morakai wrote: »
    I am a lover of different builds. I love to see the creative ways that you are STILL able conjour out of mystic fog or something. What can one say to express the awe, and sheer delight that looking at your various builds gives to me? THe words would be a poor substitute. You are amazingly creative, and generous! Thank you for sharing your talent with us, and I wish I could hug you and your Muse! hehe

    @Morakai , aww, you are so sweet to say the things you did. I really appreciate your kinds words and I'm happy that you like my creations. Hugs. :heart:
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 3,873 Member
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    Sandy you really nailed this build. How you manage to mix those colours and patterns is amazing. Everything looks wonderfully authentic and so very detailed from the architecture to decor. Well done!!

    @soocoolsim , thanks Paula! I'm glad it looks authentic, I was a bit worried about that when I try another style of architecture, lol.
  • illusieillusie Posts: 10,820 Member
    Morroccan Riad looks amazing! I love all the different colours and patterns you have used.
  • HeledrielHeledriel Posts: 457 Member
    edited January 2018
    I am so sorry for being super late with my replay (my weekend was way to busy).
    But finally had some time to have a look, and just wow. It is amazing! I'm so in love!
    I don't even know where to start. You chose wonderful colours and combination of patterns throughout the house, mixed with some softer paler elements so it doesn't look or feel overloaded. (I have to say it looks even better in-game, while the pictures are beautiful shots, the colours don't do it justice).
    It is so lovely, thoughtful and detailed decorated (with lots of cushions and seating and fountains <3 ) thus every rooms feels very unique and cozy in itself. Especially love what you did with the bed- and bathrooms, girls room is incredible cute (and so very clever decorated again), the boys room looks really cool and the master bedroom is beautiful (I'm such a sucker for turquoise and pink, though I wouldn't have thought such bold shades of them would look that lovely.) The bathrooms are regal! I find it admiring how you seamlessly incorporated all the requested and useful items into this enchanting design, even the technical items never look out of place.
    And the exterior, such a wonderful and intriguing design! You really thought of everything. And with the pond and all, it looks like a true oasis from outside and the garden is absolutely adorable! (I'm glad you chose the carport not an actual garage).
    To be short, I am really really amazed, the house (or rather the whole lot) is a real masterpiece. Thank you so very very much, for all the work, effort and dedication you clearly put into it; I truly love it and honestly appreciate that you thought of all my special requests :)

    //Uh, I almost forgot the best part, the 'magic room', you found such an interesting and artful solution for the magic store items. I had to smile when I saw the room, that it was so clear where to place them, not even I could mess it up :D Thank you again.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.
    KRVXYFF.png
    Sιм cяєαтє∂ ву romagi! ✿
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,400 Member
    :astonished: That is... breathtakingly... jaw-dropping spectacular!!
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 3,873 Member
    illusie wrote: »
    Morroccan Riad looks amazing! I love all the different colours and patterns you have used.

    @illusie, thank you hon! :)
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 3,873 Member
    Heledriel wrote: »
    I am so sorry for being super late with my replay (my weekend was way to busy).
    But finally had some time to have a look, and just wow. It is amazing! I'm so in love!
    I don't even know where to start. You chose wonderful colours and combination of patterns throughout the house, mixed with some softer paler elements so it doesn't look or feel overloaded. (I have to say it looks even better in-game, while the pictures are beautiful shots, the colours don't do it justice).
    It is so lovely, thoughtful and detailed decorated (with lots of cushions and seating and fountains <3 ) thus every rooms feels very unique and cozy in itself. Especially love what you did with the bed- and bathrooms, girls room is incredible cute (and so very clever decorated again), the boys room looks really cool and the master bedroom is beautiful (I'm such a sucker for turquoise and pink, though I wouldn't have thought such bold shades of them would look that lovely.) The bathrooms are regal! I find it admiring how you seamlessly incorporated all the requested and useful items into this enchanting design, even the technical items never look out of place.
    And the exterior, such a wonderful and intriguing design! You really thought of everything. And with the pond and all, it looks like a true oasis from outside and the garden is absolutely adorable! (I'm glad you chose the carport not an actual garage).
    To be short, I am really really amazed, the house (or rather the whole lot) is a real masterpiece. Thank you so very very much, for all the work, effort and dedication you clearly put into it; I truly love it and honestly appreciate that you thought of all my special requests :)

    //Uh, I almost forgot the best part, the 'magic room', you found such an interesting and artful solution for the magic store items. I had to smile when I saw the room, that it was so clear where to place them, not even I could mess it up :D Thank you again.

    Oh no worries @Heledriel, and you are very welcome!

    I'm so happy that you like it, as I really enjoyed building and decorating in this style. It's so gratifying to hear such lovely feedback from you and hearing about your favorite parts that you like. I was a little worried that the house might have been too big for what you may have originally wanted, but I hope that's not the case.

    I love adding those floor pillows, just wish we had some other cushions/throw pillows to add to furniture and beds. Oh well.

    I hope your teen girl likes her girly room....I thought the mirrors and makeup decor was fitting since you said she was vain, lol.

    And on the magic room, I got some advice from @romagi1 and she suggested some items to put in it's place. I was going to go ahead and buy those magic store items, but couldn't really justify spending that many simpoints on them since I won't get a lot of use out of them.

    Enjoy the home, and keep me posted about how your sim family likes it, lol. I always like getting in-game screenshots of the sims using the lot.
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 3,873 Member
    :astonished: That is... breathtakingly... jaw-dropping spectacular!!

    @creativemetaphor , thanks so much for stopping by and I appreciate your nice comments. :)
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,271 Member
    @Sandraelle, Moroccan Riad is absolutely stunning! I Love everything about this awesomely exotic build. The colors, textures and decor are gorgeous, as is the beautiful landscaping. So Beautiful! :smile:
    wB2Zykl.jpg
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top