Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which feature do you think needs to come back

GodleyjeansGodleyjeans Posts: 336 Member
edited January 2018 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Out of these options I'm interested to see what the community wants to have make a return to the newest general of the sims series.

Be sure to comment if nothing you want to see is included in the polls.

Which feature do you think needs to come back 180 votes

Story progression
24% 44 votes
Open world
16% 30 votes
Cars (Carpools for work, busses for school, etc)
16% 30 votes
Colour Wheel
15% 27 votes
Other (Please comment and specify what you'd like to see make a comeback)
13% 25 votes
Interactive Rabbit holes (Movies, spa, catacombs)
6% 11 votes
Working Graveyard
7% 13 votes

Comments

• Options
    LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    Newspapers, home phones, and small pets
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    I voted other because for me the most jarring thing missing from TS4 is NPCs. For example, when a fire breaks out I want to see a Firefighter NPC come and save my sim's home like in TS2/TS3. I also miss the Burglar NPC breaking into my sim's home at night and the Police Officer NPC coming and trying to arrest him. I feel without the NPCs the game's worlds feel a bit incomplete/empty.
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    FUNCTIONING TRAITS :joy:

didn't i said that now for the hundredth time ? :joy:

long version
    1. Functioning Traits
    2. Cars (Carpools for work, busses for school, etc)
    3. Working Graveyard
    4. Colour Wheel
    5. Open world

6. Story progression ... was there EVER any real story progression in any of the sims games ? hm ...
    7. Interactive Rabbit holes (Movies, spa, catacombs) ... i would prefer active jobs for all sims & all sims playable but that's wishful thinking, will NEVER happen in ANY sims game EVA

8. Memories
    9. Sims Brains ? :joy:
    10. Zombies :joy:

11. ...

but what are we complaining here about a game which has a Talking Toilet, Roombas & a sole Laundry Stuff Pack :joy:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    All of em' *laughing*
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I need a working story progression! I don't use mods and i'm tired of nothing happening in my game unless I interfere.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    VeronicaHerndonVeronicaHerndon Posts: 63 Member
    I'd like to see all of them make a comeback
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    Definitely story progression.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Color wheel, family album, no time passing at the homelot while sims are active on community lots and each household tracking time seperately.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    All of those are essential.

Plus:
    Consequences
    Danger or less a sunshine and rainbows world
    Burglars see above
    The repo man see above
    Unsavoury charltan (sp)
    Better personalities
    More in depth game play
    Memories
    Attraction system
    Pets you can view their AI
    Babies that aren't objects
    Better Teens (zombie walking for a mood swing? Come on!)
    While we are on the topic: moodswings that mean something and not a moodlet
    The school bus
    Carpools
    Taxis
    Improved culling system if it has to happen
    More game play activities particularly ones that don't feature a bar, karaoke machine, chess table or some form of work out equipment
    More jobs
    More functioning traits
    No fx backdrops

I could go on but I have more chance of seeing a flying pig than seeing even a quarter of my list come to fruition.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Oh yes and how could I forget?Optional checklists for dates, parties, jobs and building community lots.
  • Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    I said story progression because then maybe the sims would have personality. Well, different personalities, but in all honesty all of this and more I think should return.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    I voted cars.

I miss having cars, and functioning garages.

I also want fears and some form of memories to make a comeback. As well as more meaningful whims.
    And the attraction system.

Add all those back in and Sims 4 could be the bee's knees for me.
  • Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    I said graveyard - I just want someplace to send my dead sims (that sounds horrible, doesn't it?).

I never played sims 3, so I don't care about most of the other stuff, but story progression would be nice, I guess.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I wish that there were more things for my Sims to do both as a family and with friends.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I just want to see the Sims go around approving or disapproving of new builds again. Makes building more fun.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    edited January 2018
    color wheeeelllll plealse :disappointed:
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    There is no All option.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    edited January 2018
    FUNCTIONING TRAITS :joy:

didn't i said that now for the hundredth time ? :joy:

@Rukola_Schaaf I have been really frustrated with the trait system. They seem very shallow and limited to me. I would really like to see the ability to pick 5 traits just like TS3. They really ought to just bring back all of the TS3 traits, as they had a pretty good thing going there. Plus some new ones.

Some ideas
    • Shy
    • Loud/irrepressible
    • Type A personality
    • Type B pesonality
    • Nurturing

Also, yes we need cars to come back.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Dancing together.
  • Options
    Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    I voted "other" because I would like to see NPCs like firefighters, police and burglars make a come back as well as the firefighter career. I want to see slow dancing for couples as well as actual dancing together-not like how we have in the game currently. I'd also like to see the graveyard come back as well as fear and real consequences. There is just a lot of stuff we all want, that's for sure.
  • Options
    GodleyjeansGodleyjeans Posts: 336 Member
    I said graveyard - I just want someplace to send my dead sims (that sounds horrible, doesn't it?).

I never played sims 3, so I don't care about most of the other stuff, but story progression would be nice, I guess.

I understand what you mean. Yes we can build what is basically a graveyard in game, it’s just land for the dead to be kept but in sims 3 we had functioning cemeteries where you could actually go work because of the catacombs and graveyard worker career. It was so minior but I loved that shift! It needs to be brought back along with functioning pre set cemeteries for us to use and visit.

They added a cheap version in sims 4 but it’s for pets and not classed as a cemetery but just a patch of land on the island by the museum and the lighthouse, maybe it’s a step in the right direction or EA value pets having a good burial more than they do human sims. And no it doesn’t sound horrible, it’s very respectful actually, sims having a direct place to rest for eternity where they can be visited and spent time with, sims can work nearby and visit them after work hours or come by early before shift starts, I used to do that in sims 3, visit the neighbours and say hi then hop off for work, it was random but so nice.

Also it’s better than a sim dropping dead and you having to put them in the garden, I mean some simmers do that and make beautiful gardens dedicated to that passing sim but most times you see stones plopped here and there or you have urns in the basement ready for lil Timmy to Knock on his way to the laundry room (I was gonna make a South Park reference but that’s just too dark)
  • Options
    KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Story Progression On the Condition we can control what progresses, and for which households.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif