Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Cheat Do You Love Most?

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
edited January 2018 in The Sims 2
We all have our favorites and what one cheat would you not be able to live without (you don't have to necessarily use it all the time) and just love more than the others? I'll try to list the most popular.
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

What Cheat Do You Love Most? 135 votes

MoveObjects because I can make all sorts of things and my favorite- I can pick up my stuck Sim if I need to do that.
34%
pisceschick75Rflong7JBAG521AnmirlaJULES1111mommy19959699Sillyhartluvmueller_litepeterskywalkercercatmilly001j3n1ynSonata13SingerAgentAnteaterK4siesSapphire268mariajane216tnb494chrstal27luxsylvan 47 votes
Motherlode and Kaching! I don't have time to work for all that money!
22%
Lynarielaknuckledusterblacksheba1973happysimmer2007Mizz_TriceyAjaGioRoboSpongieSPARKY1922TerraLordkiribatiCrownSimsr0b0tman5EgonVMEricasFreePlaydreamprisonerSimmingLoveDemery27Elle_AnneNindessatheFella 30 votes
FamilyFunds since it makes it so easy for me to move a bin family into any lot!
10%
Dida_QuickswitchDrewRowlandScorpina2009Serendipity38lulubadwolfjjames041PhoenixArrandeEnkiSchmidtBrindletonNeko_waRamofMerryDeathHecate90PricklyTrashnoodlemama 14 votes
45DegreeAngleofRotation, because I love decorating a room in reality with seating etc. at an angle like real life.
8%
BluegayleGodlikeRsandaM13VulpeculalegendaryemreDedudamolDreamaDoveKingoBurningBridges99JadesimmerIamJ 11 votes
CEF because I love to build split levels, homes inside a mountain etc., any terrain tool cheat is worth it's weight in gold!
0%
sikasika18 1 vote
CAS cheat, I love putting my Sims in hidden outfits!
2%
Sorak4GoulsquashSophie_ 3 votes
SnapObjectsToGrid, because Maxis never lined up the grid for coffee tables, paintings etc.
4%
Rukola_SchaafRadioAChickenBreazonaSimsophoniquekachingJazztizz 6 votes
All of the above, I use them often.
17%
lisamwittStormkeepCinebarzagboorulesLustianiciaJennyggBabykittyjadeEmmaVanedrakhariskamra19610MsReid113james64468MaglxisbackScribal_GoddessEcaEmmaLeighIceeykanorlaSeloBeeKottonKrown 23 votes

Comments

• theFellatheFella Posts: 297 Member
    edited January 2018
    BoolProp TestingCheatsEnabled and IntProp MaxNumOfVisitingSims are my most common ones. for the poll it would be the money cheats.
    MeanBrilliantArrowworm-size_restricted.gif
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited January 2018
    SnapObjectsToGrid, because Maxis never lined up the grid for coffee tables, paintings etc.
    i use most of the listed cheats & Aging Off

those two i use nearly every time i play TS2 now :
    MoveObjects
    SnapObjectsToGrid

those 3 i use fairly often :
    Motherlode and Kaching
    FamilyFunds
    45DegreeAngleofRotation

CEF - i will probably never use since i am really not a good builder & have not the patience nor fun with any sorts of extended building/sculpting of terrain

i don't know the CAS cheat, could come handy, if i find a moment where it would be better to use it than not
    what is the cheat again ? :open_mouth:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • theFellatheFella Posts: 297 Member
    I don't know the CAS cheat, could come handy, if i find a moment where it would be better to use it than not
    what is the cheat again ? :open_mouth:

The hidden outfit one? open the cheat console, enter "boolProp TestingCheatsEnabled true" without qoutes, go into CAS and press shift and N at the same time. you should get a pop-up.

MeanBrilliantArrowworm-size_restricted.gif
  • M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,715 Member
    45DegreeAngleofRotation, because I love decorating a room in reality with seating etc. at an angle like real life.
    45DAOR, I have it turned on by default in my cheat start up file (the file where you can have cheats turned on by default).

I do regularly use MOO, though I do turn it off when placing wall-mounted objects. So it's less common.

At times I use ConstrainFloorElevation, more for my crazier stuff though. :p

No idea what SnapObjectsToGrid exactly does, though I do love SetQuarterTilePlacement, it allows for more detailed object placement than TS3 without the alt trick does. :smiley:

Don't use the CAS cheat often, and I really like the challenge working for them Simoleons brings, so no to Kaching and Motherlode. Familyfunds very sometimes for better off families, though I certainly like starting with 20k.

Nice poll idea. :+1:
    Banner.png
  • lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    FamilyFunds, not because it's easier to move a new family in a good house, but because i can easily take money from them :D I just give them the right amount of money for a empty lot, not the usual 20k. Harder but funnier :D
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    MoveObjects because I can make all sorts of things and my favorite- I can pick up my stuck Sim if I need to do that.
    Hi :)

I use plumbobtoggle most and I have my userStartup set up with a few already turned on - like the 45 degree and the pets codes.... but I moo is probably second. :lol:
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    MOO. I use it to place things in every house I decorate. :D Clutter overload!!!
  • BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    The FamilyFunds cheat is super useful for Build A City Challenges :)
    Taking taxes from sims, and moving them to the mayor / founder is super convenient.

Also there are times where the needs maxing cheat saved my pregnant sims from dying. Sometimes it's way too hard to take care of pregnant sims.
  • SillyhartluvSillyhartluv Posts: 73 Member
    I would say motherlode or kaching, but if I'm being honest. I used Moveobjects on more than any of the other cheats. The only other thing I type into the cheat bar more on the Sims 2 is "Boolprop testingCheatsEnabled True".
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    edited January 2018
    Familyfunds because as the only one of the money cheats it can lower funds as well as raise them - And there goes your fortune, have fun starting at zero >:)

Closely followed by bugjartimedecay off, boolprop controlpets true and boolprop petactioncancel true
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited January 2018
    Wow, I forgot the aging on/off cheat! :o Maybe because it's off in my game for so many years I didn't even remember it's off. :o
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    I don't know about the moveobject cheat. Or snap to grid cheat.
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    edited January 2018
    FamilyFunds, not because it's easier to move a new family in a good house, but because i can easily take money from them :D I just give them the right amount of money for a empty lot, not the usual 20k. Harder but funnier :D

Wow! That's brutal. *laughs* I usually have one Sim spend pretty much all their cash for the house. Then the second Sim moves in and spends a good part of their cash to furnish it. So by the end of their first day, they are broke.

When I was TRYING to like TS3, I tried a challenge that was interesting. Your first sim had to buy the most expensive lot in the game which took them down to about nothing. You didn't even have enough to do much but buy a bed, toilet, four SMALL walls to put them on (no outer walls, floors or roof). There were many other rules but that got you started. The challenge was to get to 10 generations all living on that lot. It's the only thing that kept me playing TS3 for a few months. I enjoyed the challenge. Poor Sim had to take showers at the gym. *laughs*

As for this poll, I guess I'm an anomaly. I have exactly one cheat: no friends.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member

This actually sounds like playing homeless Sims. :D
    I've done it in TS3 and TS4 and as soon as I come up with about $300 to replace my hard drive and transfer data, I'm gonna do it in TS2. It will be a bit odd, and I will need to set up a homeless shelter, but it is fakeable in TS2.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Sonata13SingerSonata13Singer Posts: 183 Member
    I used to use it to delete stuff like police cars and delivery trucks, that way I didn't have to pay the bill :D . I also used it to move objects I could move before just to see what would happen. I don't use it nearly as much as i used to.
    3ZWheQM.gif
    Origin ID: Sonata13Singer

I also create music and art (search up Sona13Singer on google... but I haven't been uploading a lot recently)
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    I use all the building cheats regularly, motherlode and kaching to setup households the way I want them, and I was using family funds a lot before I installed a hacked banking computer. :)
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »

I've done it in TS3 and TS4 and as soon as I come up with about $300 to replace my hard drive and transfer data, I'm gonna do it in TS2. It will be a bit odd, and I will need to set up a homeless shelter, but it is fakeable in TS2.

It's easier in TS3 and TS4, really. In 3 & 4 you can just walk a bit to find food to eat and collectible to sell, so by the end of the day your sims have some food and a small amount of money. In 2 you have to grow food, but to do so you need to pay for a small garden, and so one. Really hard, but so fun :D
    Rhiannon58 wrote: »

Wow! That's brutal. *laughs* I usually have one Sim spend pretty much all their cash for the house. Then the second Sim moves in and spends a good part of their cash to furnish it. So by the end of their first day, they are broke.

When I was TRYING to like TS3, I tried a challenge that was interesting. Your first sim had to buy the most expensive lot in the game which took them down to about nothing. You didn't even have enough to do much but buy a bed, toilet, four SMALL walls to put them on (no outer walls, floors or roof). There were many other rules but that got you started. The challenge was to get to 10 generations all living on that lot. It's the only thing that kept me playing TS3 for a few months. I enjoyed the challenge. Poor Sim had to take showers at the gym. *laughs*

As for this poll, I guess I'm an anomaly. I have exactly one cheat: no friends.

I've done this so many time in TS3 :D These kinds of challenge keeps the game interesting ! Because when my sims are wealthy i tend to get bored.
  • MythicBiscuitMythicBiscuit Posts: 32 Member
    I use them all to be honest, but the money cheats I've probably used the most!
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »

It's easier in TS3 and TS4, really. In 3 & 4 you can just walk a bit to find food to eat and collectible to sell, so by the end of the day your sims have some food and a small amount of money. In 2 you have to grow food, but to do so you need to pay for a small garden, and so one. Really hard, but so fun :D

Oh, I know it must be easier in 3&4. That will be the challenge in 2.
    They won't be growing a garden for a while though. I'm going to set up a "homeless shelter" on a community lot with tents, public bathrooms, grills and maybe a pond to fish and zone it as hotel. I have a comm skill mod (which I think everyone should have anyway) and I will place chess boards and perhaps an easel on a public beach (and that way the child can comb for seashells to contribute to income also).
    I'll set rules like I can only build a bedroom with beds at energy and comfort no higher than the tents on the lot when they reach 5K. Then I have the choice to upgrade the beds or build a bathroom once reaching 5K again and so on.
    It will be weird because they won't age unless they are there on the lot at 6pm and the child won't go to school unless they are on the lot between 8-9am, I'll form my rules about that around the limitations as I see them unfold. I want to set a max time at the homeless shelter before they must come home for designated minimum amount of time.

I'm looking forward to making this work. :D

baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Sindel910Sindel910 Posts: 44 Member
    I'd say for me it would have to be either motherlode or move objects, but I also found the free realestate cheat to be VERY useful many times, especially when placing my own made NPC sims!
  • kanorlakanorla Posts: 29 Member
    There isn't really a cheat I haven't used. Boolprop testingcheatsenabled is my most common on I create an all knowing Sim that takes care of the cemetery and other lots that require "personal" attention, making flowers going to Sims' house to collect tombstones and urns than placing them in the right spot. I'm thinking about making the next caretaker an alien observing Sim culture.
  • Mango23Mango23 Posts: 19 Member
    While I don't use cheats anymore when I play The Sims, because it drains all of the fun out of the game, back when I first got it I used to love the boolprop testingcheatsenabled true cheat. It was so great to me, because it was like all of the other cheats in the game combined into one, you could even kill your sim by flies, which still fascinates me till this day.
  • Bluefairy286Bluefairy286 Posts: 254 Member
    BoolProp TestingCheatsEnabled

So I can tweak the health bars.
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    + MOO + Allow45degreeangleofrotation T/F.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • KatastrophicSimKatastrophicSim Posts: 90 Member
    Where the "boolprop testingcheatsenabled" at? It has ALL the good stuff in there.