Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can we reduce the aggressive volume of karaoke?

I like karaoke in TS4 but (for me) it is incredibly loud and I have to have the camera zoomed out by around 200 feet - which means I can't really watch Sims.

Anyone know how to lower the volume?

Comments

• BrandiregularBrandiregular Posts: 16 Member
    Audio settings, probably under music or effects. If not, master sound will handle it for sure.
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    Audio settings, probably under music or effects. If not, master sound will handle it for sure.
    I think not.
  • ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    Yeah, this is a big problem. I've even looked at the files for modding it, but it's set up unlike any other object and I can't make heads or tails of it. The thing is on teenage loud music like settings all the time. I get so sick and tired of objects in packs I buy that are nigh-on unusable because of things like this or Sim's obsession with them. Not adjusting the volume after all the posts about it shows their lack of caring.
    *sniff*

Simming is the harshest of environments.

Cold, harsh and unforgiving - and that's without even having weather in TS4.
  • frogkiss1frogkiss1 Posts: 248 Member
    lol you want to make you ears bleed have two kids sing a duet.
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    I haven't noticed but karaoke is supposed to make your ears bleed tbh.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • BrandiregularBrandiregular Posts: 16 Member
    How not? I just checked, there's even a option to reduce music from objects. That's the only thing we can do, which is exactly what you asked for. If you don't really want suggestions, better rephrase it a bit.
  • Lex2221Lex2221 Posts: 972 Member
    Sadly I haven’t even noticed :o maybe it’s because I have 2 kids irl that run around and be loud constantly so I tend to tune loud sounds out. I’m going to have to load my game up and see what your talking about lol.
    2ahzmo1.gif
    How not? I just checked, there's even a option to reduce music from objects. That's the only thing we can do, which is exactly what you asked for. If you don't really want suggestions, better rephrase it a bit.
    How is that possibly a solution?
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited January 2018
    In the options menu, you can reduce the volume of the all the objects. That is a solution, but for some it may not be to their liking. I know that I set each volume setting to what I can tolerate, but I also am able to ignore loud noise since my kids are usually loud when playing around me.
    edited January 2018

Really? Turn down the music level, and then you can't hear anything from the stereos. Not any kind of solution whatsoever.
    In the options menu, you can reduce the volume of the all the objects. That is a solution, but for some it may not be to their liking. I know that I set each volume setting to what I can tolerate, but I also am able to ignore loud noise since my kids are usually loud when playing around me.

Again, that isn't a solution. The problem is the karaoke machine is WAY louder than the other items in the game. Even louder than the stereos on high volume. Turn it down, and then you can't hear other objects.
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,222 Member
    I just assumed it was meant to be loud and ignore it. Doesn't bother me as much as teens playing loud music anyway.
    image.png
    The karaoke is devasting when you are supposed to be in bed.

It is a giveaway to your parents when that sucker starts blaring out.

I need a proper solution within the next 4 hours.
    Ok so I just went to do karaoke and it was normal volume to me. The same volume of other sims talking around the venue. And in the game options there’s 6 settings for volume. Master volume, object music, music, voices, sound effects and UI sound. My music volume is turned all the way down and everything else is on 100 percent. I can still hear music from the stereo as well I think the music volume is for the start up music, loading screens and build mode.
    2ahzmo1.gif
    @plopppo2 I don’t think there’s a solution for just the karaoke machine sorry :/
    2ahzmo1.gif
  • Saunta2Saunta2 Posts: 870 Member
    I dare you to have an alien child sing karaoke, lol. You feel sorry for your ears then
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    You could just turn your own volume down until its tolerable. Its not like you really need to hear anything to efficiently play the game
    LR3g0ni.jpg
    I'm always amazed at the number of people who's solution is to simply turn everything down, so that you lose out on the sounds of everything else. Why even play with sound at all? I'm sure it would be quicker and easier to make games without sound. Or, here's a crazy idea; how about they just fix it?!?! The amount of things in the game that still don't work right is huge; I spend at least a third of my time with the game either looking for fixes or trying to mod them myself. But gosh, let's not think the designers should pitch in.
    @ravynwolvf well if that’s the only solution at the moment what else is there to say? No one said turn EVERYTHING down, people were just giving him some ideas on how to lower the volume. Which would include turning something down, I always thought that’s how you lowered the volume on something. How do you lower the volume on things?
    2ahzmo1.gif
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Lex2221 wrote: »
    @ravynwolvf well if that’s the only solution at the moment what else is there to say? No one said turn EVERYTHING down, people were just giving him some ideas on how to lower the volume. Which would include turning something down, I always thought that’s how you lowered the volume on something. How do you lower the volume on things?

All radios/speakers have different volume settings. I usually have to go in and change them from Medium to Low because I find them way too obnoxiously loud otherwise.

I don’t use the karaoke machine, so I don’t know what it sounds like in comparison to radios on medium (which IMO is really loud), but there should at least be an option to reduce it’s sound without sacrificing sound for every single object in the game.

I don’t play with my PC volume very high in general (even non-Sims games), but I have had to turn my sound down even after adjusting it to low. Not a super huge deal, but I do think it’s worth fixing if it is obnoxiously louder than needed with the karaoke machine.
    edited January 2018

Actually, if you read all the posts, someone did say to turn the overall volume down till it's quiet enough. Others said to turn various other settings down, and yeah, one will turn down the karaoke volume, but other objects as well, so you'd have to turn it right back up again if you wanted to use other items. The biggest problem is unlike most every other audio item in the game, they didn't bother to put a volume control on it.
    In any case, there is no decent solution at the moment. the volume of the karaoke machine IS way too aggressive, and people have been complaining about it since it came into the game, and they haven't bothered to fix it, just like the hot tub sits on your lot not being used, for example. Heck, it took like three years to get the silencer on the phone to work.

All radios/speakers have different volume settings. I usually have to go in and change them from Medium to Low because I find them way too obnoxiously loud otherwise.

I don’t use the karaoke machine, so I don’t know what it sounds like in comparison to radios on medium (which IMO is really loud), but there should at least be an option to reduce it’s sound without sacrificing sound for every single object in the game.

I don’t play with my PC volume very high in general (even non-Sims games), but I have had to turn my sound down even after adjusting it to low. Not a super huge deal, but I do think it’s worth fixing if it is obnoxiously louder than needed with the karaoke machine.

Yeah, if you haven't used it, you have no idea how loud it is. I mean, it's loud. Like annoying pop-up add on a website loud. I have mine on the second story of my current house, and when someone uses it, I can still hear it booming away if I'm focused on the lower floor.
    @drake_mccarty and @ravynwolvf yeah if all radios and speakers have a volume setting then that should have one too considering how it’s technically both. So I can see why it would have a lot of complaints and they should fix things that get numerous amounts of complaints but until then all we can do is try to work around it. Should we have to? No but that’s the only option as of now. And omg what’s wrong with the hot tub??? I haven’t used it since they released it. I’ve been thinking of getting one but guess I’ll have to wait.
    2ahzmo1.gif
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    @drake_mccarty and @ravynwolvf yeah if all radios and speakers have a volume setting then that should have one too considering how it’s technically both. So I can see why it would have a lot of complaints and they should fix things that get numerous amounts of complaints but until then all we can do is try to work around it. Should we have to? No but that’s the only option as of now. And omg what’s wrong with the hot tub??? I haven’t used it since they released it. I’ve been thinking of getting one but guess I’ll have to wait.

Skinny dip and upgrade are the only selections on my hot tubs. No regular ‘get in’ so my Sims really only use it when they choose to autonomously. I’ve had this bug for months, not sure if it will ever get fixed either.