The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Top 5 Things You Need For a Complete Game?

So today I was reading about the fact that witches may be added and I got excited because they were on my list as what I needed for a complete game. So what 5 things do you need for a complete game these things can include content already added. Please note this thread isn't to discuss a lack of content but as a fun discussion on what you see as a complete sims game. Remember please limit it to 5 things and it would be good to make it in order of most wanted content, I'll go.

1. Seasons
2. City World
3. University
4. Witches
5. Adventure World

Comments

• LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    1. Preteens
    2. Pets (including small pets)
    3. Beaches with swimmable oceans
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Every iteration requires three things from me. In order of priority:

1. Seasons
    2. Pets
    3. Vampires

Just waiting for seasons now and my Sims experience will be complete.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    A complete Sims game?

1. World/Terrain Editor.
    2. Seasons
    3. CASt
    4. University
    5. Cars
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited January 2018
    1. Small Caged Pets (My simself household is missing our birds)
    2. A more (USA) Midwest type world. The words we have now do not reflect what I see as that area.
    3. Seasons
    4. An actual eco-living pack with more living off the land aspect
    5. Ability to made homes into rental properties
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Not sure if you mean what I need from the start for a complete game or what I need at this point for a more complete game so I'm going with the later. Leaving off adding Adventures for the time being since we seem to be getting that next Game Pack but that's usually at the top of the list.

1. Seasons (though I know it will probably kill my computer)
    2. Werewolves
    3. A Freetime style Hobbies pack but hopefully without the annoying NPC's and the Constant Messages
    4. Farming/Living Off the Land and/or a True Rural World
    5. Teen Pack that adds in more things for teens to do like Prom, after school activities & Graduation

and in general more Careers (especially Ghost Hunting & Dance), more Collectibles, more Traits & more Aspirations.
    ~ ~ ~
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited January 2018
    I have more than 5 but tops that I need to see in this version before completion:

1. University
    2. Witches
    3. Crafting (this is really too broad but I'm hoping for farming with canning, honey making and other consumable production)
    4. Couple dancing and more romance options like bed cuddles
    5. Stardom (can't wait to see what they do with this or some careers ect)

I just want to see these things come Sims 4 style. Whatever else comes is cake and I'm looking forward to it.
    egTcBMc.png
  • MelpomenaMelpomena Posts: 207 Member
    At this point in the game, I would appreciate,

1-Witches
    2-Vacation destinations
    3-Shorter teens and hangout venue just for them (pool room with game equipment and an ice cream and popcorn bar)
    4-Hobbys : flower arrangements, pottery, blowing glass, fruit & vegetables canning, ballet dancing, martial arts, thi tchi,
    5-More traits, aspirations, careers and animations (not especially related to an expansion or gamepack)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,819 Member
    University
    Witches
    Hobbies/Sports to include skating rinks, pool tables, candle-making, needlework.
    Color Wheel
  • HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    1. Seasons
    2. University
    3. Fleshed-out teens
    4. A simple color wheel, not CASt
    5. Some kind of personality pack/update that adds an attraction system, likes/dislikes, fears, etc. I want my Sims to be inherently more unique. :)
    aSE16f8.gif
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    I would exclude extra content at this stage - ie Seasons, etc, etc.

They need to fix core elements of the game to allow better gameplay.

This type of thing:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/922873/when-are-the-embarrassingly-woeful-and-incredibly-mean-ui-lists-going-to-be-rectified

Until they do, you cannot easily invite family members, work colleagues, teens only, children only, etc, etc.

There is a ton of stuff in TS4 that needs tidying up.

ie, this type of stuff is fine to add in:
    Some kind of personality pack/update that adds an attraction system, likes/dislikes, fears, etc. I want my Sims to be inherently more unique.
    This compliments missing elements and connects elements. It is also pretty much easy to do.

Anything like Seasons, University, etc, etc, is a big effort - but the above is for a couple of 10 year olds to complete.
  • 2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    For me it would have to be more in-depth core interactions and gameplay. Seasons/Weather will return in TS4 so I'm not too concerned about it at the moment. Cars isn't really something I must have in my game, since sims themselves teleport now (unless they re-route the teleportation similar to TS2 and take advantage of the open neighborhood to where our sims teleport at the edge of the map).

1. Family Tree/Generation(s) expanded and re-developed- if my sim is the first settler of Newcrest than I would like to see the family and the family's connections sweep across all worlds. Family Album and a Generation Record Book added into the game. New relationships are expanded rather than just the typical Parent, Roommate, Sibling, Child, Grandparent/Grandchild; I would like to see more connections implemented like Step-Parent, Aunt/Uncle, Step-Child/Sibling, Niece/Nephew, Cousin, In-Laws (Mother/Father in-Law, Sibling in-Law), Great Grandparents, Ex-Spouse/Partner. This way if a 3rd Generation Sim is living in San Myshuno they have a chance to meet a cousin or someone they're related to by learning about their heritage/ancestry as a new social interaction tab that had several new conversation topics based on a sim's family. These family relationships would also make a great fit for a Romance pack and future packs that expand upon Family/Generations.

2. Personalities are also expanded and explored more. Our sims may have emotions but that's about it. Our sims need something that makes them a truly unique and a one-of-a-kind Sim. Likes and Dislikes, Hopes and Fears, Turn On's and Turn Off's, and Favorites are brought back with Favorites having several slots such as- favorite color, favorite dish, favorite music/movie genre, favorite hobbie, favorite subject, and favorite season.

3. More types of social events- Wedding Ceremony & Reception (sim's receive gifts from guests for their home as well as money), Baby Shower (sim's receive gifts for the baby), Bachelor/Bachelorette Parties, Anniversary Celebrations, Graduation Ceremony & Graduation Party, Family Reunion, Holiday Celebrations (once seasons return then egg hunts, Trick-or-Treating and gift-giving pops up at random for in-game holiday celebration), and Funerals as well as Reading of Will (inheritance and heirlooms return)- a sim could inherit the family fortune or get nothing.

4. New & Classic NPCs Comeback- fan favorites like Police Officer and Burglar make a return with the burglar system making a comeback. Firefighter, Paramedic/House-Doctor (new NPC that arrives at home and cares for a sick sim), Delivery People (Chinese), Paper Boy/Girl (return of Newspaper), Mid-Wife (a new NPC that lives with resident and cares for children when a parent is away), Skunk & Bear.

5. Create-a-World Tool- whether it would be an in-game tool system or external game tool, the ability to design our own worlds similar to the size of Newcrest would be ideal for those of us who want more worlds for our sim to explore and reside in. We could select the backdrop, design the decor/scenery in neighborhoods, and have free-range of lot sizes to place in neighborhoods. What would make this feature popular is if we had the ability to share the worlds we create on The Gallery. This would actually be perfect for the last release of TS4... a game pack that focused on all things related to world editing.
  • vessmevessme Posts: 492 Member
    I would love to see:

seasons
    personalities
    color wheel
    larger worlds or lots
    werewolves
    tumblr_nc81zxn8g31qa6q9uo1_500.gif
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Here's what I want when celebrities are coming

1. Second City World (if San Myshuno is being Asian)
    2. Celebrities (either being a singer or movie star)
    3. Hip Hop (a radio station in three years since it's not coming yet)
    4. R&B (another radio station in three years since it's not coming yet)
    5. Singer and Movie careers (sing music or act like someone whoever)
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2018
    12JEREMIA wrote: »

San Myshuno isn't Asian, I think? :o

I think it's inspired by San Francisco. Myshuno was a game sims in TS2 could play, that's where the word comes from I think.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    Seasons
    Celebrities (Careers, and something like Superstar)
    Family relationships to be extended in panel like aunts, uncles, step parents, ect
    Color Wheel
    More careers like GTW
  • Cinders27Cinders27 Posts: 34 Member
    - Witches
    - University / Schools
    - Farming (with horses!)
    - Celebrities (a la Sims 1 Superstar)
    - Romance (attraction system, unrequited love, turn ons/ turn offs, more romantic interactions etc)
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    edited January 2018
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    12JEREMIA wrote: »

San Myshuno isn't Asian, I think? :o

I think it's inspired by San Francisco. Myshuno was a game sims in TS2 could play, that's where the word comes from I think.
    So what? I don't care if it has a fake culture or real cultural, this first city world is being a mixture of cultural and American. I want another city world that inspired by New York City and Los Angeles!
  • ZedFeZedFe Posts: 7 New Member
    1. More of a focus on Lower Class and Middle Class Sims in CAS and buy mode
    2. A better progression in how each age acts and what they can do each life stage
    3. More differentiation from teens to young adults both in body shape and appearance, with all teens having a small bit of acne and some being unlucky and having more acne than others
    4. More focus on the world to the point that everything is redone and closely resembles the open world of Sims 3
    5. An even distribution of basic (un-stenciled) clothing to the point that there isn't anything forgotten from one life stage to another, and CASt to make it even more varied.
    Example: If one life stage has a hoodie, all other life stages have hoodies across all genders even if those hoodies look different.
  • RealSimmer97RealSimmer97 Posts: 2 New Member
    1. Height! Since we have the option to adjust the weight of our sim already I think adding a height option would make things more realistic since not all people are the same height. What if I wanted a girl to be 5'5 and her husband 6'2. I think it would be cute.

2. Being able to travel with our sim as it did in Sims 3.. which means please bring cars and bikes back into it. Maybe a scooter

3. Grocery shopping. In sims 3 we were able to go to the store and choose what we got and in Sims 2 we just ordered groceries.

4. More Careers. Maybe even making some of the pre existing ones playable just like the Get to Work pack only with more options of careers to play in.

5. Maybe adding werewolves.. fairies...as you did in the sims 3
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    1. Preteens and unleashed babies with Generations with fixes for each life stages with new personality traits for all life stages with unique traits for certain stages of life... I need grumpy old man trait for my elders and jock nerd rebel for my teens and have their personality traits actually reflect those choices with how they act.
    2. CAW
    3. Seasons
    4. Romance pack with turn ons/turn offs slow dances and more dancing in general where Sims actually acknowledge other Sims with more places to go on dates or fixes to the boring clubs/bars with the option to turn off things like alien night so they're useable.
    5. Cars
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    1. University
    2. Seasons
    3. More careers
    4. Hobbies
    5. Vacation destinations
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Favorites
    Sorcerers
    Werewolves
    Seasons
    Hobbies {particularly: Soccer, Sketch Pads, Archery}
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • PurpleCheshirePurpleCheshire Posts: 96 Member
    Top 5 things I want in updates and each type of pack:

Updates:
    - Story progression
    - Cars
    - Cops and robbers
    - Firefighters
    - Editing terrain

Expansions packs:
    - Seasons
    - Farming
    - Superstar
    - World Adventures
    - University

Game packs:
    - Warewolves
    - Witches
    - Fairies
    - Hobbies
    - Romance

Stuff packs:
    - Teens
    - Bedroom
    - Bathroom
    - Weddings
    - 60s/70s/80s/90s
    39901666071_622df5aee5_o.jpg
  • dg51829dg51829 Posts: 300 Member
    1) University
    2) Seasons
    3) Historical elements (being able to set a decade in the game/story progression that has a culture influences)
    4) Vacation towns (like World Adventures)
    5) Werewolves
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    1. Seasons
    2. University
    3. Preteens and a generation type EP/GP that focus on all the age groups.
    4. More building options like stairs
    5. Burglars, firefighters, police officers, and social worker
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24