Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Sims and Friends: Share Your Stories!!

Comments

• SilverDaybreakSilverDaybreak Posts: 2,080 Member
    Hi @everyone!

Hope that you're all having a splendid day with your Sims and families. All the best to those who are studying, hope that you all do well in whatever courses you have in school, college, university, etc.

Just stopping by to let you know that I've started a new blog on Blogspot for Sim updates. Since I hadn't planned on writing stories, the updates will be more story form with a few pictures. Am having fun with my Valley Ventures Simself family, so have decided to share stories on them every now and then. It's not technically a legacy although for continuity's sake will post a general update as each generation family completes their aspiration and/or reaches the top of their career.

To those who followed me on Wordpress, due to that account being messed up by someone using my current email address on their account as I haven't used my 'jangraceted' gmail account on Wordpress, just the old jangted one. Am starting fresh with Blogspot as a new era of Sims 4 gaming. As long as I continue to balance both real life and Simming, I will continue to play, although much less once spring comes and thru the summer and fall months as well.

Here is my new Blog address. @mastressalita : Can you update my page info in your index?

http://silverjanscreations.blogspot.ca/2018/01/valley-ventures-tedford-family.html

Simslover will be making me a new banner for the blog.

That's all for now,

SilverJan (new Simming name)
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Hi all, here's an update for Friends Of Foes
    In this chapter the King attempts to make peace with his rival, Lauren.
    chapter-eight-i-won-t-tell-a-soul-orig-copy-2_orig.jpg
  • gnaslinggnasling Posts: 208 Member
    Hi everyone, I've posted the next chapter of Champion of Moonlight and you can read it here :)

cover3.jpg
    Hey guys, chapter thirteen of Friends of Foes is up. :)
    henry-and-the-king_orig.png
    I bring the gift of a new chapter of A Monte Vista Story! Read it here.

cover.jpg
  • xMike_BxxMike_Bx Posts: 222 Member
    It's back!

Episode 4 of season 4 of MURDER VALLEY SIMS is up!

Go read/comment/feedback/like

https://murdervalleysims.wordpress.com
    edited February 2018
    Hey guys, chapter fourteen of Friends of Foes is up. :)

chapter-fourteen-the-battle-of-granite-fallscopy_orig.png

Post edited by simscognito on
    Hi everyone, here's the next chapter of Champion of Moonlight :)

cover1.jpg
  • RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    Hello! I finally got the next chapter to Forget-Me-Not done!

Chapter 20: Frozen
    6iS5q4N.jpg

A world loses and Sonny finds something important.

I hope you enjoy and have a lovely weekend!
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
    Hi guys, here's the next chapter of Friends of Foes.

chapter-fifteen-prisoners_orig.png
    edited February 2018
    Here's another chapter of A Monte Vista Story, everyone. You can read it here :)

007cover.jpg

• ElenaSenoritaElenaSenorita Posts: 67 Member
    Site : Hate That I Love You --- hatethatily.blogspot.sg
    Simmer : @ElenaSenorita
    Sims games featured : Sims 4
    Update schedule : Monthly
    Disclaimer : PG-13
    Summary : Based on a true story about a gangster falling in love with an innocent girl.

HELLO EVERYONE . I AM STILL UPDATING MY STORIES .
    I NEED SOME FEEDBACK FROM EVERYONE IF IT'S OKAY ? THANK YOU !
    IC33G4a.jpg
  • bebasimbebasim Posts: 581 Member
    Hello and what a beautiful thread and idea.

My name is Beba75 meaning (Baby) my real life nickname as my parents have given me. My real name is Maxine but i'm known as Maxx most of the time. I am a mature aged woman in my early 40's, married with 3 daughters. (Aged 26, 25 and 19).
    We have 2 dogs and a couple of fish tanks. (we had a cat but recently lost him to old age).
    I live in Melbourne Australia and am a K9 trainer as a profession.

I started playing sims2 a long time ago thanks to my youngest who got me hooked onto it, and together we had built our neighborhoods. As i am a lover of animals and horses really are my soft spot, i decided to purchase last year sims3 just for the horses, and never have looked back. I am so addicted to Sims3 now it upsets my husband so many nights he get jealous that i'm playing my sims and not mine-craft with him.

I am a baby when it comes to playing sims as i am still learning so much, about the game and what characters can do. My first attempt to play sims3 was a Foal challenge which i had completed. (Mystique Legacy) I started with my Sim self of course in my very first challenge :)

I have since then started playing the Fox family from the Appaloosa Plains but to my surprise and my daughters ideas, my play time became a story that i am writing at the present moment and am loving the game play i get from it along with the writing.
    In real life i have always had an artistic flair, i play the piano, have painted and drawn works of art, I also love to write poetry and short stories which i had during my schooling years won some awards to my surprise. I haven't written in a long time and My current story is my very first attempt in a longer story to be honest.

My current story i am writing is called The Thorn of Secrets. I also have it on wordpress and i don't call it a challenge as i play the game for the story shots i can take, naturally some nights i just play to age members up or enjoy my sims leaving them to their own free will and get the laughs they give me, RL can be very difficult and i find great pleasure in relaxing of an evening with my coffee and sims being their crazy self's. I also have another thread i put up photos of some of the game play and amusing antics i get from my characters to my current story. Can be found here.

As this thread is very long i have booked marked it so that i can come back to it and read stories, i love to read and i certainly appreciate people who have the abilities to write. I have met a few beautiful people on this forum who really have a knack and ability to write, and i love the creative side that the sims game allows everyone to express. I will be sure to leave comments when i have started reading stories :)

I hope to get to know some of you and enjoy your stories.

Thank you
    Maxx
    Hi everyone! Here's the latest chapter of Friends of Foes.

chapter-sixteen-henry-and-the-king-reprise_orig.png
    Another week, another chapter! This time it's Champion of Moonlight - read it here :)

cover2.jpg
    Welcome, @bebasim ! I hope you like it here!
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
    Also hello everyone! It has been far too long, once again, but I have a new update for The Chrysanthemum Tango! I hope you like it and have a lovely time!

Chapter 48: Teen Angst
    Zstngyn.jpg

A set of teens who are not really teens contemplate their worries, and they're not the only ones feeling down.

I'm so glad I managed an update after a yet another break! I'm sorry these take so long.
    My Sims stories:
  • bebasimbebasim Posts: 581 Member
    Welcome, @bebasim ! I hope you like it here!

Thank you @RipuAncestor so far very interesting thread :)
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited March 2018
    Hi everybody and welcome to the thread where you can meet new friends and share your Sim stories and a little bit about yourselves so we can get to know you and help each other with kind words through those difficult times in real life.

Let me start by introducing myself:

My real life name is Janet (Jan Tedfor in my studio is myself) but I go by the the name of Silver which is taken from my username, SilverDaybreak (In memory of my part Arabian mare that I use to ride). I am from plum, New Brunswick and live with my wonderful husband and 2 cats Muffy and Buffy. I work for a local call center doing hotel reservations which is a lot of fun most of the time but like any job does get stressful (mentally).

As for my Sim Stories, I am one of those Simmers who has several stories on the go. My first legacy family (The Steel family) will soon be retiring after generation 10 as will my Day family. In this thread I plan to post the links to all of my stories at the beginning and then let you know which one has an update on my blog but will continue to post the pictures to my stories here in the thread. Don't worry about not reading all of them just pick some that you enjoy to follow and then maybe on a cold, snowy winter's day sit back with a hot chocolate or something sit back and read some of my older stories if you like. Each of my generations are like a story in themselves although they follow the main theme of the legacy but also adding new themes along the way.

I know most of you know this already but I like to use Sims from my friends in my stories as well as most of my newer legacy stories involve friends' Sims and/or families. In my main legacies as well if the game does not generate a spouse for my heirs via school prom or other methods I also like to find a Sim from one of your studios to use for a spouse. Someone that fits my storyline as well as a Sim who seems to be forgotten in a studio and has few downloads. This gives new dimensions and genes to my stories as well as gives you an opportunity to have a part in my stories. I hope that no one here minds me using a Sim from their studios for this purpose.

Of course if any of you need Sims for a story or extra townies please feel free to use any that are in my Studio. Just let me know who you are using and please give me updates on their lives even if they are just townies, letting me know that they are alright and settled well into their new town is nice, too. Guess I'm like a mother hen to my Sims as I like to know where they are after they leave my guidance.

That's enough about me for now.

Many thanks to my fellow Simmers and friends, Jazen, Sharona, Fairybird, Fru, Arrowleaf, Dreamerz, Ivory (when she returns to us), Madhatter, Spidergirl, Wickichick, Anon, Faye and any others who join me in making this thread the best place to share stories and make new friends. I will let each of these wonderful people introduce themselves and their wonderful stories.

Please when you post in this thread for the first time, introduce yourselves and comeback frequently as we want to get to know you and not have you just post your story and run which defeats the purpose of a having this a social place to share stories about Sims and yourselves. We will all try to read your stories and leave feedback and if we take awhile to do so please don't worry we will but sometimes real life and playing our own stories takes up time. All of us enjoy receiving feedback on our stories and love giving our thoughts on yours as well.

May we all grow closer to each other and our friendships flourish as we follow in Wicki's footsteps. Here's to many happy times ahead.

Silver

_________________________________________________________________________________

Recommend Links:

Writer's Lounge: A place for SimLit readers and writers to hangout, chat, and make new friends! Feel free to just drop in, read a few of the current topics, or leave a brief message of your own! This is the proud sister thread of Sims and Friends: Share Your Stories!! in the Stories and Legacies section!

Sims and Friends: Share Your Stories!!: A place for SimLit readers and writers to hangout, chat, and make new friends! This slower-paced thread is ideal for keeping up with discussions and commenting directly to folks! This is the proud sister thread of the Writer's Lounge in the Sims 4 Stories and Legacies section!

SimLit Chat on IRC: Do you like to chat in real-time? Feel free to drop by our IRC channel, located on server irc.rizon.net, channel name #simlit! And if you know nothing about IRC or how to use it, the link provided is a handy web portal: just input a Nickname and hit Connect to chat with other fans of SimLit! Please be aware that is it normal for folks to "idle" sometimes on IRC, so if no one gets back to you, they are likely just away from chat or unavailable; someone is always bound to come around and be willing to chat as soon as possible!

Stories and Legacies Index: Do you have a Sims-related story site? Submit it to the Stories and Legacies Index, a growing link collective of Sim stories for your browsing pleasure! Sites listed in the Index also have their updates listed for up to a month, so you can quickly catch up on what stories have updated each day! This is also a great reference tool for those with the Bookworm trait that are looking for new reading material!

The Writer's Hangout: Want to promote your story but don't have the time to chat? The Writer's Hangout is a place welcoming of link-dropping notifications of your new chapters, so feel free to drop and run... here, it's totally okay!

Just for Venting: Have something you just need to vent about? Then this is the place to come get it off your chest!

Book Club: Do you love reading SimLit? Join the book club! Every week is a new story for you to enjoy, with guided discussions available every Friday!

Short Story Challenges: Do you love short stories, or just want to try your hand at theme writing? Check out the Short Story Challenges, where every month there is a new theme to write about in 500-1500 words using 1-12 screencaps. Challenging, but so much fun both to read and write!

The Art of Storytelling: Looking for thoughtful discussion on focused topics about writing SimLit? Then check out the Art of Storytelling thread! Whether you are a new author or have finished legacies under your belt, all are welcome to share their experiences and ask questions!

The Writers' Workshop: Looking for some guided help on your stories? Need some critical feedback or other guidance or other help with writing? Check out the Writers' Workshop!

Hiya! My gallery name Hillybeth is just a combination of my first name (Hillary) and my middle name (Elizabeth). It's also what my mom's cousin calls me because I was given the middle name 'Elizabeth' for her. I've been a simmer since 2005 and this is actually my original Origin account. The one I had before- Morganvil225- I made because I couldn't remember this one, but a tech helped me move my games from my Morganvil225 account to my Hillybeth29 account.

Sorry I don't have sim stories yet. I was out of town for a few days and I'm having a tough time getting my new desktop to work. I might be missing a wire for it or something.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
    Hi everyone, I'm back with another chapter of A Monte Vista Story. Read it here!

cover.jpg
    Hello! I'm on a holiday, so I've got all week to catch up on stuff. Stuff like my Ambrosia Challenge story! Oh my gosh, we have plot, people! PLOOOOT!

Chapter 21: Secret Books
    a9a9oji.jpg

Sage wants to prove his ghostly friend that his grandmother doesn't have secrets. And of course he finds some.

I hope you enjoy and have a lovely time!
    My Sims stories:
  • ElenaSenoritaElenaSenorita Posts: 67 Member
    Hello Simmers .

I have been writing the story called "Hate That I Love You" @ www.hatethatily.blogspot.sg
    I hope some of you guys would comment and maybe tell me what I can improve on .
    It is my 7th Chapter now including Prologue .
    There are quite a handful of views but I am curious about the readers' views .

Here's a Prologue for those Simmers who are new to my story .

(((Faitherine Swan)))

She was just a simple girl who always wonders who her true love is. She dated her best friend of four years but never felt a spark with him. She always treated Zayn as her own brother. When they were officially together, it felt too awkward for her.

"No more jokes please!" Zayn told Faith.
    "You should have seen the look on your face! You were totally speechless!" Faith laughed so hard.
    "You asking for a break-up and going steady with Harry is not funny! I could have killed Harry if it was really happening. Stop laughing!"

Harry was their best friend. They loved to go out together. They practically did everything together.

"Aww, come on! Harry is your best friend, OUR best friend. He will never betray you like that!" Faith said, still laughing.
    "He was in love with you before. It could have been real you know! Babe, stop laughing!"
    "But I chose you, didn't I?"
    "Well, true."
    "Smack that grin off your face!"

Zayn had always been jealous of Harry since forever. Harry was not only cute but he was naturally kind and very patient. Faith is only 13 going on 14. However, she felt that this love could last even though she didn't feel a spark with him. She wanted Zayn to be hers forever. She always did.

(((Christopher Hamilton)))

He believed that when anyone does something bad towards him, revenge awaits. He never let anyone go that easily. He was in love. He was deep in love with Lydia. After they had been together for 5 months, he tattooed her name on the back of his neck. He was so in love that made him trust her every word. Before knowing Lydia, he was a playboy. He had many girls running after him. People call him Casanova because he once slept with tonnes of girls a day! But after knowing Lydia, he decided to change.

But he was wrong. He was blinded by her words. Lydia wasn't the girl whom he thought she was. A huge news broke out from his own brother that Lydia had been sleeping around with Chris' OWN friends! Chris only knew 4 of them and confronted them. None of his friends able to tell the truth. They denied every time they were asked. Only God knows the rest!

Since the day Chris knew about the true Lydia, he was never the same. He wanted Lydia to feel the hurt he got when he heard the news. Lydia didn't know that Chris knew about her doings. Since then, he did not even care about anything that Lydia is going to do or doing. He stopped showing interest in her.

The real him is somewhere inside, waiting to come out. He wanted to feel loved. He wanted to feel special from a girl. He wanted someone who would do anything for him. He could only hope that one day there will be the one special girl. And it will definitely NOT be the girl he tattooed her name on.
    IC33G4a.jpg
    Hi guys! I bring you the final chapter of CoM a few days early. Read it here :)

cover.png