Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Getting Stuck More Often?

Since I started playing with Laundry Day Stuff, my Sims seem to get stuck all the time. Like, every fourth or fifth action. I don't have mods installed, but I am using the move objects cheat when I build. Has anyone else experienced this? I can reset them using that cheat, but it doesn't resolve the issue. There are certain actions that I just can't get them to complete... (taking clothes off the clothesline is one, loading the dishwasher is another). It's weird!!

If anyone has a quick fix, or any idea about something in my build or character design that might be causing this, I'd appreciate the feedback. Thanks, Simmers. :)

Comments

• Options
    BrandiregularBrandiregular Posts: 16 Member
    I always go heavy with MOO and I'm not experiencing this! Maybe it's a mod conflict?
  • Options
    Brieanna19Brieanna19 Posts: 307 Member
    I’ve been having the same issue! I did just repair my game, going to try and see if that helps, otherwise I haven’t found a fix yet! :s
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I find them standing around in one place more, when I give them a command, they usually stand around as though thinking about it, now they stand around longer, and either will do what I ask, or dismiss it and go and do something else. or I have to delete it and try again.
    I get more arm waving when it comes to bathing the dog, as though they cant get there, but have no problems bathing the toddlers in the same bath.
  • Options
    jedipwncesjedipwnces Posts: 85 Member
    For those who may encounter this issue in the future, one thing that seems to help is to save the game. It seems to reset them, so they continue to move or engage in whatever action is queued for them, instead of standing around in their frozen state. It hasn't made it happen less often, but it does seem to help move things along gameplay-wise.
  • Options
    simmer4life3simmer4life3 Posts: 105 Member
    Yea i thought i was going nuts,my sims will stand there doing nothing forever..
  • Options
    ZilogManZilogMan Posts: 57 Member
    Does PC performance affect this at all? For example , if you got a slow CPU but have upgraded to a modern graphics card, then use a lot of speed 3 on a full household, will the game get behind on AI stuff and cause sticky Sims, or does the frame rate merely decrease to stop exactly this problem?
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    ZilogMan wrote: »
    Does PC performance affect this at all? For example , if you got a slow CPU but have upgraded to a modern graphics card, then use a lot of speed 3 on a full household, will the game get behind on AI stuff and cause sticky Sims, or does the frame rate merely decrease to stop exactly this problem?

Not really. You can have a really good PC and still encounter these problems. I built a gaming rig just over two years ago and I found out the hard way. I repaired the game, and yet I still had problems. Here's what you want to do:

After every game, clear out your Video and Screenshot folders. For example, I'll save the ones I want to keep in my computer's Pictures and Videos folders, and then I'll delete the rest. If your sim takes photos and selfies, you'd be surprised how many problems a PC can have running this game with a few hundred or more photos in the Screenshot folder.

Clear out anything in your Tray folder that you never use. I created separate folders in my Documents folder to save copies of every sim and build I've created during the past two months. If I notice I have items in my Gallery I never use, I know I can delete them knowing I have a saved copy I can cut and paste into the Tray folder anytime I want to use it.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    I am also experiencing the same problem after installing Laundry Day Stuff.
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited January 2018
    @rosemow people are having issues with Laundry. Thanks!
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.

Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.

• Options
    ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    edited January 2018
    I don't think it is the Laundry Day SP as I don't have it yet, I think it might have been the update as that was when my sims kept needing to be reset. I even took off the mod and CC JUST to make sure but it still did the same thing sadly.
  • Options
    schapman5389schapman5389 Posts: 39 Member
    I've been experiencing this too. I don't have any mods or CC, and I have a decently powerful gaming laptop. The issue started happening pretty frequently about a week or maybe two weeks ago. I think it started happening before I got Laundry Day. Maybe with the last patch, though.
  • Options
    I've been experiencing this too. I don't have any mods or CC, and I have a decently powerful gaming laptop. The issue started happening pretty frequently about a week or maybe two weeks ago. I think it started happening before I got Laundry Day. Maybe with the last patch, though.

Hello
    Try doing the suggestions that I posted in the above post and see if that may help
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16283196/#Comment_16283196
  • Options
    KARRKITTKARRKITT Posts: 261 Member
    I've had a few Sim standing around oopidly at times. I either just clear their queue and/or speed up my game with the speed options. for me that's been working as Sim "wakes up" from whatever their daydream zoneout was...
  • Options
    PurpleCheshirePurpleCheshire Posts: 96 Member
    I had a weird situation yesterday, when I told my Sim to go somewhere and she went to the other side of the house and started dancing. xD Even though there was nothing in the action queue. When I told her to go back, she did, but she was still dancing. xD
    39901666071_622df5aee5_o.jpg
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    I've noticed my Sims just standing/sitting around too, and this save is only a few months old. I can temporarily fix it by clicking on the options menu at the top right corner, but it gets a bit tedious. I've repaired the game, the Sims have little in their inventories, and I keep my Tray and Screenshots folder empty. Guess my last step if it continues will be to reset my folder.
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    dopaminedroiddopaminedroid Posts: 169 Member
    [quote="jedipwnces;c-16276084"]For those who may encounter this issue in the future, one thing that seems to help is to [b]save the game[/b]. It seems to reset them, so they continue to move or engage in whatever action is queued for them, instead of standing around in their frozen state. It hasn't made it happen less often, but it does seem to help move things along gameplay-wise.[/quote]

I noticed that too. Just pausing and hitting play again gets them moving again too.
    -OneGrilledCheese @ the gallery-
  • Options
    John_CitronJohn_Citron Posts: 140 Member
    jedipwnces wrote: »
    For those who may encounter this issue in the future, one thing that seems to help is to save the game. It seems to reset them, so they continue to move or engage in whatever action is queued for them, instead of standing around in their frozen state. It hasn't made it happen less often, but it does seem to help move things along gameplay-wise.

I noticed that too. Just pausing and hitting play again gets them moving again too.

I've discovered that as well. Pause and go is a nice workaround for the problem until the developers/QA Team can fix the problem.
  • Options
    BonasitaBonasita Posts: 54 Member
    My female sim got very stuck last night. She and her husband were in the hot tub, and I needed her to use the bathroom rather urgently. She stood up, stuck her arms out like she was a child playing airplane, and stared vacantly. Every now and then she looked down and looked back up again. It was actually kind of funny because her husband kept looking at her like she was nuts. The only thing she had in her queue was to use the toilet. I tried opening and closing build mode, I saved, and eventually I just had to exit the game and come back in again. When I came back into the game, she was on the toilet. So I don’t think it’s necessarily just laundry day, because I don’t have that pack.
    Daughter started playing Sims 4, I joined her, she quit, I'm addicted! Moms play games too.
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood! :D
  • Options
    dopaminedroiddopaminedroid Posts: 169 Member
    @Bonasita
    If it's just one sim being stuck you can reset them using a cheat. Hit ctrl + shift + c, type in testingcheats on, shift click the sim and select 'reset object'. That way you don't have to restart the game, because that can take a long time.
    -OneGrilledCheese @ the gallery-
  • Options
    Bonasita wrote: »
    My female sim got very stuck last night. She and her husband were in the hot tub, and I needed her to use the bathroom rather urgently. She stood up, stuck her arms out like she was a child playing airplane, and stared vacantly. Every now and then she looked down and looked back up again. It was actually kind of funny because her husband kept looking at her like she was nuts. The only thing she had in her queue was to use the toilet. I tried opening and closing build mode, I saved, and eventually I just had to exit the game and come back in again. When I came back into the game, she was on the toilet. So I don’t think it’s necessarily just laundry day, because I don’t have that pack.

Hello
    If this happens again, try pressing the M key and have the sim travel to another lot and back again home again . Doing this can help with the issue.
  • Options
    BonasitaBonasita Posts: 54 Member
    [quote="dopaminedroid;c-16286791"]@Bonasita
    If it's just one sim being stuck you can reset them using a cheat. Hit ctrl + shift + c, type in testingcheats on, shift click the sim and select 'reset object'. That way you don't have to restart the game, because that can take a long time.[/quote]

Oh, you are awesome. Thanks for the tip!
    Daughter started playing Sims 4, I joined her, she quit, I'm addicted! Moms play games too.
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood! :D
  • Options
    KARRKITTKARRKITT Posts: 261 Member
    Let me add something, during my testing Vet sicknesses and the Wellness treat my Sim got stuck on the vet toilet. Even her bladder need wasn't moving XD

had to help her cancel queue action, she flush anyways (lol) - tried again that toilet, no change. canceled action, helped her walk out of the bathroom and around the counter-wall thing, as she was acting like something was in her path. When nothing was. Not even a cat/kitten.
    Told her to go home, with the home button on her portrait-avatar. She did that all by herself. Soon as she got home (or other place with a toilet) she used it.
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    It is bad. I had to reset a sim each time to get all the plants planted - froze every time after planting. Other weird stuff - I had another sim go out and help with the planting and same happened to that sim - froze each time but she was also tired and had her bed queued up and the mood portrait picture in the left corner showed her sleeping but she was still planting - it seems to be some sort of time warp! Also - a sim went to the Landgraab house and when he went to knock on the door - the house was no longer visible - it was as if all the walls were down even though they were not - if I zoomed out I could see it but if I got somewhat close to it - it looked like all walls down again. Never had these things happen in my game before - must be the patch or Laundry day.
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    @AprilDawn I believe inactive houses look like that when they haven't been loaded yet. Were any of the Landgraabs home? Once your Sim is invited in, the house and everything inside should appear.
    aSE16f8.gif