Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

House Bill

NezImaniNezImani Posts: 1,016 Member
Hi Everyone!

Sooo, I was just curious. I have a household of three siblings, the two young adults working, one is in the chef career the other the technology career, the third sibling is a toddler. They live in a pretty big family home (I know, I know, I should've probably started them in a small starter home). The house has four bedrooms, four bathrooms. But, it's just a little bit funny to me how their bills is like 9-10 grand. I'm just thinking, they don't even make that much money?!?! Lol.

Anyway, I was wondering what everyone's sims and bills were like. Happy simming! :)

Comments

• LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    Most of my families have really expensive bills, but I think this one is the most. I have a family with two young adults, twin toddlers, and a baby and neither of the parents work because the dad is a very wealthy vampire. They live in a castle which is on a 64x64 lot and it has 6 bedrooms and I think 9 bathrooms and they have a butler. They're bills are 56,000! I just cheat to give them lots of money so they can afford the bills
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • NezImaniNezImani Posts: 1,016 Member
    Hi LiaRose1435!

And wow, a 64x64 castle sounds nice!

I am hoping once my female young adult finds a husband and settles down she has twins too! And yeah, I have been cheating too to able afford the bills.

I was wondering if once the household maximizes their careers, and freelances their skills (gardening, painting, photography, writing) they will be ok and I won't have to cheat anymore lol.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    A majority of my families only have around $3k in bills. I also usually play in small 3 bedroom, 1.5 to 2 bathroom homes on asany size lot. Most of my families are 2 adults and between 2 to 4 children in those homes. I do not keep much in the family inventory and am a minimalist, so my homes are not very cluttered as well as each sim's inventory. I do also use the MCCC mod and add child support to the bills, so in households that pay it, those billa are usually see bills at only $6 to 8k. Money is very easy to earn without cheats for me though. I usually have about $15k in savings by mid into the young adult lifespans (on normal aging) of generation 1. By generation 3, I can get so bored as I have so much money that I usually cheat back to only $500. The bills have to do with how expensive the furnishings you own and what is in each sim's inventory as well as the family inventory.
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    It’s not just the lot itself that contributes to your bills. How much stuff do you have in your inventories? How many collectibles do you have?How nicely decorated is your lot and do you have any masterpieces? What sort of electronics/appliances/stuff do you have are they super high end? All that stuff contributes so scale back and replace expensive stuff with cheaper stuff sell any masterpieces or maybe sell off/close up some of the excess bathrooms. Or buy them a smaller house until they can afford it. Ifyou’re trying to avoid cheating that is if not well then enjoy your fancy house!
    ~ ~ ~
  • frogkiss1frogkiss1 Posts: 248 Member
    Use auto light that lowers the bills a bit but the more your house is worth will rack up the bills, and fruits and veggies also help rack them up lol.
  • keenowkeenow Posts: 549 Member
    My sims live in a gigantic mansion at the moment and their bills are about 11,000 simoleons. I expect, by the time I finish furnishing the house, their bill will be closer to 15,000-16,000? I have some empty rooms at the moment I've yet to furnish. As others have stated, I'm pretty sure the bill is solely based off of the stuff you own, both in lot and in household inventory, not how much electricity you actually use? I've never actually had auto-lights affect my bills before in anyway that I've noticed. Is that really a thing? :open_mouth:
  • x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    Really? I have a large house with an 7-sim household and their bills never get past 6 grand...
  • itslouisitslouis Posts: 24 Member
    My sim made a lot of money in the agriculture business; lives in a 30x20 lot in an expensive neighbourhood; 4 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms. The house was worth 300k fully furnished when I built it and moved in, but thanks to all the masterpieces my sim paints, it is up to about 600k. I keep a very slim inventory and have the frugal reward trait. Pay around 10-12k a week. Have enough money to pay them+a butler+a gardener and never do any work. The point of all this bragging being: consider growing some fruit/vegetables.

Sim is also immune to fire.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member
    itslouis wrote: »
    My sim made a lot of money in the agriculture business; lives in a 30x20 lot in an expensive neighbourhood; 4 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms. The house was worth 300k fully furnished when I built it and moved in, but thanks to all the masterpieces my sim paints, it is up to about 600k. I keep a very slim inventory and have the frugal reward trait. Pay around 10-12k a week. Have enough money to pay them+a butler+a gardener and never do any work. The point of all this bragging being: consider growing some fruit/vegetables.

The last legacy I had any success at I started with a gardening sim and by generation 3 they were closing in on a million simoleans. I wasn't really doing any upgrades to the house or property though, because it amused me to make it look like a rundown dump sitting in the middle of a super nice neighborhood.

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    edited January 2018
    Unfortunately for our Sims, (and luckily for us people in RL this does NOT happen), not only is the size of the house taken into account, but also what each Sim has in their inventory. This is way more like a tax than a utility bill, if you ask me. Yes, the larger the quarters, the higher the electric and gas bills can be. But this is more like our Sims are being shaken down. LOL Oh, wouldn't it be cool to have a job wherein our Sim could be an active lawyer that ultimately becomes a judge and gets to resolve conflicts of why their bill is too high, etc. ?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    I had to reduce bills with MCCC, because it wasn’t making any sense to pay 17000 per week.
  • PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    I had about ten thousand in bills for my main household. I ended up cheating so they would only pay half. I want my sims to have some expenses, but I also want them to make profit and progress in their lives.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Really? I have a large house with an 7-sim household and their bills never get past 6 grand...

Can you post a pic of the house please?