Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's on your menu tonight?

Comments

• simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    Roast chicken, chunky veg and roast potatoes <3 Cannot wait to put it all in the oven!
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited January 2018
    Homemade Beef Stew and buttermilk biscuits. The intoxicating aroma as it was simmering in the crockpot made my mouth water all day. I confess, I pilfered several samples before serving it up once Hubby got home from work. Soooo yummilicious! <3 *drools*
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,609 Member
    edited January 2018
    Vegetarian sausage tart with red onion and goats cheese (Linda McCartney vegetarian sausages are THE best veggie sausage!) with broccolini and avocado salad.
    MLgj4Vx.png
    Woo hoo, Friday night - Indian home delivery!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    I had pizza. It was a large and I ate nearly the whole thing - only one piece left. I mean, it's great that the money wasn't wasted, but... Wow. lol
    OO2UdmJ.png
    BariSaxy wrote: »
    I had pizza. It was a large and I ate nearly the whole thing - only one piece left. I mean, it's great that the money wasn't wasted, but... Wow. lol

What topping was it?
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • OminousFlareOminousFlare Posts: 2,118 Member
    Had wanton noodles just now for lunch. Wasn't the most pleasant meal. It's oily. I prefer rice over noodles anyway.
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    February11 wrote: »
    BariSaxy wrote: »

What topping was it?

Just cheese. I only eat cheese. lol
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    Not sure about dinner tonight, but I just had Greek yogurt for breakfast.
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • HenrinatorHenrinator Posts: 55 Member
    I like potatoes :)
    Hello there (• _ •)
    You can also find me here: Origin ID: Henrinatoren | Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198057159691/
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    TV dinner - haven't made up my mind which one though.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • RepoRepo Posts: 344 Member
    Spam and rice with what ever vegetable I dig out of the freezer first. I'm not grocery shopping until tomorrow and Repoman has had a stressful week at work and begged for spam for dinner (which I normally have at least one can on the shelf in case the power is out for a while).
  • lanasimmerlanasimmer Posts: 137 Member
    I had Indian-inspired lentils with naan bread and rice
    origin id: lanathesimmer
    I'm going to do mash potatoes with goats cheese, green vegetables and mustard gravy tonight.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited January 2018
    Slow-cooker mesquite chicken & veggies (potatoes, carrots, cauliflower, & mushrooms).

This is apparently rapidly becoming my signature dish lol. Really clubhouse marinades do sooooo much of the work lol. I just give it the time to do so. Like I marinade for like 2 days and then slow cook on low... so much time for that flavour to do it's thing. I do add some flavours myself too though (mainly garlic). But if I say I'm making this chicken my family gets so excited and I'll hear all night "oh my god it smells so good when is it ready?" take the leftovers to work "oh my god it smells so good!".

I mean.... it does though.

I even had to break out both slow cookers for it this time. I have so many veggies, because the produce deals the last 2 days at Walmart have been INSANE. So normally I would do everything in one but I have sooooo many veggies. And I also didn't want all the veggies drowning in the sauce (because I thicken the extra marinade into sauce), the potatoes sure (and the mushrooms, DEFINITELY... they take the flavour SO well) but I wanted to not drown the carrots and cauliflower. So the chicken will cook in one (and about 30 minutes before it's done the mushrooms will go in with the chicken) and everything else will cook in the other.

I would die without my slow cooker(s) tbh.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    Not very healthy at all... BLTs w/ avocado and seasoned french fries.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
    Baked chicken thighs with a (very) little season salt, dinner rolls and spinach. I think I'd rather be having what @dreamerz13 is having, today is a ho-hum sort of meal for us, but I'm too tired for anything else.
  • sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    We had smoked ribs with potato wedges, and asparagus. Hubby usually does the cooking on the weekends which is nice. Gives me a break and he's a good cook :)
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
    McDonald's delivery:

- Spicy Chicken McWrap with fries and Coke
    product-skinless-grilled-chicken-mcwrap.png

- and a Double Cheeseburger
    1408972234496.png
  • hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    bumpppppp I need more dish ideas
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    Sure, why not.

Grilled veal chops with chanterelles in a mustard/cream sauce.
    The grocery store got a new delivery of beautiful (sort of local) chanterelles yesterday, so of course I had to buy some—they're hard to find in winter, even with the relatively mild weather. I think it's been over a month since I've seen good ones.
    The sauce has heavy whipping cream (not all that much, though), country Dijon mustard (a nice balance between smooth and grainy), shallots, and some herb (we'll see which one, maybe tarragon). It could be poured over pretty much anything that isn't red meat.

Normally tonight would be some kind of stew, but I just couldn't resist those beautiful orange mushrooms.
    Sweet and hot peppered pork on rice with green salad on the side (and a glass of milk, its spicy). The pork dish is one of our favorites, but I don't make it too often because we always eat too much of it. There are rarely leftovers of it and there should be.
    Had some wanton noodles for breakfast today.
  • sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I had chicken stir fry last night.

It was just a leftover chicken breast that I had cut into bite size pieces, a bag of frozen stir fry veggies and some stir fry sauce(like 2 tbsp)

First I sauteed the veggies in a bit of coconut oil for about 5 minutes. Then I added the chicken and cooked it for about 3 more minutes to heat the chicken through. Then I added the sauce and cooked for another minute or two. If you like your veggies a little more done, you may need to add more cooking time depending on your stove. You can also use different sauces as well. I like the seaseme too. Just check the labels because some of them are very high sodium.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • ZaraZara Posts: 115 Member
    a poptart. I have very exquisite taste in food lol.
    I make profile pics and signatures for free. hmu if interested.
    kky9DsT.gif